BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I have sat on this info since monday not sure if it's true or not,a good friend of mine works at stanley house and told me on mon evening that 3 people will be interviewd on wed by rovers board members don't know who they are but freind seems 100% sure its true.i am posting this in good faith and hope it's true.

A lot's happened since Monday...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a completely random note and in the spirit of happier times does anyone remember when David James was brought on as a striker for Manchester City while Jon Mackoe sat on the bench wondering what the hell was going on! I think he must have known his time was up!

On a happier Rovers note, how about when Friedel grabbed an equaliser against Charlton.

In other news we still don't have a manager.

That always annoyed me it was hailed as pearce being mad cap and just doing stuff on the fly when actually there was an outfield top made up with james's name and number on it to prove it had been thought out and planned nothing worse than planned wackyness.

Yea righty oh then!! Have they found oil under the riverside or something?? Or if we put 2 teams out and add their points together will we get into the play offs.First team in the division to have more players than points in May !!!

unless we get back to winning games fast promtion is looking less and less likely(regardless of who comes in as manager), so venkys last roll of the dice would be to invest heavily(ideally more sensibly though) in january as promotion this year is there only real chance of balancing the books(or just getting into a safer financial position).

unless we get back to winning games fast promtion is looking less and less likely(regardless of who comes in as manager), so venkys last roll of the dice would be to invest heavily(ideally more sensibly though) in january as promotion this year is there only real chance of balancing the books(or just getting into a safer financial position).

Balance the books by further spending???? Seem to recall that option being open to them last jan .I think the splash on Rhodes was the final throw of the financial dice.Everything i hear suggests we are on a knife edge money wise.Our payroll must be astronomical by now-and thats just Shebby's personal sponsorship of all things portugese.

This is so broken you have to wonder if there is any way it can ever be mended.

25 keaning days since Kean left and we're looking no closer to an appointment than we did on that Friday evening. Schoolboy stuff from top to bottom.

Just make an effing appointment!!!

And make sure you clear it with BRAG.

Freedman and Solskjaer both young with managerial success. Both (esp DF) on low budget. Both have an edge. They're the two best out there. Times this AM said we were still pursuing Sherwood. Shebby showed flexibility in listening to fans on McKinlay. He got rid of Kean and brought Rhodes. He is persistent. I think good chance he'll get his man (Sherwood). That or wait for OGS. I think Shearer would be ok too.

Freedman and Solskjaer both young with managerial success. Both (esp DF) on low budget. Both have an edge. They're the two best out there. Times this AM said we were still pursuing Sherwood. Shebby showed flexibility in listening to fans on McKinlay. He got rid of Kean and brought Rhodes. He is persistent. I think good chance he'll get his man (Sherwood). That or wait for OGS. I think Shearer would be ok too.

Are you comfortable with Black being in charge for another month? OGS would be a fairly long wait.

If I were to take a stab at an untried manager, for me it would be Paul; Scholes as a player manager with an ex Rover as his assistant to bridgen the gaps and relate to the fans, when I say an ex Rover, I would be considering Shearer, Tugay, Sagado Friedel etc. proper legends at the club!!

Not actually suggesting them for the Rovers job but I did wonder a few weeks back why no Club appears to have considered either Giggs or Scholes yet as player managers whilst they still have a bit of gas left in the tank playing wise.

You'd have thought something like that would have had Shebby creaming his pants, massively high profile AND potentially the next big things managerial wise..

Lets hope so but to be honest the fans shouldn't have had to bloody do this. It should be common sense that tells Shebby et al. that an inexperienced man who is best mates with Steve Kean is going to go down very badly with the Ewood faithful.

Wasn't fan power. The owners pulled the plug on the McKinlay deal with him being close pals with Kean.

Why on earth was McKinlays name ever discussed in the first place, surely this has to be a major concern for all Rovers fans about Singh and the owners intent.

Balance the books by further spending???? Seem to recall that option being open to them last jan .I think the splash on Rhodes was the final throw of the financial dice.Everything i hear suggests we are on a knife edge money wise.Our payroll must be astronomical by now-and thats just Shebby's personal sponsorship of all things portugese.

This is so broken you have to wonder if there is any way it can ever be mended.

sorry i thought it was obvious, getting promoted this year would mean a massive windfall of tv money which should cover most of there spending so far and possibly even some further spending in january, BUT the flip side is if we don't get promoted this year then its pretty much game over, that's the gamble.

This is beyond a joke now , Tim Sherwood was our initial choice , pay the money, get him in and move on . If no money , get Shearer/Newell and Dowie in . Just stop messing around .

The problem is and the point you have missed is they wont come neither will holloway unless shebby leaves which is about as likely as me getting the job....

His wikipedia page makes for interesting reading. It's basically a succession of him going to a club, doing well, then leaving after his temper got the better of him. My personal favourite is 'Todd left Bolton under a cloud after allegedly breaking assistant manager Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone at a team bonding session'.

I heard that a long time ago.

It wasn't at a team bonding session-well at least that wasn't mentioned.

Archived