BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Has he made a dam good job if it though??

Based on the players he's had and the budget he's had what sort of job has he done?

I honestly don't know much about Chorley but has he made a huge impression there.

Yeah, two clubs in a real struggle and turned them both into decent teams on the pitch. In Chorley's case he's really invigorated an ailing club. I personally think he needs a decent League two job and Accrington could be a good shout but just to write him off because he's started in non-league is just daft.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm. Harry Redknapp ex manager of Spurs, Portsmouth, Southampton and West Ham, a wealth of experience, would unite the fans and players, a whisker away from being appointed England Manager - or Garry Flitcroft, ex Rovers player, getting a good managerial grounding at Chorley and before that Leigh RMI.

This could go either way. Just be thankful that we have proper people in place to make sensible decisions.

Honestly, I can't keep up with all this, it's gettng harder and harder to know which manager to lay off on Betfair.

Off course there's no competition but I've more chance of Keaning Tina off Corrie than seeing Arry as Rovers Manager.

Alan Nixon has linked us with Alex McLeish, Owen Coyle and Ian Holloway today in the Daily Mirror.

McLeish is decent but plays long ball football.

So does Coyle.

Would love Redknapp, especially considering some of the other candidates.....there's always negatives.....with Harry, we'd be in the Premier League but still have financial troubles when he left.......rather that than hire Flitcroft and have financial troubles in the Championship.

If Harry comes, it could mean that Black stays. I know that Harry isn't the man who train the players, he's more just watching them, organizing them and motivating them......I think he as manager and Sherwood as assistant manager would had been superb! But its more likely Redknapp with Black if it would happen. Did anyone more than Redknapp left Spurs? then maybe he would bring some backroom staff, or maybe its Redknapp with Flitcroft or McKinlay as his assistant, meaning we would let Hendry, Black and Brunskill leave.

Just as an aside, when John Williams appointed Ince he said something to the effect that he had listened to the fans opinions when appointing him. (Yes, i know it didn't work out well before anyone mentions it!) Anybody who thinks the fans opinions don't matter is wrong as JW knew only too well. If people think it should be solely left up to the likes of Shebby Singh and Venky's then they deserve another Kean, because another Kean is what we'll get. I'd trust the majority of fans to pick a better manager than the arrogant idiots who own/run the club.

As an aside - the manager he turned down to get Ince - and who the fans objected to was Sam Allardyce. Just goes to show why fans shouldn't be involved in the selection process. No way would McKinlay have been my choice - but then again I don't know how good a coach or potential manager he is.

Off course there's no competition but I've more chance of Keaning Tina off Corrie than seeing Arry as Rovers Manager.

I absolutely agree. Good luck though!

Any thoughts on the betting thing though?

Meanwhile, just to go completely off kilter and totally unrelated to anything to do with BRFC - http://www.arabtimes...69/Default.aspx

Sorry, yeah the manager....

I can do a Glen Mullen on this one, I've asked Harry the question and I'll let you know if he's interested or not. Previously when I spoke to him he wasn't interested in moving to a club up north. That may have changed though as it was a while ago.

As an aside - the manager he turned down to get Ince - and who the fans objected to was Sam Allardyce. Just goes to show why fans shouldn't be involved in the selection process. No way would McKinlay have been my choice - but then again I don't know how good a coach or potential manager he is.

If that's the case (and it probably wasn't), Williams must have been just as impressionable than Shebby, if he lets a minority on Facebook sway his better judgement.

He wanted to repeat the formula with Mark Hughes and hire another young British manager. That's why one of the first things he did was inquire about Shearer (John Williams' mind was invaded by aliens at this point).

If that story is right you would be insane not to get Harry.

Flitcroft would be just as bad as Kean,Guy has no experience.Surely you will learn from your mistakes.

Venky's learn from mistakes? Don't think so. Hire a inexperienced manager and hope and pray that he's the real deal.

If Redknapp has let Shebby know that he's interested, then basically Shebby has had a phonecall telling him that he can guarantee promotion and become a hero. Not that I believe Redknapp is interested.

If he is, Glen, I think you can safely make it clear that "a majority of fans" will worship the ground Shebby walks on if he delivers Redknapp.

If Redknapp has let Shebby know that he's interested, then basically Shebby has had a phonecall telling him that he can guarantee promotion and become a hero. Not that I believe Redknapp is interested.

If he is, Glen, I think you can safely make it clear that "a majority of fans" will worship the ground Shebby walks on if he delivers Redknapp.

I am missing something here, I dont fancy going through all the bickering on the previous pages but if anyone has a link I can read about Redknapp I would be grateful if they could re post it?

If Harry comes, it could mean that Black stays. I know that Harry isn't the man who train the players, he's more just watching them, organizing them and motivating them......I think he as manager and Sherwood as assistant manager would had been superb! But its more likely Redknapp with Black if it would happen. Did anyone more than Redknapp left Spurs? then maybe he would bring some backroom staff, or maybe its Redknapp with Flitcroft or McKinlay as his assistant, meaning we would let Hendry, Black and Brunskill leave.

Thats an interesting thought, that could be the way to get Sherwood and maybe Redknaps the man to train Sherwood into the next Mourinho because no one else at the club could. As for 'Arry I seriously doubt that he would move North from his cosy spot in the South as I seem to remember him turning down Newcastle along those lines (could be wrong though). What I do remember is that he backed Kean saying he was doing a good job under difficult circumstances but maybe (hopefully) he was just doing the "stick by other mangers" thing .

Redknapp would be great for the team and disastrous for the club. We'd probably get promoted then go bust. Look what state he left Portsmouth and Southampton in.

Personally don't know why BRAG is getting so much stick for its interventions - in normal circumstances I would agree a fans group shouldn't have influence over managerial selctions. However, if true that they did stop McKinley joining then good. Rovers didn't have to listen to them and it says more about the state of Rovers than BRAG.

BRAG or any fans group would probably choose a better manager than Shebby or the Rao family in any case....

Archived