SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too

What??? Completely vindicated for picking Sherwood then Mc KInlay and only coming away from it when there was public outcry.He would be the luckiest man alive, saved by fan reaction-and therein lies a worrying development with in our club.Every time something doesn't please, do we think we should be influencing the outcome? Its like feckin X Factor votes ffs

Agreed, it needs to be signed, sealed and delivered for OGS to take over at the end lf November or we should move on. Obviously 99.99% of the fan base would be happy with OGS but I'd be very cautious about waiting that long unless it was a dead cert.

In the interim though we need somebody other than Black. Souey for a month?

I think it would be totally unfair for OGS to openly commit to Rovers whilst his club are in league contention, indeed, the way to do things would be to secretly get things done and announce nothing until end of their season, any manager is going to take three to four weeks getting a team to play his way, so whatever, I feel this season is gone now, unless we suddenly find real form starting tonight.

A new manager would have the loan market and the Jan transfer window and build from there, we should have been quicker out of the blocks but we weren't so we are where we are at this moment.

One thing we do forget sometimes, if Sherwood for example did come, its a risk for him too from the comfort of a job he is doing well at Spurs to try and save an ailing club with poor owners!!

The bottom line for me is that without BRAG passing on the concerns of its members we would most likely have seen McKinley appointed today.

I accept that a chunk of the membership (albeit a very large chunk) should not have been able to influence the the Club in this way and it would never have happened under JW.

In fact the first we'd have known about it was when the appointment was announced.

However we are a million miles away from those happy days and we have to play by the new rules.

Finally, i don't believe what BRAG do is being judged on its merits, its all about "Glen and co are too big for their boots" and its pathetic.

I agree, I wasn't taking a shot at BRAG but I feel that they need to really scrutinize statements before releasing them. For me McKinley and Sherwood fall into two different categories when it comes to how they'd be received should they be appointed. Glen and co didn't make this clear. So for all their praises and well-doing there are some glaring faults and criticisms that need addressing.

I'm not anti-BRAG, and in fact I support the Action Group, but I do think it's a little over the top to think that they stopped Billy McKinley from being appointed today. Now I don't doubt that it is the Action Group that succeeded in preventing that totally and I am grateful to them for that, BUT to say that if they hadn't stepped in McKinley would be appointed today is a little extreme.

McKinley was one of the three candidates approached, and Fulham's rejection of our approach was published, but he was certainly far from being The new manager. Shebby Singh himself has said he was only approaching them to talk to them and get to know their footballing philosophy, not appoint them - that's why Fulham rejected the approach, Shebby Singh wasn't going to offer them a compensation package. All he wanted was to talk, not appoint McKinley right away.

Of course, most people will probably disbelieve Shebby Singh's words and continue to bash him anyway (and I don't blame them), but just something to think about before celebrating BRAG as heroes and painting Shebby Singh as the villain. And the guy actually listened to us and pulled out of approaching McKinley totally, so all is not lost.

I do hope Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gets the job though.

http://www.lancashir...cision/?ref=twt

Sounds like Rovers are set to wait for OGS to finish his season with Molde then appoint him manager.

Call me a cynic but does anyone else feel that they amount of time they have wasted is getting suspicious?. I could very well see them coming out and saying we want Solskjaer and are willing to wait only for them to pull out at the end of next month at the last minute.

Black's comment in there about him not standing a chance in the running was very honest, could you ever imagine Kean coming out with something like that?. Black is twenty times the man Coco ever was but unfortunately he isn't a football manager either.

Question is are the current owners prepared to bring in an experienced manager and allow him sole charge of which players are bought and sold by the club. This issue looks like one that they are not prepared to meet. .

Call me a cynic but does anyone else feel that they amount of time they have wasted is getting suspicious?. I could very well see them coming out and saying we want Solskjaer and are willing to wait only for them to pull out at the end of next month at the last minute.

Black's comment in there about him not standing a chance in the running was very honest, could you ever imagine Kean coming out with something like that?. Black is twenty times the man Coco ever was but unfortunately he isn't a football manager either.

I do feel sorry for Black in this situation, trying to do a job in difficult circumstances and knowing you will probably be on your bike shortly, its part of the game I know but difficult all the same!

The bottom line for me is that without BRAG passing on the concerns of its members we would most likely have seen McKinley appointed today.

I accept that a chunk of the membership (albeit a very large chunk) should not have been able to influence the the Club in this way and it would never have happened under JW.

In fact the first we'd have known about it was when the appointment was announced.

However we are a million miles away from those happy days and we have to play by the new rules.

Finally, i don't believe what BRAG do is being judged on its merits, its all about "Glen and co are too big for their boots" and its pathetic.

