BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's usual for the betting to be suspended on the night of a match!

The markets were open throughout, some closed then re-opened then closed again with Flitcroft's odds tumbling with all the bookmakers. It was to do with how fast his odds were tumbling and obviously the Dowie mention.

The markets were open throughout, some closed then re-opened then closed again with Flitcroft's odds tumbling with all the bookmakers. It was to do with how fast his odds were tumbling and obviously the Dowie mention.

They will have an automatic shut off if a substantial amount of money is bet

They will have an automatic shut off if a substantial amount of money is bet

Indeed, that's why I think Dowie mentioning it caused the markets to be suspended by the people betting on him. Not necessarily from a flood of insiders knowing about it was a done deal. I hope not anyway.

Nicko thinks its Derek Shaws pick that will be the number 1 target tomorrow.

• Backroom

Nicko told me to be serious when I asked if Flitty was the main man

I believe there is something in it though as Flitcroft is easily contactable and folk may have heard something from him

As an aside someone mentioned Flitcroft for Rovers at the BRFCS sportsmans do, people cheered but I don't think for a second anyone really thought it was even close to an option, more like the reaction to when someone in the crowd heads the ball back and people call to sign him up!

Well I have seen it all now, we get blasted for issueing a press release on behalf of our members regarding Rovers appointing a coach rather than a manager, and I can tell you 100% McKinlay was going to be appointed, then Flitcroft goes to watch the match as he does all the time when Chorley aint playing and then we get blasted as if we had suggested him as manager.

Quite laughable really.

I tweeted out on the day of the Charlton Match regarding Flitcroft as it was in the Chorley Guardian. I asked Gaz if there was any truth in it and he told me he had held informal discussions with people at the club. He has heard nothing since.

So my understanding reading half of these post on here, is we issued a press release which we got slated for and then everyone comes on and complains at any other name linked. Guess what guys , the appointing committee aint reading this board and your words wont be hitting home. This is why we issued a press release to ensure Rovers didnt drop an almighty one..

Seems if we do something ,its wrong, but everyone else can say/do and act how they want??

As we have told you a million times the Action Group have put NO names forward as the new Manager, I'm aware of many who are interested and many who have been spoken to by the club however any appointment I do not want on my conscence hence I have never named one.

This all boils down to Kamy's Podcast were he insinuated we had put Flitcrofts name in the ring, which was proceeded with him telling Shebby to listen to no-one. Well he got his wish because Shebby has spent the last four weeks ignoring the supporters and anyone else.

I suppose if I gave you other names like Shearer too, in which I have personally spoken to his camp, that he also can go on the BLACK LIST?

Or perhaps the Holloway camp? Shall we stick him on the Blacklist too?

I really think some people need to grow up and stop spinning completer and utter rubbish because it is just not helping the situation and is making things a million times worst!!!

Wonder if Flitcroft has been spoken too about the Accrington job, maybe he has told his players he is off but not told them where.

This would make more sense than jumping from managing a club at about the 7th or 8th level of the "Football pyramid" to one at the 2nd level.

Mind you, when in the last two years, have the words "sense" and "Blackburn Rovers' owners" appeared in the same sentence?

Well I have seen it all now, we get blasted for issueing a press release on behalf of our members regarding Rovers appointing a coach rather than a manager, and I can tell you 100% McKinlay was going to be appointed, then Flitcroft goes to watch the match as he does all the time when Chorley aint playing and then we get blasted as if we had suggested him as manager.

Quite laughable really.

I tweeted out on the day of the Charlton Match regarding Flitcroft as it was in the Chorley Guardian. I asked Gaz if there was any truth in it and he told me he had held informal discussions with people at the club. He has heard nothing since.

So my understanding reading half of these post on here, is we issued a press release which we got slated for and then everyone comes on and complains at any other name linked. Guess what guys , the appointing committee aint reading this board and your words wont be hitting home. This is why we issued a press release to ensure Rovers didnt drop an almighty one..

Seems if we do something ,its wrong, but everyone else can say/do and act how they want??

As we have told you a million times the Action Group have put NO names forward as the new Manager, I'm aware of many who are interested and many who have been spoken to by the club however any appointment I do not want on my conscence hence I have never named one.

This all boils down to Kamy's Podcast were he insinuated we had put Flitcrofts name in the ring, which was proceeded with him telling Shebby to listen to no-one. Well he got his wish because Shebby has spent the last four weeks ignoring the supporters and anyone else.

I suppose if I gave you other names like Shearer too, in which I have personally spoken to his camp, that he also can go on the BLACK LIST?

I really think some people need to grow up and stop spinning completer and utter bullshit because it is just not helping the situation and is making things a million times worst!!!

People in glass houses should not throw bricks.

End of the day, regardless of your opinions and sensibilities, it is in your remit to avoid coming on message boards like this and haranguing your way into full blown slanging matches. You are a supposed voted member of the action group, I am sure that half the people who voted for you would be disgusted by this type of comment.

If you are not savvy enough to avoid this type of conflict, then I suggest you should learn fast.

Quite laughable really.

I really think some people need to grow up and stop spinning completer and utter bullshit because it is just not helping the situation and is making things a million times worst!!!

Who was your school English teacher Glen?

• Backroom

I don't personally think anyone should go on the black list or people will start complaining that there is no white list

I can't wait for this fiasco to be over, just go and get Holloway and let's wrap it up

Quite laughable really.

This all boils down to Kamy's BULLSHIT Podcast were he insinuated we had put Flitcrofts name in the ring, which was proceeded with him telling Shebby to listen to no-one. Well he got his wish because Shebby has spent the last four weeks ignoring the supporters and anyone else.

As for the first bit in bold "Our group's better than your message board".

Absolutely pathetic. Grow up. How old are you? 12?

As for the second bit in bold, you may not have put any specific individual names forward but you have attempted to influence Club policy into not appointing a Coach or inexperienced manager.

I'll agree with you that no-one wanted McKinlay. However a lot of people might have been reasonably happy with Shearer or Sherwood, or Gary Neville say. Or OGS. Unfortunately OGS isn't that experienced as a manager so he'd have to be ruled out as well according to your criteria.

Still I'm sure you'll quite happy with your input if your mate "Gaz" gets the gig. Give me strength.

That's the whole point glen, with all due respect, the club should be ignoring supporters when it comes to the appointment of a manager. They should talk to people in the game who know what they are talking about and then appoint someone who THEY believe, having taken soundings from sources within the game, will be the right fit for the club. To try to appease supporters is just madness and a recipe for disaster.

Archived