BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

You might want to check back, after your tweeted asking for opinions on Flitcroft/Short etc. which was well before our podcast people were putting 2+2 together and coming out with 5 and saying that you were pushing for Flitty, none of this was said on the podcast. Also I did not mention you nor BRAG on the Podcast.

As for telling Shebby that he shouldn't listen to fans, to right I told him that and I stand by that 100%. I told him that fans should never be involved in the process of hiring a new manager, that is a decision that the club should take. He could make an informed decision by talking to respected people within the game, I told him he should talk to likes of Sir Alex, Kenny Dalglish. If then he decides not to talk to them but instead consult the likes of Gerry Armstrong then he really is stupid and deserves to be criticised.

100% spot on. Cannot believe that BRAG are not getting the don't talk to fans point and then using you would have got McKinlay/Sherwood argument.

The Flitcroft/BRAG connection purely came from BRAG going to Chorley games (still don't understand that choice), BRAG stating they had Flitcroft's number and then BRAG asking for opinions on Flitcroft for Chorley manager.

It might be 100% innocent, however it's clear how the link can be made.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, but I don't see Redknapp + Venkys as a recipe for financial stability myself. He wouldn't come if he couldn't spend. Don't get me wrong - under a sensible set of owners I'd take Redknapp in a heart beat.

maybe Venkys London needs a tax advisor...............

What's all this about !!!

Karl Oyston@SuperKarlOyston

The club policy of "I would drive the manager there myself" has now been amended to "The manager must make his own way to job interviews"

Think you need to read between the lines !!!

• Backroom

Why are people getting excited over something that is complete pie in the sky ?

Redknapp won't go to any club that doesn't have money to spend and he won't move north.

is that difficult to understand ?

Because Rhodes was pie in the sky and look what happened......

Hardly the same is it ? Rovers made numerous offers for Rhodes before landing him - our interest was genuine and well known.

The Redknapp story is pure speculation and is unlikely to happen for all sorts of practical reasons.

Hard to blame him given the utter crap he's received from the usual prats.

+100 Absolutely right!

Whatever anyone thinks of Glen and his group, nobody can deny the sheer hard work and effort that this man has put in over the last two seasons on behalf of ALL Rovers fans, and he most certainly does NOT deserve any sort of abuse (idle or otherwise). I personally have never taken part in any of his activities (marches or meetings) but I most certainly do admire the man for his efforts and persistance. Well done Glen!!

Michael Owen used to get to Newcastle by helicopter everyday, surely if Harry was interested then this would be the arrangement. If venkys would stump up the cash for it that is.

Probably similar price to a full time body guard and driver

This Redknapp story sounds a bit suspect me.

From an outside with no contacts in the club this is my take on the whole situation.

Venkys ask Singh to lead the chase for a new manger with Shaws help. Singh and Shaw could not agree on candidates Singh tries to get Sherwood without success, he then tries to get McKinlay but gets knocked backed by Fulham. Venky's then look at Shaws list who wants an experienced man such as Holloway, which IMO seems a better option. Singh is disappointed that Shaw might get a chance to secure his man (which Singh was unable to do) so goes to Venkys saying wait.... wait.... I can get Redknapp.

I would love Redknapp to be Rovers boss, IF he's applied or shown an interest why as Singh been messing about with other candidates with no managerial experience.

Never really been a fan of Redknapp, I think he gets far too much hype even though he has achieved relatively little in the game. But would I take him? Absolutely, he is far superior to the vast majority of names mentioned so far. Like others have said a few pages back I would be very surprised if he is genuinely interested in the job.

Never really been a fan of Redknapp, I think he gets far too much hype even though he has achieved relatively little in the game.

You mean like winning the FA cup with a lowly Premier League team and guiding Spurs into the Champions League for the first time in their history?

I'm not a big fan of his personality I'll admit, but you can't claim that he has 'achieved' very little in the game.

Archived