Totally agree,

After the BRAG statement and the hissy fits of some of our "special" members yesterday, I find it unbelievable that fans would be happy to wait until the end of November (when our season may well be over) for an inexperienced manager.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is not an inexperienced manager. He is not a coach with zero experience like Tim Sherwood or Billy McKinley, he actually managed Molde for 2 seasons. I think you've misunderstood what the problem with McKinley is about though.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is not an inexperienced manager. He is not a coach with zero experience like Tim Sherwood or Billy McKinley, he actually managed Molde for 2 seasons. I think you've misunderstood what the problem with McKinley is about though.

I've misunderstood nothing. Please have a read around before suggesting such things. Also, two years of management in any league still leaves you with the tag of "inexperienced," and, in the Norwegian League....

Question is are the current owners prepared to bring in an experienced manager and allow him sole charge of which players are bought and sold by the club. This issue looks like one that they are not prepared to meet. .

That's why they're stalling isn't it, they found the perfect yes-man in Billy McKinlay but the fans saw right through it. This saga could go on for a long time.

How about Terry Pashley - 2 wins out of 2.

How many has Black out of 4 ?

Hmmm.

As close to relegation than we are to promotion.

Wouldn't surprise me , I have been saying for over 12 months the players are not good enough !!

The new manager , has a lot on his plate !

I've been ripped apart on here by BRAG members for starting the poll thread. All I was trying to establish was whether the comments regarding McKinlay and Sherwood were an accurate reflection on this site. There's no way of judging the views of all of our fans but a poll seemed like as good a place to start as any.

I'm not having a go at BRAG at all as I agree with their comment regarding McKinlay. I was just not aware of the same opposition to Sherwood. The other poll doesn't have sufficient numbers to show clearly that fans would be happy with Sherwood but it certainly indicates that there would not be the same negative reaction as the appointment of McKinlay.

If Shebby had wanted Sherwood he should have gone all out for him and got the deal done. He should also not be swayed by any fan groups be it Brag, the fans forum, brfcs, ewoodblues, or anyone. He is in a position of power and needs to make a call and make a decision which he will stand by.

Ricky I don't think the problem was with setting up a poll but the tone it was set up in, it did seem to some both BRFC AG members and non members that it was to discredit the Action Group. Unfortunately the situation at the club is making a lot of people angry and emotive and unfortunately in the heat of the moment this sort of thing happens.

Some of my comments regarding this situation and in response to your posts were upon reflection OTT and I apologise for their tone which without being over come by the red mist could have been worded better and less direct..

I still feel the Action Group do have to keep the pressure on whilst the club is riddled with people who are looking out for number 1 and should question every decision as there is no trust between the supporters and those supposedly charged with looking after the interests of "our" club..

OGS will be in the IFs and BUTs list. He won't come here unless he gets confirmation and support from venkys to make the changes he feels is necessary. Even then I'm not too confident he will accept the job.

His team drew vs nr three on the table this week. They Play nr one next week and nr four the week after that. IF they win both games the season will basically be over and he may confirm a move, but no way he will go into discussions or contract talks the next two weeks, far too much at stake.

So if they go for OGS we will hear nothing until 4th-5th november at earliest IMO.

I'm not sure if it's the best for the club to wait for him, but then again it seems shebby & co are running around as headless chickens now

I couldn't agree more about Black. Credit to him for coming out and saying it how it is. He has admitted he isn't in the running and he has told Shebby to get his arse into gear and get this sorted.

As for OGS, I just can't see it happening. I don't think anyone at the club are capable of getting a manager who is currently in a job.

Players, coaching staff and fans are in limbo and we need someone to come in and get a grip of the situation.

Wouldn't surprise me , I have been saying for over 12 months the players are not good enough !!

The new manager , has a lot on his plate !

The players are more than good enough, they just lack confidence which needs to be built up. Thats why we need a proper manager to motivate them and push the right buttons

BRAG did not stop the McKinlay deal. Media have twisted BRAG's concerns, which was expected and BRAG should look at themselves for putting out a naive statement and not expecting it to get manipulated by the press.

Yep, and I expect another statement if we have to wait until November for a managerial rookie. Saying that, I think Glen quite likes OGS, so maybe not.

That's why they're stalling isn't it, they found the perfect yes-man in Billy McKinlay but the fans saw right through it. This saga could go on for a long time.

The fans are right, they want their traditions brought back with a manager in place, a good one of the highest calibre, who knows what hes doing. Rather than trafficking players in and out with scant regard for the club and the first team.

We shouldn't be mistaking the incompetency of Singh and indeed Venkys as a waiting game for OGS. Sherwood was his man, he failed and his ego is what's holding the process up. I highly doubt Solksjaer is the reason we don't have a manager.

Archived