BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know anything regarding Nixon's comments from yesterday Kamy and also if they have spoken to some people more than once?

For me it sounds like a mind baffling process. You should have more than one conversation with a potential employee before hiring them?

The organisation required to speak to someone twice would probably be beyond their skills. We should not expect such a feat of logistical prowess.

Based on what Kammy has just written my understanding is that Berg is the last manager they are interviewing. There has been no indication whatsoever that Arry has been approached let alone interviewed. Given that Shebby has advised the manager is to be appointed by Wednesday I can't see it happening. Shame really as he would have been my choice out of the available bunch.

Calm down guys, while I have no idea on who is going to be eventually appointed they are at the moment going through the process that they embarked upon on Thursday to interview as many as possible on their shortlist. I believe that this process finishes with Berg being interviewed, a decision on who the first choice and backup choice will then be made. Shebby et al are very confident that the chosen one will be in place well before the game on Saturday.

Let's see what this week brings.

Heard that one before.

They interview 5 weeks after the previous lump leaves.

Difficult to not get aerated about it.

Based on what Kammy has just written my understanding is that Berg is the last manager they are interviewing. There has been no indication whatsoever that Arry has been approached let alone interviewed. Given that Shebby has advised the manager is to be appointed by Wednesday I can't see it happening. Shame really as he would have been my choice out of the available bunch.

There has been detailed contact with Redknapp.

That is why I am so depressed that they haven't already appointed him and the LT is reporting his demands are too big.

His demand is in fact very reasonable when you consider what a place in the PL next season is worth.

Of course Shebby is probably unaware of the new PL media deal...

That is why I am so depressed that they haven't already appointed him and the LT is reporting his demands are too big.

His demand is in fact very reasonable when you consider what a place in the PL next season is worth.

Has Redknapp been interviewed?

In that case this makes the situation all the more ridiculous and indeed depressing.

Shebby must be looking at some old Match Annuals he found in the Brockhall cupboards or something. Anyone who was a former player seems to be part of the 'must have' criteria for him, which is quite frankly stupid. I can see why he is trying to do it; he thinks a former player will be given the time from the fans even if he turns out to be a bit crap in the short term. Well Shebby I think you are underestimating the Rovers fan. If a manager is rubbish and is doing a poor job then they will soon point it out, that will most certainly be the case after the last disastrous appointment.

I and I suspect many other fans really do not care who the new manager played for in his football career. All that matters is that this manager comes in with fresh ideas, introduces a level of discipline, gets the players fit and has Rovers pushing for promotion - you said it yourself Shebby it is promotion or bust this season. This can be achieved by many managers out there and none of them have links to Rovers.

Again using veiled scandalmongering without any facts.

I'd hate to hear you're take on "911"

I don't know who the Kean you are but there is nothing veiled or scandalmongering about the post you are simpering about.

I've been one of Philipl's biggest critics on here but I don't think he's been scaremongering over the past couple of days. In fact, he's been quite the opposite and I've found myself agreeing with most of his posts - for the first time in ages.

Archived