• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order would be :

Redknapp

OGS

Holloway

Grayson

Black until the end of the season. I don't see that an appointment of Hill, Robinson or Berg would be an improvement on how we've done recently. I'd prefer to keep Black and replace if someone better becomes available - ie Hughes.

5 weeks ago i launched Henning Berg as a candidate they should be looking at, i really didnt think he would be considered but now that he is i hope we get him.

Im obviously a big fan of Henning and his style of play and think he could be a good solution for rovers long term. People criticise his period in Lillestrøm, but that was a club in total turmoil. And apart from his first season in charge where they struggled for the whole season, his two other seasons there they had a great start of the season, then he was forced to sell his best players and they started struggling.

Lillestrøm as club didnt really fit him. They have a history of being a tough and physically strong team and his football philosophy didnt fit the club imo. He was basicly sacked because he was too negative in media (ye the opposite of kean), and a local investor said he would invest alot of money in new players if they sacked henning. That club has signed 18 players since henning berg left, and they are worse off now than when he was in charge

In Lyn he finished 3rd in his first season in charge, only 2 points behind the winner. And that was in a league that where alot stronger than the league today. He did that with one of the lowest budgets in the league just to compare with what OGS achieved his first season.

He has made the clubs he has been in charge of a hell at a lot of money, he is good at spotting talent and reselling, although that will be a harder feat in a better league.

Lastly i know he wont take crap from shebby & co. if he were given the chance to speak to venkys i know he would tell them to take john williams back, he will sign his own players and do whatever he feels best. And he know this club, its fans, its history.

5 weeks ago i launched Henning Berg as a candidate they should be looking at, i really didnt think he would be considered but now that he is i hope we get him.

Im obviously a big fan of Henning and his style of play and think he could be a good solution for rovers long term. People criticise his period in Lillestrøm, but that was a club in total turmoil. And apart from his first season in charge where they struggled for the whole season, his two other seasons there they had a great start of the season, then he was forced to sell his best players and they started struggling.

Lillestrøm as club didnt really fit him. They have a history of being a tough and physically strong team and his football philosophy didnt fit the club imo. He was basicly sacked because he was too negative in media (ye the opposite of kean), and a local investor said he would invest alot of money in new players if they sacked henning. That club has signed 18 players since henning berg left, and they are worse off now than when he was in charge

In Lyn he finished 3rd in his first season in charge, only 2 points behind the winner. And that was in a league that where alot stronger than the league today. He did that with one of the lowest budgets in the league just to compare with what OGS achieved his first season.

He has made the clubs he has been in charge of a hell at a lot of money, he is good at spotting talent and reselling, although that will be a harder feat in a better league.

Lastly i know he wont take crap from shebby & co. if he were given the chance to speak to venkys i know he would tell them to take john williams back, he will sign his own players and do whatever he feels best. And he know this club, its fans, its history.

I suspect this could be the problem, that is why we have not appointed anyone yet

I suspect this could be the problem, that is why we have not appointed anyone yet

I am sure its the problem, no manager worth his weight will allow a third rate player, a no knowledge man in football to tell them what to do!!

Harry is a no brainer for me even if it's for 18 months.

Arry would be a no brainer until end of season and then maybe a younger man working with him to take over!!

I am sure its the problem, no manager worth his weight will allow a third rate player, a no knowledge man in football to tell them what to do!!

That is probably also why Arry was quoted to have said Shebby Singh will not persuade me to take the job, lets hope he is not in the room

If there's any truth in the rumour of Judan Ali being nurtured by an experienced head then the only one who really fits the bill is Redknapp.

No other manager linked so far would (in effect) give up their own career to mentor their successor in 2 or 3 years time.

That said, I'll be amazed if we get Redknapp, and even surprised if we don't end up with Black being give the job full time.

Btw, 363 people reading on a Monday lunchtime...!

God knows , what is going on ..........

Only thing that is becoming apparent is that BLACKBURN ROVERS are a complete laughing stock ..

Run by incompetent fools !

You forgot to add.......and we have all known that for the last 20 months.

Harry is a no brainer for me even if it's for 18 months.

This is the real issue here IMO. The idea of getting a young, progressive manager to overhaul the training methods, change the mentality at the club, set something long term in motion etc. is one I like. In the long term that's smart, and trying to do what Porto has done with first Mourinho and then Villas-Boas along with ridiculously good player trading is certainly something to strive for.

But right now is not the time. Rovers is a club in turmoil, and a club that will be in financial meltdown mode unless we get promoted this season or next (And next season it will be much harder). There's just no time for a large rebuilding project. Results need to come straight away, and it's imperative that we get back to the Premiership. This is something an experienced manager will have a much greater chance of doing.

The time to appoint a Sherwood type of characters would've been if we hadn't gambled on keeping all our expensive players and invested in Best, Rhodes, Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes etc. With the 40% wage cuts for relegation, with all the players we've lost and not replaced in the last 18 months (Nelsen, Samba, Salgado, Roberts, Grella, Andrews, Emerton, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Kalinic etc) I'd imagine that our actual wage bill before the transfer window opened was in pretty good shape for a newly relegated club. Had we then continued by selling (Or trying to anyway) as many of the high earners as we could, one plan could've been to essentially do a rebuilding project with the goal of promotion within the four years that the parachute money lasted.

But no point discussing the merits of that idea now as it wasn't what we did. Instead the club gambled everything on promotion this season. If we can achieve that, whatever it cost would've been worth it. Which is why even hiring someone like Redknapp until the end of the season, with a massive promotion bonus, can be a good move. Even if there's 0% of him staying on afterwards. That kind of contract is the only way I can see someone of his calibre taking the job, as it's a win-win for him. Gain promotion, and he'll have plenty of opportunities to choose from come the summer. Fail, and he'll be able to point to Venky's and say that it's impossible to work under such circumstances, and he'll still have his reputation largely intact.

I like Henning Berg, always have, BUT if he couldn't perform at a club in crisis (in Norway) then he wont fare much better here!

both hughes and redknapp has had less succesfull periods as managers in their careers, it doesnt necessarily make them bad managers.

i admit Henning Berg would be a risk, we may not go up on the first try, but at least we will get some of our club back. He has strong opionions both as a manager and as to why our club is in the current situation. With henning in charge there is a slight chance he could be able to convince venkys to take John williams back, and that alone will be a good enough reason to support him imo.

out of our current former players who has been rumored (sherwood, shearer and mckinlay) henning berg has far more experience than them.

Archived