BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Don't slate Glen quite yet. Pretty sure when he suggested Flitty a few weeks he was just seeing what the reaction would be. Don't think there's anything in it.

However if we do appoint Flitcroft the question of BRAGs statement has to be looked at again, did that sway Shebby away from Sherwood and McKinlay towards Flitcroft. Who knows, I certainly don't.

If Shebby makes a cock up of this he will be the next target.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'll take Flitcroft over McKinley or Sherwood. Local lad, loves Blackburn Rovers and although may not be top level he does have managerial experience. I doubt he'll take much s*** either!

if flitcroft is appointed, singh should be targeted straight away, theres no common sense in this appointment at all, just seems like a big up-yours from singh, 'you wouldnt let me have mckinley, so i will appoint someone worse' i hope he suffers tragedy in spades

Singh is determined to hire a young British coach and rejected the opportunity to interview German great and former Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster. There is surprisingly high interest in taking charge of one of England’s most dysfunctional clubs.

Yet Singh desires someone without relegation on his CV. Both he and Shaw are understood to disagree on a lot and the process has stalled. Another man mooted as a candidate, Garry Flitcroft, the former Rovers captain and current manager of Chorley in the Evo Stik Premier League, is a regular Blackburn spectator, but he was in the executive box last night to witness an unusually pulsating start by the hosts, led by Flitcroft’s former team-mate David Dunn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/9632038/Blackburn-Rovers-1-Sheffield-Wednesday-0-match-report.html

Interesting that Cryer has not knocked this rumour on the head.

All betting suspended.

Unfortunately, looks like a done deal.

Hopefully not a done deal, but a penny dropped for me just now. Shebby seems like the kind of petty guy to leak it to anyone except Cryer, in order to discredit him, after Cryer's criticism of the club's actions.

Ooooh, I came over a bit conspiracist there. Can see the attraction.

What did Dowie say?

Dowie apparently said on Sky Sports of a rumour going round the press box that Garry Flitcroft was going to be appointed manager. Around the same time the betting on Flitcroft was shortening rapidly until they just suspended all the betting markets.

Shocking if true. Rovers fans lied to once again. How can Flitty outdo the likes of Holloway/Keane and McCarthy ?

Its such a sad time being a Rovers fan. KEAN on the pitch and KEAN off it.

Maybe Holloway Keane and McCarthy dont want the Rovers job

I'll take Flitcroft over McKinley or Sherwood. Local lad, loves Blackburn Rovers and although may not be top level he does have managerial experience. I doubt he'll take much s*** either!

When you are given the opportunity to manage the team you support, a team that has won the premier league, a promotion of absurd standards......you better believe he will take sh!t and as much as they can throw at him. You do as your told or sir goes back to the depths of non league.

Don't quite understand the (extreme) negative reaction to Flitcroft. He played for over a decade in the Premier League so understands the game at this level. 'Managing' is as much about having the people skills, nous and confidence to make a decision as anything else. It doesn't really matter what level it is at, the same management skills are important, and Flitcroft has displayed them in his short career so far.

Granted, he wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't see why he couldn't be a success.

Archived