BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Maybe I am getting paranoid but it seems that every day a new name turns up from nowhere and suddenly appears in the betting as a favourite. Berg, McKinlay, McCleish. Cannot help but suspect a certain agent is still up to his no good?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berg would be a DISASTER ! His record in 5 seasons in Norway shows a lower position in the league every season! He took his first club from title-challengers to mid-table and in his second season at the next club, one point in 8 games. I utterly despair if Shabby thinks Berg is the "next Big Thing". He's not even "Bitter Sweet". More like Fail Fail. This obsession with anyone who has pulled on a Blue and White jersey is utterly crass and mindless.

Harry harry harry!

Knowing our owners, the only Harry they've heard of is Harry Krishna.

More likely that all the candidates can rule Rovers out after undergoing a grilling from our comedians.

:lol:

I think that when the new manager is named, I shall be completely underwhelmed.

However, he will have my loyal support regardless.

Thought someone posted yesterday that he turned down the job just like Sherwood did a few weeks ago allegedly

Sorry, I must have missed that. However, I thought that you had first to be offered something to turn it down !

Not sure on the absolute certainty of this but heard that the final names to Pune have to be signed-off by both Singh & Shaw - supposedly, Poyet ticks both their boxes.

Berg would be a DISASTER ! His record in 5 seasons in Norway shows a lower position in the league every season! He took his first club from title-challengers to mid-table and in his second season at the next club, one point in 8 games. I utterly despair if Shabby thinks Berg is the "next Big Thing". He's not even "Bitter Sweet". More like Fail Fail. This obsession with anyone who has pulled on a Blue and White jersey is utterly crass and mindless.

How much do you know about the Norwegian league? I assume you have just read the league positions from Wikipedia. To your information henning berg held lyn financially up almost alone due to his keen eye for talent. The club went bankrupt less than a year after he left. He then took over another club with big financial problems. When they finally got their economy stable they sacked him.

Henning has never gotten anything for free. He has worked hard for it, while For instance solskjær have had one of norways richest men in his back ready to open the checkbook.

And thats why I never look at win % etc

On Wikipedia when I consider which managers I would prefer

Interestingly, was talking to a couple of Burnley supporters today and they seemed very underwhelmed about Dyche - seemingly, the feeling is that they are about to appoint Brian Laws 2. Also, seems that not the unaminous choice of the Burnley hierarchy though they do seem to have a more united front than our lot.

Pretty much.

Assuming Guardiola, Mourinho and Ferguson are slightly out of reach, do you think Harry is that man?

I think so. Believe it or not, I would take Redknapp over Guardiola. Not until that man had had success with a squad that doesn't include Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Villa, Pedro, Puyol, Pique, Alba, Eto'o, Ibrahimavic (you catch my drift) will I be convinced by him.

See "Frank Rikjaard."

Sam Fielding@sampf

@CryerRovers please tell me the rumours of Judan Ali being confirmed on Weds is just a wild unfounded rumour?

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@sampf I can tell you that.

Sam Fielding@sampf

@CryerRovers phew! Do you know if Harry is being interviewed tomorrow?

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@sampf I do :) more in paper tmrw

I have been posting on here for a while now so have no reason to make this up, i dont claim to be a ITKer just thought i would share abit of info i have been told.

My mates brother window cleans for one of the first team coaches and he told him that Holloway will be appointed on Wednesday.

He has just stuck a £50 bet on Holloway for next manager so i have no reason to believe he is lying.

Not trying to start rumours just a heads up :)

I think so. Believe it or not, I would take Redknapp over Guardiola. Not until that man had had success with a squad that doesn't include Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Villa, Pedro, Puyol, Pique, Alba, Eto'o, Ibrahimavic (you catch my drift) will I be convinced by him.

See "Frank Rikjaard."

Fair point but did he sign or give any of those players their break? Did he build a system around them which worked for them?

I could well imagine Messi struggling in Kean's Rovers team last season.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic so I'm assuming not.

I have been posting on here for a while now so have no reason to make this up, i dont claim to be a ITKer just thought i would share abit of info i have been told.

My mates brother window cleans for one of the first team coaches and he told him that Holloway will be appointed on Wednesday.

He has just stuck a £50 bet on Holloway for next manager so i have no reason to believe he is lying.

Not trying to start rumours just a heads up :)

See "Frank Rikjaard."

Pity, Frank wanted to come too!!

I was being deadly serious. I'm sure he's a very talented coach, but my point is given the brief of Promotion from the Championship with a largely "better than average" Championship squad, I'd trust Redknapp over Guardiola.

However, if the brief was "win the Champion's League with an open chequebook..."

Pity, Frank wanted to come too!!

Philip polished the bottle of Sherry that Tuesday.

I was being deadly serious. I'm sure he's a very talented coach, but my point is given the brief of Promotion from the Championship with a largely "better than average" Championship squad, I'd trust Redknapp over Guardiola.

However, if the brief was "win the Champion's League with an open chequebook..."

Yes, that would be because Redknapp knows what it takes in this country and this league. Guardiola would need time to adjust.

I'd only argue that it's a time issue rather than chequebook.

Yes, that would be because Redknapp knows what it takes in this country and this league. Guardiola would need time to adjust.

I'd only argue that it's a time issue rather than chequebook.

And you might be right. However, I honestly believe that the squad of players at Barcelona would challenge for everything if they had no manager and just mucked about between themselves.

He might be a genius, but I'll never accept it until he does it under more challenging circumstances.

Back on topic, who's everyone's milkman backing for the Rovers job?

Rijkard was interested.

Poyet's exit (if he has exited) was much more recent.

The one I got wrong was Shearer who was completely snubbed by Rovers despite a lot of background work on his behalf.

As always Philip; words. We can all post them.

Archived