BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More likely that all the candidates can rule Rovers out after undergoing a grilling from our comedians.

I was being even more cynical. That is, they have no plans to offer any of them the job but want to appear as though the are interested. Oh and someone gets to play Chairman.

Hope I'm wrong but I can still see it being Black.

"None of the candidates shared our vision and couldn't see what we are trying to do here - we really tried but it wasn't to be. Having thought long and hard it was clear that Eric Black is the right man for our baby".

I'm not too sure redknapp would be my first choice if he came alone. If he came with Sherwood I think I would have him top, but alone I think I would rather give it a shot with berg, holloway or grayson.

Call me crazy but I fear how much redknapp may potentially cost us both in wages and transfer wise

Just a quick comment on Eric Black.

We have conceeded 2 goals in the last 5 games. At long last I can understand the thought processes and decisions taken by our management. Black is growing on me and although I still want a manager that will unite the fanbase, I would be happy if Black was to be kept on in some capacity. It was imperative we addressed our defensive frailties and that was priority whoever came in.

Black had to start somewhere, can only work with the players at his disposal and in my opinion has done a very professional job, especially in light of the personal uncertainty and confusion he must be experiencing regarding his own career. He has kept the players focused and we also look much fitter now. After a slow start he has moved us back up the league and the players have responded to him. I like the settled look about our team, especially at the back and it is starting to pay off.

Like I say he is growing on me, but I have always rated defensive prowess and clean sheets in professional football and those that like a little more entertainment may have an opposite view.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we made Black manager...but it would be the end of any hope in terms of bringing back the masses to Ewood.

• Backroom

I'm not too sure redknapp would be my first choice if he came alone. If he came with Sherwood I think I would have him top, but alone I think I would rather give it a shot with berg, holloway or grayson.

Call me crazy but I fear how much redknapp may potentially cost us both in wages and transfer wise

Surely he can only cost us money in transfers and wages player-wise if Venkys give him the money to do so? Judging on their past actions - Rhodes aside - I don't see them forking out a ton of money for him to ruin the club with.

1) OGS

2) Redknapp

3) Holloway

4) McCarthy

5) Grayson

6) Black

7) McCleish

8) Etc.

First off, anyone is better than Kean.

Second, I'll back any manager appointed.

Third, I recognize that OGS has less experience than most on that list. On the other hand, I think he's the real deal so I'm voting with my heart (with corroborating evidence based on his CV to date).

Fourth, if Venkys want to keep the supporters onside they need to get someone who'll motivate the supporter base. An experienced manager with a history of success. No more coaches!

Fifth, fingers are crossed. I hope they get this right.

I'd imagine the talks with Harry will be to decide if HE wants the gig, not the other way round..

Absolutely, as a couple of the other guys mentioned earlier. Best suit tomorrow Mr Singh please, no comedy jumpers with your initials on thank you.

Just a quick comment on Eric Black.

We have conceeded 2 goals in the last 5 games. At long last I can understand the thought processes and decisions taken by our management. Black is growing on me and although I still want a manager that will unite the fanbase, I would be happy if Black was to be kept on in some capacity. It was imperative we addressed our defensive frailties and that was priority whoever came in.

Black had to start somewhere, can only work with the players at his disposal and in my opinion has done a very professional job, especially in light of the personal uncertainty and confusion he must be experiencing regarding his own career. He has kept the players focused and we also look much fitter now. After a slow start he has moved us back up the league and the players have responded to him. I like the settled look about our team, especially at the back and it is starting to pay off.

Like I say he is growing on me, but I have always rated defensive prowess and clean sheets in professional football and those that like a little more entertainment may have an opposite view.

It's a game of opinions isn't it but I completely disagree. Even If Black is here for another game and wins it he'll still have taken two

points less over the corresponding period than Kean. Also we we outrageously fortunate to get 6 points from the last two games. If we'd got one point from those two, you could 't really complain.

Secondly, whilst we may only have conceded 3 goals during his spell in charge, we've stopped creating chances and only scored 4 which suggests to me that over the course of a season, we wouldn't win many games with Black in charge.

The players also look extremely flat and demotivated playing for him and he and Kean were responsible for taking us down. I still want to see anyone associated with the Kean regime frogmarched off the premises when the new man comes in ideally.

harry redknapp would be the perfect appointment for us, i think it would even trump the king kenny one because now we are a club with little money, it would unite the fanbase, probably put another few thousands bums on seats, attract a good calibre of player, motivate the lads already here, give venkys more breathing space, make singh the king (in some peoples eyes, not mine) and have the whole town buzzing, for these reasons i cannot see venkys going for harry!!!

Just read what I have written, there is something about digesting a post and reading what it actually says, which is that IF Redknap was appointed, the club would be lifted, which it would, I also stated, whoever becomes manager, there will be no gaurantees!!

So the concept of your response totally defeats me!!

Sorry kelbo-it wasn't aimed at you or your post.I was just reacting to the mass and general hysteria surrounding Harry which is ridiculous cos he aint setting foot .And it s coming from people who should know better-again not aimed at you personally.

never been fickle regarding harry, thought he should have got the england job, top manager who has done a good job wherever he has gone (bar saints), west ham thought they should be doing better with him, look what happened to them, top class manager and would get the respect of everyone instantly

funny how fickle people are on here(in regards to Harry Redknap), i think as always he's just a football vulture(albeit one very good managing ability, between meals).

I've always regarded Redknapp as a spiv like character. I particularly dislike the way he conducts transfer business. As I despise Tottingham I grew to dislike old Wobblechops even more.

If we appoint him I will absolutely delighted. As a football fan I reserve the right to be a right fickle bar steward.

never been fickle regarding harry, thought he should have got the england job, top manager who has done a good job wherever he has gone (bar saints), west ham thought they should be doing better with him, look what happened to them, top class manager and would get the respect of everyone instantly

Couldn't agree more! I have, honestly, always admired him for what he's done in football.

Edit: thinking about it, I actually think I've been brainwashed by Sky Sports News transfer deadline day coverage. He'd probably bankrupt us. Still, January 31st would be exciting!

wasn't aimed at anybody in-particular, just the general feelings towards him on here in the past have never been that good and id prefer Holloway over him(and im not even that big of an Holloway fan), i don't really like the idea of having a media darling type as manager, id prefer somebody a bit more sensible that's just focused on football and the club(and not just what he can get out of it).

Sorry kelbo-it wasn't aimed at you or your post.I was just reacting to the mass and general hysteria surrounding Harry which is ridiculous cos he aint setting foot .And it s coming from people who should know better-again not aimed at you personally.

I imagine he'd be tempted to come if the back end promotion bonus is enticing enough. Simple as that. No more no less.

No-one is daft enough to believe he grew up supporting us or it's been his lifelong ambition to manage Blackburn Rovers or anhthing like that.

Archived