SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this lot anything can happen.

Rovers could have a three man shortlist this morning and have a completely different shortlist by the end of the day. It still wouldn’t surprise me if Black gets it if the others don’t want it.

I guess we will know this afternoon if they have finally decided if this is the final three man shortlist. If Rovers are to appoint a manager by Wednesday there has to be some ‘public’ movement today. With most appointments the mainstream media gets wind of it just before it’s about to be announced.

Henning Berg would be a poor appointment for me. Granted he would be one to stand his ground but if that is the case, then there will be continued hostility within the club and all at the same time we'd have a manager who had no relevant managerial experience at this level.

Poor all round but I can see this one coming off.

Yeah, I think his golf comment isn't something to be taken too seriously. He's hardly gonna show interest before he knows the job is his. Much the same as he would often say he had no plans to sign anyone at the end of a transfer window then pull off the signing of the entire window.

http://soccernet.esp...-chance?cc=5739

Redknapp would rather play golf than have an interview for Rovers job !

Harry writes for the Sun, there is no way that Martin Blackburn would write that he is being interviewed if he wasn't (he'd have checked with him first). Ditto Andy Cryer.

Also I am also deeply suspicious of articles with one very small quote, if you went to all the trouble to interview Harry you would surely include a larger quote.

Remember ESPN are the ones who on Thursday said Harry was not interested, which prompted Harry to contact Sky to say that he was interested in the Job.

Anyhow, I am glad that this manager hunt is coming to an end now.

What an odd post!

Let me give you a clue; if we sign maradona he won't be playing up front!

(probably pick him ahead of ckr though).

Bet he wouldn't be as injured as dunny either

Ya reckon?? Ha wouldn't be surprised if its never ending.

What did you put on him ? A quid !? He's 3/1 now on Skybet. That'll teach me to hesitate.

I cracked the piggy jar open this morning and found a little bit more in there.

Unless Shebby supplies 'Arry with a massive promotion bonus, a chopper to and from work each day and a lifetime supply of invisible dog biscuits for Rosie I cannot see how it won't be Berg.

Harry writes for the Sun, there is no way that Martin Blackburn would write that he is being interviewed if he wasn't (he'd have checked with him first). Ditto Andy Cryer.

Also I am also deeply suspicious of articles with one very small quote, if you went to all the trouble to interview Harry you would surely include a larger quote.

Remember ESPN are the ones who on Thursday said Harry was not interested, which prompted Harry to contact Sky to say that he was interested in the Job.

Martin Blackburn@SunMartinB

@tonys61 @Northern_Rover @BKKRover they'll talk to his people first and if that gets sorted.. to harry. So he might be playing golf for now.

Wont meet Harry - simple as that !

Yeah I think it's going to be Berg as well.

Redknapp's demands of heavy investment in January and full control should rule him out. Holloway will want similar demands but the fact that it appears that Shebby doesn't want him but Shaw does will make his mind up and he will withdraw from the selection process.

That leaves Berg. I know some of our Scandinavian posters have said that Berg will be a strong figure and have demands but this is his chance to manage in England, I can see him accepting interference from above for now and taking the job.

He was in the LT and on Talksport in very strong terms recently saying that our set up was a joke wasn't he?? manager has to pick the team , must have total responsibility blah blah!!

I would have thought that sort of talk would have Shebby running for the hills.

Are there any complete no marks out there who don't mind being overlooked by the first 25 people we fancied and who are happy to let Shebby play his computer game? Rol up , Roll up but can you get a wiggle on please cos we need to meet you , interview you , decide you are ok, do the contract and sort out the legals and the Press conference for tomorrow!!

feckin FC Disastersville

Nope, he destroyed us by playing on the right with his left footed dependence, I said at the time, the German side wont allow him to do that, they didnt, pushed him onto his right foot and kept him out of the game completely!

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were condensing his entire career to a single game. You are quite right of course; maradona = journeyman pro.

My apologies...

Absolutely 100% - we dont want Maradona anywhere near Rovers, in my opinion a cheating druggie, good player in his day despite being all left foot but a poor manager!!

My thoughts too. Then there is also the small problem that everybody else seems to have forgotten.....his many times quoted hatred of England and all things English. I can't see how he can possibly have completely changed his mindset in that direction.

Martin Blackburn@SunMartinB

@tonys61 @Northern_Rover @BKKRover they'll talk to his people first and if that gets sorted.. to harry. So he might be playing golf for now.

Wont meet Harry - simple as that !

Talking to his people is the same as meeting Harry. He is interested in the job, he will have told his people what his demands would be. If we meet those demands then Harry will talk to us to formalise appointment, if we don't then it ends there.

Please define "worst horse".

one man's "worst" in terms of credible prospect of uniting the club, getting us promoted, steadying the ship in the Premier and then taking us forward.... is another man's "best" in terms of cheapest, least fianancial burden, worth a punt cos we might get lucky, business decision.

Shame on you for thinking like a fan instead of an Indian business woman. :-)

Haha fair point, "worst horse" maybe unfair, lets say least experiences horse. Iv got nothing again berg. I liked him as a player and think he could be a decent manager. But if you wanted me to put money on somebody to lead us back to the prem then it would be holloway or redknapp as they have been there and done it ( won promotion to prem as manager that is )

If our shortlist consists of Redknapp, Holloway and Berg then I will be horrified if Berg ends up getting the job. Clearly the least qualified and the biggest risk.

Therefore the biggest potential, in Shebby speak!

My thoughts too. Then there is also the small problem that everybody else seems to have forgotten.....his many times quoted hatred of England and all things English. I can't see how he can possibly have completely changed his mindset in that direction.

different "medication" ?

If our shortlist consists of Redknapp, Holloway and Berg then I will be horrified if Berg ends up getting the job. Clearly the least qualified and the biggest risk.

so what's your point ? have you not been paying attention for the past 2 years?

the least qualified and biggest risk it is !

:D

• Backroom

If it is between those three:

Redknapp - even if he is interested he will be put off when Shebby starts speaking and he realises he will have to work to him

Holloway - Shebby may do his upmost to make sure he doesn't want to take the job

Berg - appointed by default

I think Berg is more likely to put up with Shebby's control as Berg I would imagine is desperate to manage in England. Berg could go in with the view that this is a short term opportunity; if he gets Rovers promoted with some style then he will attract some suitors for his services. He could then maybe leave after getting Rovers promoted, saying he couldn't put up with the interference from Shebby et al and fancied a new challenge.

would be so much better on here, if people were just debating the relative strengths / weaknesses of the various candidates being mentioned in the press.

because the only 100% certainty on here, is that only Shebby knows what will actually happen and he's happy enough to let all the conflicting stories exist right now.

there simply is no point trying to convince people that your information is better than anyone elses!

Redknapp - even if he is interested he will be put off when Shebby starts speaking and he realises he will have to work to him

Holloway - Shebby may do his upmost to make sure he doesn't want to take the job

Berg - as Redknapp above

Black - appointed by default

made it match reality for you

Berg - appointed by default

Tom M is a wise man. Ignore all the tweets and the rest.

It's as simple as that.

Berg by default !

.... unless Berg decides he doesn't want it either after his interview and realisation of the "working conditions".

hmmm how much compensation would Chorley demand for Flitcroft ? :wacko:

Abbey said it.... this could actually be "never ending" !

Archived