BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I couldn't give two sh!ts that His Superior Royal Highness' opinion is. That guy will talk and talk until he sounds convincing.

Does OGS know anything about management in the English game? Does he know anything about management in any Europe's major countries? Does he know how to get a team out of the most competitive league in England?

No.

He has forgotten more about the game than you will ever know, I have badges and he came to one or two of the games of the team I managed (semi pro level) he is well clue up and understands far more than many, thats why he's working at a league club now!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol okay my bad! Glenn who runs the site or a random on Twitter, what's the difference ;)

Still though for that to be true we'd have to either have had permission to speak to him or have spoken to him illegally. I guess Blackpool could have given us permission but didn't want to make it public and upset their own fans if it doesn't go through.

Holloway still seems a little too good to be true though after some of the names strongly linked.

The betting odds don't always tell the whole story but they don't usually miss much, Holloway is still 4/1 or 5/1 on most sites with McKinlay as low as 1/5 still.

Sherwood was 1/5 too earlier in the week - doesn't mean much...

He has forgotten more about the game than you will ever know, I have badges and he came to one or two of the games of the team I managed (semi pro level) he is well clue up and understands far more than many, thats why he's working at a league club now!!

People are on here and various other places every single day slagging off Kean, Ince, pundits, managers, players etc. All of these have more than likely "forgotten more" than any of us "will ever know" about football. Does it mean that we agree with them/ respect their opinion? No.

Majiball could be working for Barcelona for all I care, I often think he's full of crap when it comes to his opinions on football. I'm sure he'll sleep fine knowing as much.

Majiball could be working for Barcelona for all I care, I often think he's full of crap when it comes to his opinions on football. I'm sure he'll sleep fine knowing as much.

You are doing your credibility not an ounce of good. Majiball has a solid head on his shoulders and your outbursts demonstrate a lack of judgment.

Back on topic, I think/hope we're getting Holloway.

You are doing your credibility not an ounce of good. Majiball has a solid head on his shoulders and your outbursts demonstrate a lack of judgment.

And I'm not allowed to disagree? So, because Majiball says that OGS is the man I have to go along with it? This place really has gone (further) done the pan in the time I spent away.

And I'm not allowed to disagree? So, because Majiball says that OGS is the man I have to go along with it? This place really has gone (further) done the pan in the time I spent away.

You are perfectly free to disagree; reasonable men frequently do. The manner of your disagreement, however, reflects poorly on you.

Does anyone know the source of the rumor that Holloway would be given 10 million in January?

I mean by looking at his personality, not how he's managing in Norway - I know nothing about that.

He's always come across as a shy, softly spoken lad. I've never seen anything in his persona that suggests that he's tough enough, or single minded enough. Sometimes you see a mean streak in people, someone who makes you sit up and listen - just as Souey still does, but I just haven't seen anything like that in his personality. That's all.

Which is precisely why I say he won't come. Wealthy young man, young family, good job at home. Why would he need the stress of English football and the added bonus of Shebby and the Raos? He'd be nuts to swap what he has for Ewood - and there is our major problem.

If I was OGS I'd stay home.

Didnt sunbed say something snidey about Todds father infront of the Bolton team at training? Todd was meant to have followed him into the changing rooms and beaten him up. I remember being near the players tunnel when he was sent off for the Duggary kick, he was very upset and the look in his eyes was scarey. You wouldnt want to cross him.

That is much closer to what I heard.

It's nice to know we're still looking for a new manager if the club hadn't confirmed it I'd just have assumed we'd given up.

How many times under the Venky's have either themselves, the manager, the 'global advisor', some random backroom guy etc asked for more 'patience'?

It's turning into a club catchphrase.

Oh well, I guess I just have to 'See what they are trying to do here'.

HAHA!

I really cannot be bothered to trawl through my posts but I said when the last PR went up on Rovers.co.uk concerning our managerial hunt that the next one would say more or less the same thing and that "progress was being made".

You couldn't make it up.

First thing that popped into my mind whil reading this, is that this short message is the first time since 18 months we've got something that looks like 'communication'. All the other 'happenings' during the period came completely out of the blue. I think this is a very positive thing, tbqh...

Maj, I'm not asking for a screamer, nor am I writing OGS off. If he comes, I'll be happy to go along with that for a while. We all have "hunches" as to who will make a manager and who wont - and that's all it is, a hunch.

Fair enough. I've met OGS three times now and everytime I've been impressed, twice at sports science conferences as well, something you don't often see. He's articulate and speaks with knowledge but also appriecates others view points and doesn't think he knows it all far from it. The part that most impresses me is that he will speak to experts in the fields where he lacks knowledge when he needs too, most in football think they know it all and just act without knowledge.

Maji....can I be your stalker again?

If you desire, but watch out for my missus she has a wicked right hook.

I take your point but United only offer one year contracts to players over a certain age. There's no guarantee for Scholes and Giggs this won't be their last season there.

Just say for example at some point this season Moyes is finally lured away to a Club with more financial clout than Everton. If Everton fancied Giggs or Scholes as player manager and either fancied a crack at management they'd be crazy to turn it down. Everton might be prepared to give them a short term contract beyond this season as a player as well whereas United might not.

I guess a lot will depend on how United are doing, if they're still in wth a shout of the european cup and so on. Scholes retired not that long ago and he didn't leave United then, instead he was coaching there and learning his trade in that respect. Something too many fail to do and just assume they'll be great as they played.

I couldn't give two sh!ts that His Superior Royal Highness' opinion is. That guy will talk and talk until he sounds convincing.

Does OGS know anything about management in the English game? Does he know anything about management in any Europe's major countries? Does he know how to get a team out of the most competitive league in England?

No.

I remember having a good laugh with you with silly backwards writing and the such and don't really remember putting you down or offending you. I even remember asking for you to be allowed back when banned as I thought you were a good lad. And yet because of the way I post, aburtly and my choosen career you attack me like that (one assumes those are the reason, feel free to enlighten me). I rarely talk and talk on here anymore and have perhaps the odd 5 mins to do so, so I type with fury. But that's still no excuse for that response.

Does OGS know anything about managing in England yes he does, unless United reserves play in france? Obviously Ferguson was grooming him as well. Does he know anything about managing in europes major countries? Does that matter we don't play there? You can say what you want about OGS at least I've met the man and so formed an opinion from that, you judge without knowledge, without intent and purely as you seem to have taken a dislike to me and the way I post. I had a chat a while back with a parent of a kid while watching the kids train he was telling me how things should be different how they should be done and so on. I asked him what he did for a living? He told me he was a banker. I said I go into the bank everyday, you should do this, change that, work this way blah blah blah. He replied what on earth do you know about banking.

My reply 'have I made my point'. Do I know everything about football, no far from it, but do I know more about it than the man who stands in the bank for 5 mins a day, yes I'm afraid I do.

Put me on ignore Shilly if you can't abide my posts.

Am convinced my mate Dave will be on the list to be interviewed a he knows nothing about football In fact he's never watched a match in his life. He only knows 2 footballers names Rooney and Gerrard and even them he doesn't know their first names. He has absolutely no interest in football and can only name 7 English teams................so he's got to be a shoe in for the job surely?

Archived