BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Assuming he is appointed every Rovers fan should give a warm welcome to Henning Berg.

Although the selection "process" has been a farce that is irrelevant now. Berg may not be everyone's choice but he deserves support from the outset. He will certainly need all the luck in the world if he is to put right the mistakes of the past 2 years and achieve promotion this season.

As for his staff, Berg was a team-mate of Hendry's so it is possible he will stay.I certainly hope Black stays - he knows our weaknesses and the team was slowly improving under him.

Agree with Jim here. I'm happy with Henning Berg. He has a deep-rooted affiliation with our club.He also seems adept at finding decent players and selling on for big profits (something we've had to do for years now). Like Jim, I also hope he retains Black who I believe has something about him and who, unlike Kean, appears to have some integrity. Hendry I'm less bothered by.Get behind him and let's see what he can do.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well five weeks end.. from the likes of Flitcroft and Ali through to Antic and Trapattoni.. madness.. but while not overly happy with the final choice we will see how it goes I guess.

Don't really get the love in for Holloway though, like the guy but for all his success he came accross as a total fool when Blackpool where last in the EPL.. he did not change his tactics once people had them sussed (I remember lots of us saying that before the Blackpool match that season) which led to relegation, he chose the tactics and formation so relegation was his fault in many ways.

My biggest issue with Berg isn't really his ability as a manager as no one knows for sure (what he will be like in this league anyway), but more his ability to bring the crowds back, attract the players and have the respect of those around him (I get the feeling from posts from our Norweigan friends he is likely to fall out with the likes of Murphy, CKR, Givet, Rochina, Simon and co).

I guess its wait and see time though.. he will have my backing as a good bloke who is not a yes man while we work out if he is up to the task.

Is that for Definate?

Mimms is a highly rated goalkeeping coach by all accounts. Wasn't he suposed to be off to Utd at one stage? or was that someone else?

No, it's not for definite.

Mimms and Berg have played in the same team, after all.

I have to say of all the "next Mourinho's" I have to say I prefer Berg out of all of them. I met him once in 1996 when we were champions and he was quite an intense chap then. I have to agree with Fjortoft that he won't be a yes man.

Pretty sure Shebby doesn't realize this though and he may be in for a rude awakening the next time he's airing his outspoken views.

To be honest, this smacks of Kean's appointment. Time went by without a replacement and in the end we got anybody we could in to fill the vacancy. Lessons have clearly not been learned. The only thing I have faith in is Henning's ability to stand up for himself and be his own man.

Make no mistake, Shebby Singh clearly wanted a puppet and for him, that's what's he's got. However, as time will tell, Berg is not one to be told how to do things and will refuse to be the puppet even if it means the end of his employment. Should be an interesting season.........I can't see any end to the tension behind the scenes.

The other point to remember is regardless who takes over, it will take time for the team to adapt to any new tactics and to get fitness levels up.I only hope that everyone that is talking about supporting the new manager will have a bit of patience. Rome wasn`t built in a day.

I have to say of all the "next Mourinho's" I have to say I prefer Berg out of all of them. I met him once in 1996 when we were champions and he was quite an intense chap then. I have to agree with Fjortoft that he won't be a yes man.

Pretty sure Shebby doesn't realize this though and he may be in for a rude awakening the next time he's airing his outspoken views.

I would love to be a fly on that wall

Make no mistake, Shebby Singh clearly wanted a puppet and for him, that's what's he's got. However, as time will tell, Berg is not one to be told how to do things and will refuse to be the puppet even if it means the end of his employment. Should be an interesting season.........I can't see any end to the tension behind the scenes.

So he's got a puppet who isn't a puppet?

I would love to be a fly on that wall

Just stick to being a parasite in this life.

So he's got a puppet who isn't a puppet?

As is Booth's opinion, Shebby thinks he's got a puppet but he hasn't. He thinks Berg will tow the party line but he wont. Berg is not a yes man even if Shebby has appointed him thinking that he is. I'm not sure you understood my previous post.

As is Booth's opinion, Shebby thinks he's got a puppet but he hasn't. He thinks Berg will tow the party line but he wont. Berg is not a yes man even if Shebby has appointed him thinking that he is. I'm not sure you understood my previous post.

I think Shebby is aware of exactly what Berg is like. Berg has been public about the ownership in the past.

Archived