BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Backroom

In better news at least the manager search farce would be over and we could move onto the next farce

I just wish there was an appointment that could unite the fans but I can see a fan divide more than ever though sadly

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't quite understand the (extreme) negative reaction to Flitcroft. He played for over a decade in the Premier League so understands the game at this level. 'Managing' is as much about having the people skills, nous and confidence to make a decision as anything else. It doesn't really matter what level it is at, the same management skills are important, and Flitcroft has displayed them in his short career so far.

Granted, he wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't see why he couldn't be a success.

?Really, we're hiring someone from the Evostick League and that's ok?

In better news at least the manager search farce would be over and we could move onto the next farce

I just wish there was an appointment that could unite the fans but I can see a fan divide more than ever though sadly

There'd be a fan divide over any possible outcome.

This managerial process should have been so simple. As soon as Schuster's application arrived they should have picked up the phone, arranged an interview then appointed him. 3 days tops.

Would be underwhelmed with Flitcroft if rumours are to be believed.

I'd imagine Dowie is just the sort of intellectual powerhouse the media boys like to feed false information to just to see if he'd broadcast it.

I just got tea in my nostrils because of this comment.

Thanks for the laugh, but my sinuses say, "Kean off!"

I'd imagine Dowie is just the sort of intellectual powerhouse the media boys like to feed false information to just to see if he'd broadcast it.

Haha, I can see all the editors and sound men all shivering with giggles as they hand Dowie the note with the info.

I think Simon Grayson would be a good bet. He's got a chance to a reunion with Rhodes and he's only 42, has managed since 2005 with Blackpool, Leeds and now Huddersfield....He does really well with Hudds and has a good win ration! My choice with Holloway and OGS....

Apparently Flitcroft regularly goes to Rovers with his two lads if Chorley aren't playing? Can someone substantiate this and ease my worried mind?

correct when Chorley are not playing he's down a Ewood,don't panic he won't be coming as manager.

Leave a manager's job (I'm aware of what level) to take up another one for a month?......can't see that either.

What's really in it for him? OGS would want his own back-staff so he would be gone......to ask for his old job back or something.

id imagine he'd make more in a couple of months here than a year at chorley(i my be wrong though!) and having on his cv that hes managed at this level would put him in good stead for another good job in the future(if he does ok)..

People need to get a grip when it comes to this 'If so-and-so take charge I'm never coming back' as it is truly tiresome. Whoever the new manager is he deserves a chance to prove himself.

Think you miss the point.

Venky's, Shebby and co deserve no more chances.

We simply can't keep going on like this.

In less than 2 years, the heart, soul and structure has, IMO, been ripped out of our club.

They have had many chances to wipe the slate clean but haven't.

The supporters of BRFC are not sheep or obedient 'servants'. As we all know, culture and ways of working in India are vastly different than the UK.

Supporters will vote with their feet and wallets.

Venky's have had enough chances but keep blowing it.

This may well be the final nail in Rovers' coffin.

Just said that the rumours around Ewood were that Flitcroft was to be appointed tomorrow morning. The presenter mentioned it numerous times throughout the show.

Dowie's a tool of the highest order. A poor ex-pro trying to play thebig-hitting journalist.

Fail.

?Really, we're hiring someone from the Evostick League and that's ok?

Look at it a different way. We are hiring an ex captain who knows our team, the league, and what it might take to get the club out of the malaise we are currently in. Someone who was prepared to go and learn his trade at the local semi-pro club rather than just sit back on the money he has learnt from playing and from business.

As I said, wouldn't be my choice but can't see why he couldn't be a success.

Think you miss the point.

Venky's, Shebby and co deserve no more chances.

We simply can't keep going on like this.

In less than 2 years, the heart, soul and structure has, IMO, been ripped out of our club.

They have had many chances to wipe the slate clean but haven't.

The supporters of BRFC are not obdeient sheep. As we all know, culture and ways of working in India are vastly different than the UK>

Supporters will vote with their feet and wallets.

Venky's have had enough chances but keep blowing it.

This may well be the final nail in Rovers' coffin.

It would certainly signal the end to any ambition. Why would a club aiming to return to the Premier League make such a bizarre appointment?

You have to laugh or you'd cry.

Archived