BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to ask, who prefers Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over Harry Rednapp? Apparently his name is still on the shortlist. I would be pleased with Rednapp but something about Solskjaer just makes me prefer him.

I'd prefer Solskjaer. He certainly seems a bit special. He'd planned to be a manager ever since he was a player at Man Utd. He took notes during training and games. Ferguson said he preferred using him as a super sub because he'd sit on the bench analysing opposition weaknesses - it's no coincidence he was so good from the bench. He seems universally liked and respected wherever he goes. He won his clubs first ever title at his first attempt (a jump in league places from 11th to 1st).

It's possible he could be a failure...but come on, he's as prepared as anyone could be to take the step from player to manager. Not many analysed their playing days in preparation like he did.

Jordan Hayes@tangerine_jord

Holloway spotted in Blackburn by my mate (pool fan) with suit hung up in back of range rover. Today is interview day for rovers #worrying

Just like Singh was spotted going into Bloomfield Road at 10 am yesterday on their message boards .

I prefer Harry Redknapp because, considering how the club is right now, his experience in football is more than welcome, not only for the team but also for the team structure. He could be very important in the reorganization of the club.

If the club manages to have a good and stable organization, Solskjaer would be a good bet.

AVB, for example, grew a lot in FC Porto because they have a very stable and professional organization. Even average managers can be champions there...

Is the Daily Mail story a plant to pacify the fans?

I think when an organisation has to make a big strategic decision, there comes a time when the probability of making a good decision recedes rapidly if the decision-making group cannot reach a consensus on strategy and execution. I think we've gone past that point some time ago now and whomever we are left with, it will be a bodge job.

4 short-lists, 2 key decision-makers diametrically opposed, the owners off-site and ill-educated. It's like "garbage in, garbage out", you can't have those inputs and expect to get the desired output. Now we apparently have a new short-list, interviews to take place but no new man in before Saturday. Which means that the last 4 weeks or so have been a complete waste of time.

I'm not holding my breath. Two days ago we were after Billy Mckinlay. It's make it up as you go along time. You can't run a football club like this.

I make the prediction that the new boss will be no better than Kean, promotion will be missed by some distance, next season will be worse and the club will be put up for sale as it hovers above the relegation places.

Jordan Hayes@tangerine_jord

Holloway spotted in Blackburn by my mate (pool fan) with suit hung up in back of range rover. Today is interview day for rovers #worrying

Why do people not think to take photos with their mobile phones? Practically everyone has a phone with a camera on these days, maybe then these stories would be more credible.

Is the Daily Mail story a plant to pacify the fans?

I think when an organisation has to make a big strategic decision, there comes a time when the probability of making a good decision recedes rapidly if the decision-making group cannot reach a consensus on strategy and execution. I think we've gone past that point some time ago now and whomever we are left with, it will be a bodge job.

4 short-lists, 2 key decision-makers diametrically opposed, the owners off-site and ill-educated. It's like "garbage in, garbage out", you can't have those inputs and expect to get the desired output. Now we apparently have a new short-list, interviews to take place but no new man in before Saturday. Which means that the last 4 weeks or so have been a complete waste of time.

I'm not holding my breath. Two days ago we were after Billy Mckinlay. It's make it up as you go along time. You can't run a football club like this.

I make the prediction that the new boss will be no better than Kean, promotion will be missed by some distance, next season will be worse and the club will be put up for sale as it hovers above the relegation places.

Lets all take the positives from that then

Why are people so much keener on Sherwood than McKinlay though?

Speaking for myself, its a character issue. As a supporter, I think we should more or less stay out of it. As a supporter, when I read of the club potentially appointing Kean Mk II, I pull my hair out.

In my mind, MnKinlay is probably Kean Mk II. Sherwood, on the other hand, might be the real deal. One (Sherwood) I would keep my peace but worry and the other (McKinlay) I would probably be 2-3 games from savaging as there would be precious little trust.

Doesn't meet the criteria. Young British Mourinho is whats wanted, not one of these 'old heads.' Also, he suffered relegation with Southampton in 2005 so he is damaged goods as far as Shebby is concerned.

Garry Flitcroft has never been relegated and beat Kirkham and Wesham.

Please be careful. I don't think the Raos or Venkys do sarcasm.

If Harry comes, it could mean that Black stays. I know that Harry isn't the man who train the players, he's more just watching them, organizing them and motivating them......I think he as manager and Sherwood as assistant manager would had been superb! But its more likely Redknapp with Black if it would happen. Did anyone more than Redknapp left Spurs? then maybe he would bring some backroom staff, or maybe its Redknapp with Flitcroft or McKinlay as his assistant, meaning we would let Hendry, Black and Brunskill leave.

Unless short term with Sherwood as number 2 to learn the ropes ;)

I really hope a Redknapp-Sherwood team is in the cards. It would be superb. But considering our owners and past history I don't think its likely.

Just wanted to ask, who prefers Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over Harry Rednapp? Apparently his name is still on the shortlist. I would be pleased with Rednapp but something about Solskjaer just makes me prefer him.

I'd prefer OGS.

On the other hand, I coach kids soccer in a recreational league and have never personally played a competitive game in my life. So take my opinion with a very large grain of salt.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here but I've just received a text from a 'prominent' Rovers fan (he wears a blue and white flat cap and goes home and away).

He claims that a 'good source' has told him that Rednap wants the job but is concerned about the fan reaction.

He asked for the word to be spread, so I am doing so.

May be rubbish, might not be. Who knows!

Harry would be a dream come true. A few weeks ago we had Coco - if by this time next week 'Arry, Holloway or any other proper manager is in charge it will be the dawn of a new era and we can move forward again as a club and fanbase...Get it sorted Shebby lad!

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here but I've just received a text from a 'prominent' Rovers fan (he wears a blue and white flat cap and goes home and away).

He claims that a 'good source' has told him that Rednap wants the job but is concerned about the fan reaction.

He asked for the word to be spread, so I am doing so.

May be rubbish, might not be. Who knows!

I say we hire that plane again and make it known he's very welcome.

Wasn't the reason Redknapp left Spurs because Levy wasn't willing to give him a bigger contract? Where are we getting the cash from? The QPR and Saints jobs will be up for grabs very soon. Arry's agent is just getting his name out there. Wake up, we are being taken for a ride yet again.

Archived