BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Still confident with Holloway Ralfinho ?

My mortage is soon due and I dont have a penny left to pay it after betting.....

I will tell you how to make a fortune.Offer what ever price you want on Redknapp to be our next manager and everyone who places a bet with you is paying off your mortgage.Not a chance on gods earth he will be our next boss.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry harry harry!

just seen this on Vital Blackburn from Glen. ?????????

osted 29/10/2012 13:14

#54408 - in reply to #52304

Subject: Re: Next Manager?

36100p.jpg?rnd=700

Jack Walker Legend

2000.gif100.gif

Great to see Harry getting a chance of interview,

But disappointed that Poyet has turned us down :-(

5 interviews over next 24 hours I expect an appointment to be announced after lunch on Wednesday

Edited by glen9mullan 29/10/2012 13:19

My concerns with Harry, don't think he has built a team without large investment, you could argue WHU as a mix. Big questions about his, shall we say accrual of personal wealth.

To be fair, he got Pompey promoted on a shoestring. A grand total of approx £1.5m was spent during their promotion campaign, and he managed to keep them up three seasons running without breaking the bank. Admittedly, the glory days didn't come until he was given the keys to the vault.

if it's true Harry is in talks with Rovers tomorrow, i just hope hope we get him to sign on the dotted line. Either Harry or Holloway and i will be one happy fan.We need to be going for experience and not someone who has not. If Harry or Holloway are wanting more money then the less experience guys who are being linked to the job we must fork out for them. It's either go with experience and have a better chance of promation or go with less experince and risk us not going up.

If Redknapp is actually interested, there's nothing to even think about. I've been critical of him in the past but he's done very well at Spurs and just finished 4th in the Premier League. We are in the Championshilp.

HELLO! WAKEY WAKEY!

Can't believe we didn't snap him up within hours of his apparent interest becoming public.

There aren't many managers I would choose Eric Black over, but Alex McLeish is one of them. It better not be true.

I'm surprised to see you say that. You usually show a lot of perspective with these things.

McLeish is another example of a manager only being remembered for their last job. If you go across his career -

Hibs - Excellent job, got him the Rangers job.

Rangers - Broke the stranglehold of Martin O'Neill's Celtic team to win the domestic treble. Had a lot of his best players sold off due to financial problems. Won the SPL twice in a time when Celtic were very strong.

Scotland - won 7/10 games and beat France away. The best Scotland team in a long time under McLeish.

Birmingham - Didnt manage to keep them up in his first half season. Got them straight back up, then finished 9th the next season, their highest finish in over 50 years. They went 12 unbeaten at one point that year. The next season they won the League Cup. They ended up getting relegated, narrowly on the last day. His time at Birmingham was not a complete success granted, but there were many high points and experiences that would transfer well to our situation. Birmingham have been up and down for many years - has anyone done a better job there than McLeish?

Villa - Should never have taken that job, did very poorly but there is context to that. Again, if you look at their squad and how they've started this season, thing have not improved for them despite the change of manager.

Given some of the names that have been mentioned I would take him in a flash. To say he's worse than Kean is ludicrous.

If Redknapp is actually interested, there's nothing to even think about. I've been critical of him in the past but he's done very well at Spurs and just finished 4th in the Premier League. We are in the Championshilp.

HELLO! WAKEY WAKEY!

Can't believe we didn't snap him up within hours of his apparent interest becoming public.

I know he should of been interviewed straight away and not risk Harry loosing his interest with us. I just hope Shebby can pull it off now and get Harry in, but knowing Shebby he will probably go for someone like Berg the cheaper option!!

just seen this on Vital Blackburn from Glen. ?????????

osted 29/10/2012 13:14

#54408 - in reply to #52304

Subject: Re: Next Manager?

36100p.jpg?rnd=700

Jack Walker Legend

2000.gif100.gif

Great to see Harry getting a chance of interview,

But disappointed that Poyet has turned us down :-(

5 interviews over next 24 hours I expect an appointment to be announced after lunch on Wednesday

Edited by glen9mullan 29/10/2012 13:19

if there are still 5 interviews to go by Tuesday night and you expect an appointment on Weds then we have got the wrong man!!

Are there any top managers out there who fancy being our 18th choice and coming to work with our Global advisor?? Roll up, Roll up!!!!!

I'm surprised to see you say that. You usually show a lot of perspective with these things.

McLeish is another example of a manager only being remembered for their last job. If you go across his career -

Rangers - Broke the stranglehold of Martin O'Neill's Celtic team to win the domestic treble. Had a lot of his best players sold off due to financial problems. Won the SPL twice in a time when Celtic were very strong.

Scotland - won 7/10 games and beat France away. The best Scotland team in a long time under McLeish.

Birmingham - Didnt manage to keep them up in his first half season. Got them straight back up, then finished 9th the next season, their highest finish in over 50 years. They went 12 unbeaten at one point that year. The next season they won the League Cup. They ended up getting relegated, narrowly on the last day. His time at Birmingham was not a complete success granted, but there were many high points and experiences that would transfer well to our situation. Birmingham have been up and down for many years - has anyone done a better job there than McLeish?

Villa - Should never have taken that job, did very poorly but there is context to that. Again, if you look at their squad and how they've started this season, thing have not improved for them despite the change of manager.

Given some of the names that have been mentioned I would take him in a flash. To say he's worse than Kean is ludicrous.

I'm just not a fan of his at all. He had Birmingham playing the most horrible football, he was very lucky to finish ninth that year (they won so many 1-0s and had poor goal difference, it was never a sustainable way of playing) . An overall win % of 36.9 at Birmingham is poor when you consider it's boosted by a promotion season.

He's poor in the transfer market too. He tends to overpay for very average players and doesn't have any record to speak of unearthing hidden talent. He left both Birmginham and Villa with very poor squads.

If we're going to go for a hardcore pragmatist we may as well just keep Black. He's doing exactly the same job so far that McLeish would do.

Edit: Overlooked his Scottish record there. It's hard to judge anything from 10 games. The France game was impressive, but even Kean won at Old Trafford. His Rangers record was impressive but it's a polar opposite situation to the Championship. Only two teams competing there, whereas the Championship is ridiculously tight. Any three from 14/15 could go up.

So basically hes done very well with Rangers which some would say isn't too difficult and his record in English football is atrocious.

So basically hes done very well with Rangers which some would say isn't too difficult and his record in English football is atrocious.

How does his record with Birmingham qualify as atrocious?!

interviews, interviews, interviews. Total waste of time, Decide who you want, agree to give him what's necessary and do the deal.

+1.

Subject to the £'s obviously den. But they should be agreeing on that in advance of sitting down. Otherwise what's the point? 3 hour interview with H Redknapp. All agreed. "Oh and the money Harry?" "I want £2.5 million and the Ribble Valley please." "Oh...."

"Interviews". It's not as though nobody knows the apllicants and their records is it?!? Oh hang on... you can't tell with our lot.

Archived