BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt venkys say they wanted a manager that had never been relegated?? (doesnt mean much coming from them) that should rule out southgate.

totally off topic but how do you block people?

Shebby has had a rethink so who knows what he is thinking now regarding the manager.

Click your name at the top of the page and click manage ignore preferences.

Billy Davies has achieved 4 championship play off finishes with three different clubs and one promotion with Derby so he has a decent championship record.

McClaren has only managed Forest for a month in the championship.

Solksjaer's two years with Molde challenging at the top of the table and in European competition is a good managerial starting point. Mark Hughes's experience of managing Wales against teams like Italy also put him in good stead for us so I see a comparison between the two.

He does know English football and its culture from his playing and coaching days at Manchester United.

Billy was hot property but his stock hasn't half fallen recently. To be honest, OLS could very well be one hell of a manager, and bizarrely enough if we were in the PL he's be one of my top choices.

I just think if we wait until November for him, we won't get promoted. I don't think he's going to be good enough to turn it around from there, and potentially not even from here by the time he's adapted. For this reason alone, I don't want him.

didnt venkys say they wanted a manager that had never been relegated?? (doesnt mean much coming from them) that should rule out southgate.

totally off topic but how do you block people?

When did they allegedly say this?

If that's the case, that rules out Holloway, McCarthy & (majority of experienced managers)... kean the bed.

According to the Sky Sports site, Ipswich have contacted Freedman about the managers position there. Maybe we have also made a move for them and this is what Cryer was on about in his tweet earlier.

When did they allegedly say this?

If that's the case, that rules out Holloway, McCarthy & (majority of experienced managers)... kean the bed.

He said it to the Action group that he wanted a British Mourinho with no blemishes on his record such as relegation. He has subsequently campaigned against 'wise old heads' and approached Billy McKinlay. I am sceptical of the quality of Shebby Singh's input in the managerial process so far.

Billy was hot property but his stock hasn't half fallen recently. To be honest, OLS could very well be one hell of a manager, and bizarrely enough if we were in the PL he's be one of my top choices.

I just think if we wait until November for him, we won't get promoted. I don't think he's going to be good enough to turn it around from there, and potentially not even from here by the time he's adapted. For this reason alone, I don't want him.

Good point. It is going to be a tough ask to get automatic promotion now anyway so perhaps if OGS is the best candidate we should accept the wait and hope we have a full quantity of coaches not distracted by certain off the field matters(legal disclaimer) until he arrives.

Batman wrote: I appreciate what you're saying about Solksjaer, but, I would not be happy waiting until November for a managerial novice. It may very well be too late by then.

Batman if you call managing to win the Norwegian league a managerial novice by your reckoning then we should appoint Keane/Southgate/Reed in my eyes the fact he has won something suggests to me he would do alright agree the waiting period is too long but there is no way OGS can be classed as a managerial novice!.

They haven't imo. We haven't played well as a team but numerous individuals such as Ribeiro, Markus Olssen, Etuhu, Nunes, Rochina, Rhodes, Gomes and even Dann have shown plenty in flashes this season to suggest there is more than enough raw material for a decent manager to work with.

There's only Murphy I would say who's played badly every game and I still think there's a lot more to come from him as well under a decent manager.

An important thing worth repeating is we have all witnessed a lot of our players play well before coming here....and most of the rest apparently played well at previous clubs......obviously sometimes it just doesn't work out but with that point, and the fact that Kean and Black have been terrible for us, I think the jury should still be out..... but you would think a decent manager would get the players playing well again.....in a league which on the whole is pretty poor.

and........ what relevance does that have to us? We don't play in the Norwegian league and who cares what Ferguson thinks? He advised rovers fans to lay off Kean.

No offence but I'd rather trust Alex Ferguson's hunch than yours.

What do Rovers actually mean when they say the manager search has 'moved forward'?

I'm praying it means they've agreed compensation for someone that's already at a club. Could it be Holloway?

