BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

At 22.31 I was pleading (whilst recognising it was against all the odds) that they appoint Harry and at 23.46 I reiterated what I think I'd already posted earlier; that I fear we might have messed this one up by ill-advised reception of the interest expressed. Andy Cryer wrote yesterday that Redknapp was unlikely "because he was too expensive"- Andy will have got that from one of the wonders disorganising this managerial search just as surely as Nixon has got his Maradona story from one of them no doubt backed up by a call to Brazil.

What change of view?-I don't understand your question. "Please please please" has never meant "I think we will appoint" in Darwen- perhaps it sometimes does in the rarefied atmosphere of Revidge.

:lol:

Full of the proverbial.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we will end up with Berg or Robinson or Flitcroft as manager of Rovers.

cant see HR coming to rovers. hope he does but very unlikely. his people are trying to get name out there to try to push QPR or Southampton to sack their manager so he take over there.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4616438/Blackburn-plan-Harry-Redknapp-talks.html

anyone still like a Sven/Derek Faz/Tugay management team????

we will end up with Berg or Robinson or Flitcroft as manager of Rovers.

cant see HR coming to rovers. hope he does but very unlikely. his people are trying to get name out there to try to push QPR or Southampton to sack their manager so he take over there.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4616438/Blackburn-plan-Harry-Redknapp-talks.html

anyone still like a Sven/Derek Faz/Tugay management team????

No

Just on a side note, I know Maradonna has been completely laughed at/dismissed but this is a quote taken from ESPN, which has been Shebby Singh's mouthpiece throughout this manager search:

'Club chief Shebby Singh is believed to have received a positive reaction after tentative discussions with Maradona's advisers and the wheels may now be set in motion to try and attract the World Cup winner to Ewood Park.' - ESPN

Whether this can be seen to be accurate or not is beyond me but, as I say, ESPN have been up to speed throughout thus far.

the LT is reporting that Harry will be interviewed for the rovers manager job. other people in the frame r Holloway n Berg.

Grayson and Robinson are no longer in the running for the manager job.

Also Singh last night stated an appointment would be made by the middle of this week and with interviews coming to an end today, remains hopeful the search will be at an end within the next couple of days.

Cryer has always right about the search for new manager.

Where are all these stories coming from? there seems to be a different stories in the press every day.

Who is leaking all this stuff? Is it Shaw and Agnew trying to discredit Shebby or the other way round. Does anyone have any idea?

Why is he chasing Maradona if there are so many qualified applicants? Once this mess is over, we'll have a new one to discuss.

maybe he is a smackhead like Maradona, he certainly is showing signs of it

The way a few of you go on about each and every news story is ridiculous. Do you honestly think that every story is bang on?

Rule of thumb, 3 or 4 say rovers to speak to Redknapp. Therefore it's more than likely happening. Forgot the red top trash guys, and don't let the scandalmongers get you

Henning Berg is a very professional manager with strong opinions, really hates to lose, and demands 110% from everyone around him. If Singh and Venkys wants to appoint a "yes man", then Berg will never ever get the job.

When Henning was managing Lyn and Lillestrøm, he was very good with younger players. Both clubs made big money on the players he brought in and then sold (ie John Obi Mikel to Chelsea, Anthony Ujah to Mainz, Nosa Igiebor to Hapoel Tel Aviv, Bjørn Helge Riise to Fulham - and Lillestrøm recently sold Bergmann Sigurdasson to Wolves, which Henning Berg bought)

He brought Lyn to 3rd place, a great achievement. Lillestrøm was an economic unstable club when he arrived, he was able to reduce the wagebill with 50%, but was also forced to sell his best players, resulting in disappointing 11th and 12th place in the league.

He was sacked from Lillestrøm because of his demanding leadership-style, which got him into a conflict with some of the players and the leader of the board.

Does Kamy or anyone else know how its looking on holloway at the moment? I see Glen Mullan has tweeted saying holloway wont happen.

My understanding now is this, unless Shebby buggers off, Holloway wont come to Rovers, shame as Ollie initially wanted the job!!

To be fair, anybody that knows Harry, knows that that's how he bats off any speculation. It means nothing with Harry, it's like Shebby's 'no comment'.

That's what I took from the article, it didn't really say anything. I don't know why they even bothered writing it.

Does Kamy or anyone else know how its looking on holloway at the moment? I see Glen Mullan has tweeted saying holloway wont happen.

He also tweeted that the only credible source of information is via andy cryer - and he is saying that Holloway is in the frame.

Pinch. Of. Salt.

Henning Berg is a very professional manager with strong opinions, really hates to lose, and demands 110% from everyone around him. If Singh and Venkys wants to appoint a "yes man", then Berg will never ever get the job.

When Henning was managing Lyn and Lillestrøm, he was very good with younger players. Both clubs made big money on the players he brought in and then sold (ie John Obi Mikel to Chelsea, Anthony Ujah to Mainz, Nosa Igiebor to Hapoel Tel Aviv, Bjørn Helge Riise to Fulham - and Lillestrøm recently sold Bergmann Sigurdasson to Wolves, which Henning Berg bought)

He brought Lyn to 3rd place, a great achievement. Lillestrøm was an economic unstable club when he arrived, he was able to reduce the wagebill with 50%, but was also forced to sell his best players, resulting in disappointing 11th and 12th place in the league.

He was sacked from Lillestrøm because of his demanding leadership-style, which got him into a conflict with some of the players and the leader of the board.

.....based on that, he will pass his interview with flying colours

Archived