BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presumably that was Holloway laying down the law, and Mr Singh didn't like it one bit.

Ridiculous, really. Holloway is a football man, steeped in the traditions of the British game. Who's Singh? I'll tell you who he is.

A keaning nobody.

That's who venky's like to employ, nobodies.

Do you know the identity of the potential manager?

If true, very unprofessional, regardless. Is Singh cracking?

There's speculation that Singh is 'in trouble' - see posts from earlier in week.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Holloway appointed and Singh sacked within 48 hours.

Wonder if shaw was offering job to Ollie and Shebby spat his dummy.

I mean how the hell can interviews with potential managers work when Shaw and Shebby both have completely different ideas of who should manage the team.

What a mess, with our owners previous record for rectifying bad appointments how the hell can Shebby be in charge of finding a new man.....why does every decision have to appear to be so difficult.

heard the same.

Reckon its Karl Robinson as next manager.

messageboard meltdown

I'm not opposed to Karl Robinson as he's a huge improvement over Kean.

If news stories are true, I'd be concerned that:

1. We could easily do better (Holloway, Redknapp, OSG) except for Shebby's delusions of being a football genius.

2. If Shebby is willing to hire him, does that mean Shebby thinks he can interfere (or "assist") in tactics, team selection and management?

3. If yes, surely the owners (or the board) know that Shebby's meddling (or "assisting") will undermine the team's performance? If your manager is able to make decisions, why should the egomaniacs on the field listen to him or respect his authority? After all, there is always an appeal to Shebby's ego.

The only way Robinson would have a chance of being his own man, and performing to his results to date, is if Shebby is returned to Asia to manage the academies. Otherwise I fear too many cooks in the kitchen.

Presumably that was Holloway laying down the law, and Mr Singh didn't like it one bit.

Ridiculous, really. Holloway is a football man, steeped in the traditions of the British game. Who's Singh? I'll tell you who he is.

A keaning nobody.

That's who venky's like to employ, nobodies.

Maybe Holloway accidentally walked through the wardrobe located at the back of the board room and entered Narnia. He soon discovered that Shebby was actually Aslan.

Come on, can we please stick to the facts rather than speculating on a 142 character tweet.

This process has taken longer than we expected however if we get a good manager this week it will be worth it. Look a Rhodes, many people, including myself, doubted that we would pull it off but we did.

Just for you, a hard core between 4000 and 8000,which you are obviously not one,your one of the 7000 who jump on the bandwagon when we are doing well,what we call a part time supporter,any way we are off topic here,who would you like for a manager,would Harry tempt you back,Ollie possibly,Kean has gone you know you can come back and support the team.

Tempt me back - though I didn't renew my season ticket - I have still been to most home matches. As you are obviously a far more dedicated fan than me - I am sure you must have renewed yours and been to every away match - including all pre-season friendlies and reserve and youth matches. In terms of preference - OGS, Holloway (lots of rumours in Blackpool he had an interview on Saturday evening), Harry in that order - wouldn't be too disappointed to see Shearer appointed either.

P.S. A hard core between 4k and 8k doesn't actually make 8k

What makes you say that chaddy?

Would be a damp quid of an end to our search, there are better alternatives.

Just cant see Holloway working for SS.

SS was at Sky Sports studio on Thursday night and the SSN are reporting the Karl Robinson is a serious contender for the job the morning after. Did SS give them a hint? was Shebby down there also interviewing him? who knows.

I am a fan of Karl Robinson. done a good job at MK dons. I think he would be a good manager for us but I dont think he would get a fair chance with some fans already saying they wont go again with him as manager.

Maybe Holloway accidentally walked through the wardrobe located at the back of the board room and entered Narnia. He soon discovered that Shebby was actually Aslan.

Come on, can we please stick to the facts rather than speculating on a 142 character tweet.

This process has taken longer than we expected however if we get a good manager this week it will be worth it. Look a Rhodes, many people, including myself, doubted that we would pull it off but we did.

Facts? The only fact is 4 weeks have gone by, and we still have no manager.

Yes, we got Rhodes, but only after the club embarrassed itself by haggling over the money. And the fact that we bought Rhodes is of no real relevance when it comes to identifying, selecting and acquiring a new manager.

Until such a time as a new manager actually arrives (if one in fact does actually arrive), of course some of the more believable speculation will be a talking point. To try to stop that would be akin to trying to stop the waves coming in.

Just cant see Holloway working for SS.

SS was at Sky Sports studio on Thursday night and the SSN are reporting the Karl Robinson is a serious contender for the job the morning after. Did SS give them a hint? was Shebby down there also interviewing him? who knows.

I am a fan of Karl Robinson. done a good job at MK dons. I think he would be a good manager for us but I dont think he would get a fair chance wtith some fans already saying they wont go again with him as manager.

With good reason Chaddy. Nothing against Robinson, but more than ever before, Rovers need a pick-me-up. A good, competant manager with experience is essential. We cannot afford another experiment. We need a manager to come in now and give the players and the fans a bounce. Robinson is a long term project and not an immediate solution.

Facts? The only fact is 4 weeks have gone by, and we still have no manager.

Yes, we got Rhodes, but only after the club embarrassed itself by haggling over the money. And the fact that we bought Rhodes is of no real relevance when it comes to identifying, selecting and acquiring a new manager.

Until such a time as a new manager actually arrives (if one in fact does actually arrive), of course some of the more believable speculation will be a talking point. To try to stop that would be akin to trying to stop the waves coming in.

Agree

Always enjoy your posts Bryan. One of the better reads on here.

Archived