BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Seriously. The procrastination is 100% down to Singh frantically trying to find a way to position Ali in a way that will give him any chance of taking the club forward. He's been charged by Mrs D with making it happen, whatever the short term cost, despite all of the market intelligence that says it would cause complete meltdown. Her vision is to create a more marketable franchise for 'her club' in emerging Asian markets, particularly through establishing credibility amongst our East Lancashire potential fan base, and through providing a platform for the long term development of the proposition by appointing a manager with the correct (jher view) ethnicity. It is not Venky's policy (other than with Allardyce) to change their management structures often, and Ali will be given complete carte blanche to implement a long term strategy of his own design.

The only reason Shebby Singh has taken so long to pull the wrappers off Judan Ali, is the fact that he is afraid of the inevitable end of his tenure at the club, once this 'decision' which is already done and dusted, is put into effect. He is simply enjoying his '15 minutes of fame'. Mark my words, in 12 months, no one on here will remember who or what Shebby Singh ever was relative to the name of Blackburn Rovers. The Judan Ali dynasty is about to begin.

Horses Mouth. End of.

End of is absolutely right if your post is correct. If such an appointment or any version of your prediction comes to pass, that will be the end of my long and happy relationship with BRFC until the glorious day when the Venkys finally give up on their utterly stupid and futile attempt to try and turn OUR football club into a marketing tool for their Asian ambitions. And that really IS end of!!

66 years a supporter end of

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I correct you on something? "The fans" weren't screaming for communication, only certain ones were. Now we are in a situation where some of the fans who were screaming to be let into the loop, constantly flap their lips on Twitter etc. and feed this idiocy with any tit-bits of gossip they hear... and both are supposedly representing the club or fanbase! This is simply not the way a proffessional club should operate.

Shebby Singh and the way he conducts himself in such an unproffesional manner (texting fans, issuing false promises, slating players and popping himself on the mike without the ability of basic tact) is nothing but an attention whore and an embarassment. He needs to stop communicating by text etc. with people who are only fans and concentrate his communication solely on acquiring an established, experienced manager who has a fighting chance of healing the wounds of the club and stemming the flow of supporters who we have hemorrhaged since Nov 2010.

Good post and I agree with you, all I'm Saying is how do we know the club are not trying to do that. Yes the slating players was wrong and he apologized as soon as it happened I guess he was just being blunt and speaking his feelings out, he learnt pretty quickly that that was the wrong approach. I'm not trying to defend venkys or shebby, everyone involved at brfcs be it season ticket holder, other fans, locally and internationally, owners,players and staff are hurt by what has happened. Bolton etc are in a very different situation we are in a very brittle state and the wrong appointment will damage this club mentally and emotionally in a way that it may take very very long to recover from. Whilst the concerned people are trying to do their jobs we shouldn't be so negative in our thinking but encourage them. that's all I'm trying to say.

I'm in a minority but I'm happy to stick with Black, he's laying some solid foundation's, in time I believe he can add more goals too

I think you make a good point Dave, taking Arry and Holloway out of the equation, I'd keep Black in charge also.

Its absolute rubbish who on here believes that kean was trying to get us relegated?and this was all a master plan?what a joke, never heard such nonsense!Kean was just a terrible manager and the venkys are just jokers that have bought a football club and have no idea what to do with itso are being taken for a ride by clever agents and pundits (anderson and singh) there is no masterplan or conspiracy just some clowns in India a terrible (ex) manager and an egotistical football pundit!

End of is absolutely right if your post is correct. If such an appointment or any version of your prediction comes to pass, that will be the end of my long and happy relationship with BRFC until the glorious day when the Venkys finally give up on their utterly stupid and futile attempt to try and turn OUR football club into a marketing tool for their Asian ambitions. And that really IS end of!!

66 years a supporter end of

Hold on though. Marketing the club in Asia could actually be a very good idea, financially. The problem is that is phase 4 and we haven't even got phase 1 right yet!

Let's not jump the gun just yet. 'Arry with Ali as part of his coaching team would probably be broadly welcomed by supporters.

I'm in a minority but I'm happy to stick with Black, he's laying some solid foundation's, in time I believe he can add more goals too

I wouldn't say I'd be happy but I'd certainly be satisifed with him and glad a decison has been made, we need some stability and I think he's as good as/a better option, than most of the candidates.

Personally I'd still love to see us go for a Hoddle/Wilkins partnership or McCarthy but they seem unlikely options now.

I just hope we steer clear of Redknapp as I don't see him joining us for footballing reasons. He's still have my backing though, whoever gets the job I think it's going to be more important than ever to get behind the manager and the team.

• Backroom

Keeping Black in charge is also accepting a lengthily stay in this division IMO. A couple of late 1-0 wins against very poor teams shouldn't cloud anyone's judgement in that regard.

A shame how far Venky's have allowed expectations to fall, that a nobody like Eric Black is considered a viable candidate for the manager's position here just because we aren't conceding horrendous amounts of goals under his stewardship. Or perhaps it's a damning indictment of Venky's that nobody trusts them to appoint a manager any better than Black.

