BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I think it absolutely reeks if true but I will support whoever gets the job in honesty

Your loyalty is admirable but doubt if thousands of others, and I am one of them, will.

Would be a total joke / farce.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Flitcroft regularly goes to Rovers with his two lads if Chorley aren't playing? Can someone substantiate this and ease my worried mind?

He's there quite often, he loves the club and he has applied for the job. That's prob all there is to it.

• Backroom

Surely the players would wonder what F is going on if Flitcroft is appointed plus his potential/expected back room staff is inexperienced too.

After the way the club has been run over the last two years do you really think they'd be surprised? They'd probably be more shocked if a proper manager was hired.

Sheesh!

My mate says this, my friend has a contact who says that...

The bottom line is there's too many wind-up merchants out there who think it's fun to see people's heads spinning by spreading non-sensical tripe.

Don't fall for it.

As at 6pmish there was no manager appointment imminent from what I was told but this Shebby/Venky's so anything is possible.

If fans were angry about McKinlay, Flitcroft would send people into "meltdown". Would be a complete and utter joke of an appointment but at the moment I would urge caution as it could just be a rumour.

I can't see him getting the job, it's more likely he is just checking out a local game.

He is getting it. All of the press room know about it (except the one local journo who is actually covering the club). He's also told all of the Chorley players he's got it despite the fact that it's not been officially announced. Of course none of this news leaked from the Chorley players all day until Ian Dowie blurted out a rumour on SSN - probably because there was bugger all to talk about on the pitch.

After the way the club has been run over the last two years do you really think they'd be surprised? They'd probably be more shocked if a proper manager was hired.

It would be a very strange appointment - why would Shebby pick them?

If Flitcroft does get given the job and happens to be a success I take it all those who are currently disgusted by the news will still stay away from the club. Also, I still can't get it round my head how some people on here have suggested that the likes of Salgado and Neville could be good appointments despite them having no managerial experience at all.

I can't say I would be particularly happy if Flitcroft did get the job but he would still give him the chance to prove himself first. Afterall, everyone has to start somewhere.

I hope Flitty is the man. He's bright, doesn't suffer fools, is committed and loves Blackburn Rovers. I reckon he can do the job. It will make a change from all the "names" we keep hearing about. Hopefully the doom mongers will give him the support he needs if he gets the job and the "I'm never going again if x y or z get the job brigade" need to do the same if they are to call themselves true fans.

Archived