BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko has good contacts and I think he has his finger on the pulse better than most where NW football is concerned.

He himself would be a laughing stock if there was no foundation in this story.

I've said before, scoff at your peril where Nicko is concerned.

Seriously???

The answer to Ricky's question is things change, often with bewildering rapidity and no apparent logic. This is Venky's.

Don't be surprised if everybody's favourite Brasilian chicken farmer has been in Balaji's ear again. Shebby is Balaji's man, never forget that.

The answer to Ricky's question is things change, often with bewildering rapidity and no apparent logic. This is Venky's.

Don't be surprised if everybody's favourite Brasilian chicken farmer has been in Balaji's ear again. Shebby is Balaji's man, never forget that.

Which is strange. Because, in football circles, you probably couldn't ask for anyone more bling that Harry Redknapp. I mean, the bloke is a media darling and has got that 'everyman 'cockney urchin thing going on. I'd have thought Balaji would be all over him.

He wasn't great over the window. He didn't break the Rhodes story and initially scoffed at it although he did backtrack on that. I think Nicko lost some of his sources when we lost so many people from ewood. He used to be very very good, now I'd say he's more in the average category.

Nicko started out with sherwood, then he said mckinlay, then holloway, now Maradonna.

A broken clock is right twice a day...

He was right about Sherwood, McKinlay and Holloway. All three have been targets. First two blocked by their clubs. Second one then blocked by Venky's. Holloway definitely on the radar and Shaw's choice but not Shebby's. We'll see what others have to say about Madge.

Which is strange. Because, in football circles, you probably couldn't ask for anyone more bling that Harry Redknapp. I mean, the bloke is a media darling and has got that 'everyman 'cockney urchin thing going on. I'd have thought Balaji would be all over him.

He probably is too, until he presents Harry's wage demands to Mrs Desai.

They want cheap.

From the Daily Telegraph:

Blackburn Rovers are planning to interview Harry Redknapp for the Ewood Park managerial vacancy on Tuesday after the former Tottenham manager expressed an interest in the position at the Championship club.

In keeping with the young manager blueprint, Blackburn met with Henning Berg - another former Rovers player - on Monday night to discuss the manager’s job following the former Manchester United defender’s previous success as coach of Norwegian club Lyn Oslo.

Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson, Blackpool’s Ian Holloway and Barnsley manager Keith Hill are also under consideration, with Garry Flitcroft, currently managing non-league Chorley, also in contention for the job.

But the prospect of luring Redknapp to Ewood Park is regarded as too good an opportunity to miss by Singh and Venky’s, despite the obvious pitfalls of potentially being used as a stepping stone to more appealing offers by Redknapp, who has not managed in the Championship since leaving Southampton in December 2005.

Nixon's take on it:

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@andrewj31 Harry playing golf tomorrow.

Anybody trying to provide information about the goings on at Ewood is on a complete hiding to nothing.

There is no logic, no consistency, no plan, just disaster compounding disaster.

People can read my posts and conclude whatever they want.

They are genuine in as much as I know and can say at THE TIME OF POSTING.

Rovers can have done a 360 degrees pirouette by the time it gets read or have got stuck anywhere on the circle.

Nixon is right about Camerone Jerome on that piece, is right that Maradona is a Shebby special to the horror of Shaw.

The Mail story about Redknapp is weakened because it includes Holloway on the final shortlist and he would only come over Shebby's dead body- a feeling which is mutual. My great fear is that the Harry story started out as a genuine interest and now has degenerated into a wind-up as the Ewood geniuses were utterly clueless about how to respond to the initial sounding out.

Maradona can't speak English.

Translator.....not Rochina, someone who's completely fluent.....maybe Salgado.

Don't know what to think.....who knows what would happen? Would be a laugh I suppose. In recent times has only managed one club team in UAE and the standard must be quite poor.

Did alright with Argentina.....had won 1 in 8 games, took over and won 4 out of the next 8......did well in the World Cup until they were annihilated by ze Germans.

Must have been pretty easy to motivate them though....at least one of them has a Maradona tattoo.....but International football is different.

Zola? Did alright at West Ham from memory.....don't like their owners and they were too outspoken and meddled as well I think.

Archived