Keeping Black in charge is also accepting a lengthily stay in this division IMO. A couple of late 1-0 wins against very poor teams shouldn't cloud anyone's judgement in that regard.

A shame how far Venky's have allowed expectations to fall, that a nobody like Eric Black is considered a viable candidate for the manager's position here just because we aren't conceding horrendous amounts of goals under his stewardship. Or perhaps it's a damning indictment of Venky's that nobody trusts them to appoint a manager any better than Black.

I think that is it to be honest personally I really like Black as a person and think/hope he stays on as number 2 as a good manager who listens to him will find a helpful partner as he clearly has skills just look at our back four now!I dont think he should be manager however do I trust venkys?no not at all so would I take Black over ali,mckinley,les reed then yes absolutley I think that is where we are at.

Compared to coco black looks like mourinho!!

So Kean intentionally got us relegated? I wouldn't dare give him that much credit. He was a bad manager and an idiot, not a criminal mastermind. Same goes for Desai. Great story but even by Venkys standards, it would be ridiculous. The scary thing is that at least if it was true it proves they have a plan. Right now they just look completely clueless.

How long has he been in charge though? I would expect ANY manager to identify the first major flaw, the defence. Its a silly old comment but if you don't concede, you don't lose games.

Expecting the 'good presser' jibes too but he really does speak some sense, a breath of fresh air after the Kean nighmare.

Yeah, he really got us relegated on purpose. You could tell how gutted he was when we were three nil up at Wolves last game of his first half season in charge. Devestated.

How long has he been in charge though? I would expect ANY manager to identify the first major flaw, the defence. Its a silly old comment but if you don't concede, you don't lose games.

Expecting the 'good presser' jibes too but he really does speak some sense, a breath of fresh air after the Kean nighmare.

Whilst I don't want Black as manager, it's one thing identifying the manager, and another combatting it. Burnley have had a problem with their defence for as long as I can remember.

I think you make a good point Dave, taking Arry and Holloway out of the equation, I'd keep Black in charge also.

I couldn't disagree more GAV.

Imo Black's tactics are abysmal and the players have little or no interest in playing for him.

Still think he is a major part of the problem rather than the solution.

I wouldn't rule out relegation being procured for betting purposes but expert's piece is completely out there on its own.

Usually bits of stories circulate or there is a whisper or two but I have heard absolutely nothing like that before.

Back to the three musketeers entrusted with recommending the Manager.

It will be a miracle if this all ends well given the extent of incompetents involved.

I wouldn't rule out relegation being procured for betting purposes

I take it you wouldn't specifically rule it in either?

Someone should have told the players. Owners must have lost a fortune then when we won on the last day of the season before last v Wolves.

Doesn`t matter who takes over as manager, this whole club is like a dysfunctional family. In fact if we got J.W back with Mourinho as manager and Bill Gates as new owner things would be virtually the same. There are far too many people with opinions and far too many extremely gullible people that are running and following Rovers at the moment.

Hold on though. Marketing the club in Asia could actually be a very good idea, financially. The problem is that is phase 4 and we haven't even got phase 1 right yet!

Let's not jump the gun just yet. 'Arry with Ali as part of his coaching team would probably be broadly welcomed by supporters.

Agreed on both counts. Asia is the market of the future. Venkys are spot on when it comes to targeting it. Their execution, however, has been woeful.

And I'd take a Redknapp/Ali pairing, as I would a Holloway/Ali, OGS/Ali, etc. The main thing, short term, is an experienced successful manager. If Venkys want that manager to mentor Ali in some capacity, followed by a spell with a smaller club, the Indian national team and then the Rovers (if he demonstrates the ability) I have no problems with it. It's actually a good marketing plan, if he demonstrates the ability.

Agreed. I like Black and respect him, but I don't think he's the man to gain us promotion.

Don't be silly. But until some sense is re-installed at the club this will keep going round and round.

Spot on. Our board needs to act like professional adults. Instead we have Agnew, Shaw and Shebby. Until they are replaced by professionals, I don't see a lot of room for improvement. John Williams would sort it out in short order, if given the backing, but I don't see Venkys having either the sense or moral courage necessary to hire him back.

• Backroom

I appreciate he hasn't been in charge very long, and the clean sheets have been nice... but results aside we are still playing abysmal football and the players don't look motivated in the slightest. Most of our wins this season have hinged on two factors - our opponents being shockingly poor and us finding a moment of quality to nick a win. That's still very much the pattern under Black, just with less goals.

I said previously he's done well keeping a creaking ship going... but I cannot see us progressing far enough under Black to seriously push for the playoffs let alone promotion. We need a new man, with fresh ideas and a renewed focus. Black talks sense and knows what the issues are... but after doing a decent enough job in caretaker capacity he needs to step aside and let a proper manager take the club forward. He's certainly done his CV no harm with this short stint.

I wouldn't rule out relegation being procured for betting purposes but expert's piece is completely out there on its own.

Usually bits of stories circulate or there is a whisper or two but I have heard absolutely nothing like that before.

Back to the three musketeers entrusted with recommending the Manager.

It will be a miracle if this all ends well given the extent of incompetents involved.

Right stop it now with these silly little tit-bits.

YOU got battered off your ex didn't you? :)

Archived