SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Hewitt@DanielHewittITV

Henning Berg signing his contract to be new Blackburn boss today. He's spent the morning with Shebby Singh finalising. Unveiled tmrw.#BRFC

Seems like Mrs D has not said 'yes'.

Heard that something did happen late last night re Blackpool / Holloway though not sure if connected to Rovers.

Holloway strikes me as a bit of a nutter and a one season wonder. He was unable to adapt to the PL and isn't doing that well at the moment in the Championship. I much prefer the calmer and IMO more professional aproach of Berg who appears to have the right sort of personality to be a good manager.

Our fanbase has become so used to criticising everything that happens at Ewood that we no longer recognise anything that happens as being positive. Time to support the new manager and to get behind the team. There is nothing wrong with the players that the right selections, tactics and a new fitness regime will not put right. The players are currently playing at 70% and need the boot of a new manager up their backsides.

Holloway strikes me as a bit of a nutter and a one season wonder. He was unable to adapt to the PL and isn't doing that well at the moment in the Championship. I much prefer the calmer and IMO more professional aproach of Berg who appears to have the right sort of personality to be a good manager.

Our fanbase has become so used to criticising everything that happens at Ewood that we no longer recognise anything that happens as being positive. Time to support the new manager and to get behind the team. There is nothing wrong with the players that the right selections, tactics and a new fitness regime will not put right. The players are currently playing at 70% and need the boot of a new manager up their backsides.

Yes good post.

Agree about the players being at 70% as well. Considering what has happened this season we are only 2 points from a promotion place and I think there is a lot more to come from this team.

A bit of calm stability can only be good.

Varies from club to club, some I know of are as low as 90 min per day, 4 days a week. Footballers have an easy life given the british cycling averages 35 hours a week. We average about 14 hours physical based work in a normal week (IE match sat to sat), and 4-5 hours classroom work.

As always thanks for your support Kelbo

Yeah, sorry, I was asking you because you do have experience, a genuine question as patrickvalert pointed out.

Thanks for that. I guess I just imagined more physical work, but presumably it's relatively high intensity, so there's the danger of "over-working?"

Always wanted to be involved in football. Massive respect for you getting to where you are and, must confess, quite envious of it!

Again, wasn't belittling your experience, quite the opposite. Sorry that got lost in my post.

Thank goodness it's not just me thinking this

Thank goodness it's not just me thinking this

It looks like we have de-stabilised his position at Blackpool as well.

I don't think Holloway will be regarded so highly by everyone come the end of the season.

I initially wanted him but after seeing our defensive play in last few games I wasn't looking forward to seeing us open up again. I'm sick of conceding goals. It needs to be stopped for good. It's the basis of any good team.

Interesting from Jan Aage Fjortoft:

"My good source in England: Blackburn Rovers want a yes/yes man. But Henning Berg is not a yes/yes man..."

This is probably why Poyet and Sherwood ruled themselves out despite the cock and bull story about Levy blocking a bid.

Archived