BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Maybe Balaji has the final say.

Venkys - Change in Directorate

Venkys (India) Ltd has informed BSE that the Company in its Board meeting held on October 29, 2012, has re-appointed Mr. B. Balaji Rao as Managing Director of the Company with effect from November 01, 2012 for a period of 5 years.

http://www.moneycont...p?autono=609822

Ergo, he's been voted back in to do the same job he's always done. Mrs D is still the CEO.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but Berg isn't talking about them, he is talking about youth games (as many posters have already told you)

So lets say it gets implemented into the youth system, and the players adapt to having 12 men on the pitch if they are 4 down. Then some of those players get thrust into the 1st team and it messes up their positional play as they feel like they are a man down..........see what I am getting at? Its a stupid suggestion is all I am saying. Why not when 5 down have 14 men on the pitch...it goes on and on and on!!!! :brfcsmilie:

This is not Henning's suggestion. It's a suggestion made by the norwegian FA and berg has backed it. It's only for teams in the age 6-12 years and they don't even play 11vs11, they play 7vs7.

I guess daily mail "accidentally" forgot to write that.

Welcome to British media henning

Football has and should always be 11 v 11. Anyone wanting to change and go against the tradition of the game has to have a screw loose slightly!!

Well, that is patently not true. The modern day football is dominated by the 11-a-side game, but the 5-a-side indoor or beach version is very popular also.

Football used to be one half of a village against the other half, basically fighting over one or more footballs. It later resulted in spinoffs in the form of modern day football and rugby (+ I suppose gaelic and aussie rules football, and probably more). That it ended up being 11 vs 11 I would guess was an arbritrary number chosen by the preferences of the people setting up the general rules in the mid 1800s. And I suppose you could equally argue that setting that number was going against the traditions of the game at the time, likewise you could say that of the players being professionals rather than amateurs, or the introduction of substitutes, or the offside or back pass rules, or the eventual goal line technology.

My point is, football evolves. For better or for worse, I couldn't possibly tell.

just a thought , those who have said X manager wont get the job because he'll want full control of transfer's etc .... maybe Balaji and latterly Shebby got so fed up with Keans excuses's which INCLUDED the "its not my fault i never signed these players" that they now DO want a manager who is completely responsible

For those doubting the Maradona link. I suggest you find out where he was last week...

Ah the old lazy journalist trick of putting two and two together................................and sending lots of Blackburn fans into a frenzy.

Archived