If it means they've only just phoned up a couple of candidates in invite them in for an interview, we're even more fooked that I originally feared.

I believe it's cutting the number of shortlists down to 3.

Blimey, Gareth Southgate. Now there's a manager who I really didn't rate.

Me neither, with Boro in the Prem and then he was rightly sacked in the C'ship wasn't he?.....hopefully he's not being considered....I'd rather we went with inexperience like Sherwood than known failures like Southgate or Keane.

Positive tweet from Cryer. Looks like a 'proper' manager has been approached. I wouldn't be surprised if the name leaked out before the kick off tonight; they may want a bit of positivity in order to draw a bigger crowd in tonight.

How's his mystery candidate that was ahead of Holloway but apparently neither Shearer nor McKinlay coming along.?

Pretty sure Cryer confirmed his mystery candidate was McKinlay after it was announced we had made an approach for him. Could be mistaken though.

On the OGS subject would happily have him as the manager (although I admit waiting until the Norwegian season ends is a gamble). Although he hasn't managed a first team side in England he did play here at the top level for years so is hardly a stranger to English football.

Also this is a man who took Molde to league champions in his first season and looks like replicating this feat again in his second year. To put this into context Molde had never won the league before in their history which is an incredible achievement (the fact it's the Norwegian League is irrelevant to the achievement). Also has a decent backroom team taken from Manure I believe.

How's his mystery candidate that was ahead of Holloway but apparently neither Shearer nor McKinlay coming along.?

Apparently Shebby Singh changed his mind and decided to accept Bernrd Schuster's appilcation. He hopes Schuster will be in before Saturday at the very least.

Okay, maybe this didn't really happen. But it should have, damn it......

Maj, regardless of what you think or I think, any managerial appointment is a hunch. With all due respect, knowledge of OGS doesn't mean you know how good he'd be at Rovers. He could be awesome as easily as he could be dogshit.

That being said, may I ask your opinion on the board fave and my fave (Holloway)? And in relative terms who would you rather have, Holloway or OGS? Personally, I'd rather have Holloway.

What people call a hunch I believe can be made more pragmatic. All successful people display psychological attributes that are similiar regardless of where their success has been achieved. Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, etc etc will all have personality traits in common, we need someone with those traits and people who can find and identify said traits in the applicants/approachies. JW took this sort of approach he just didn't get it right IE Hughes then Wince. Everything can be made less risky with the right approach and method in place.

I would choose OGS over Holloway and my knowledge of Holloway far exceeds mine of OGS. However I would support either if appointed.

Can I briefly interrupt this side-splitting thread to bring you some hilarious news that I've only just been made aware of?

Vinjay is a City fan: https://mobile.twitt...VinjayMC/tweets

Apologies if you already knew, but that has thoroughly brightened my day and thought it might bring a smile to some troubled faces.

It is old news mate, he's now to be found winding folk up on bluemoon forums.

I felt it my duty to sign up and warn them about him a while back.

It is old news mate, he's now to be found winding folk up on bluemoon forums.

I felt it my duty to sign up and warn them about him a while back.

Gah, I thought gold like this wouldn't go unnoticed. At least I have hours of fun ahead of me trawling through his fantastic insights.

So I state that McClaren wasn't successful at Championship level, and you post about his mediocre PL finishes with big spending Boro?

McClaren's one Championship job was last season, and he was sacked very quickly.

"Must do better."

You're quickly becoming the site 'crank' rivalling bradock for the illustrious accolade. Try showing a bit of respect to fellow posters and there views, otherwise don't bother as your keyboard warrior stance is boring to say the least.

Apparently Shebby Singh changed his mind and decided to accept Bernrd Schuster's appilcation. He hopes Schuster will be in before Saturday at the very least.

Okay, maybe this didn't really happen. But it should have, damn it......

crap ...for a second i was smiling that finally some sanity has returned to BRFC .....Don't make jokes like that ...makes me wanna just punch my screen in fustration :unsure:

Archived