BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is getting it. All of the press room know about it (except the one local journo who is actually covering the club). He's also told all of the Chorley players he's got it despite the fact that it's not been officially announced. Of course none of this news leaked from the Chorley players all day until Ian Dowie blurted out a rumour on SSN - probably because there was bugger all to talk about on the pitch.

you seemed so sure as well :rover:

Seen Blacks interview, every time I've seen/heard from him he talks a lot of sense, not used to it, by no means am I touting him, just refreshing to hear our manager (albeit an interim one) know what he's bloody on about...!!!

Black's a very good speaker, he knows what he's talking about and he seems like a decent bloke. If only we had a job going in PR. Sadly, i'm hugely unconvinced of his managerial ability but I like the bloke, generally.

Blacks been on about the 'inviting of pressure' for about 5 games now, but with each passing game we retreat further an further back when in front.

Yes he talks a good game but he is doing nothing on the pitch to remedy it.

Completely agree, at least he didn't say "The owners can see what we're trying to do here" and other such nonsense

So why bother printing it.

It's his daily ploy to get you to buy the LT

Why haven't other clubs gone in for Flitcroft if he's potentially so promising?

Because he isn't an ex-player so they won't get the whole place buzzing for an initial two weeks.

I can't be arsed reading the mass hysteria on here. Are people not making assumptions cos he was at ewood, like he often is? I would take black till ogs is available now....his interview in the LET was excellent

So basically you're happy with Black because he gives a good presser?

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

What were the flitcroft rumours about??? No truth in them. Although a new name in lt tmrw - as long as it made deadline

see, the meltdown was pointless. so lets just calm down and chill for abit

Cryer's been wrong before.

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

Btw the name mentioned tmrw is one who wants the job. No idea if he is wanted but, if he isn't, he should be.

Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster.

Damn, I was just getting excited about Flitty stepping into the hot seat. Thought Black came across we'll on his post game Sky interview.

What did he say?

Blacks been on about the 'inviting of pressure' for about 5 games now, but with each passing game we retreat further an further back when in front.

Did'nt he say it was anxiety in the players causing this to happen? This squad is ripe for a confident, strong leader to come in and give this team some confidence.......Come in Mr Holloway your number is called.

I know he is defensively challenged but we have some quality attacking options and I would love to see what he could get out of them.

• Backroom

As I've said many times, Black knows what the problem is, but has no idea how to solve it. Real managers don't just talk about problems, they fix them. Black's shown no sign he can fix our major issues, though I will concede at the very least he has shored up our defence (mainly by reducing the amount we attack).

Have no idea whether Flitcroft is a serious contender or not. It would be a huge gamble in terms of experience but in some ways it would fit. He loves the game, has created a real "all in it together" atmosphere at Chorley (David Cameron can't do that), loves the game, loves Rovers, stuck with us through thick and thin, was a popular player and could certainly sort out that mid-field, get the team fit and blast the skivers.

Wow-------I've almost talked myself into it.

Sky Bet, a 24 hour market, have had no market for Rovers' new manager for about 3 hours.

Flitcroft is more than just rumour in my view.

Cryer came to the party late on both Rhodes and Mckinlay. Hope this isn't his hat-trick !

Sky Bet, a 24 hour market, have had no market for Rovers' new manager for about 3 hours.

Cryer came to the party late on both Rhodes and Mckinlay. Hope this isn't his hat-trick !

odds checker usually leaves it blank odds but it has gone compltetly

Because he isn't an ex-player so they won't get the whole place buzzing for an initial two weeks.

So basically you're happy with Black because he gives a good presser?

Cryer's been wrong before.

Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster Schuster.

What did he say?

I'm saying I would leave him in charge till OGS is available no problem, no longer than that. But I would argue he should still be offered a role at the club after that. He is clearly not stuck up a venky backside.

The odds were tumbling on Flitcroft, a few suspended, sky bet came back with 3-1 going to 7/4 then it suspended again. I think it was purely off the Dowie mention on sky.

Archived