BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thought re OGS' odds coming in this afternoon... Molde had a game at 6pm (they've just beaten Rosenberg to go 3 points clear) Could he have made a comment pre-game re his future? Not neccessarily directly relating to Rovers but if he's come out and made noises that this season could be his last at Molde it may explain the shift in odds.

His odds haven't coime in a great deal, more that the others have gone out.

As someone else said the bookies won't have much more of a clue on this one than we do at the moment.

Holloway will remain the big favourite until either he rules himself out or someone else gets strongly linked like Redknapp the other day who has now drifted back out again.

Sherwood was something like 1/3 on at one point, McKinlay was as ridiculous as 1/7 on. The odds can be a good hint at times but sometimes they mean sod all. For a start for the bookies to know who's favourite we'd have to actually decide ourselves who we even wan't, I don't think we've even done that yet.

The only thing that really surprises me is Black still being as high as 33/1 on some sites, I'd have thought he'd have been at least second favourite almost by default. (Speaking of which I wonder how long he'd have to be in charge before the bookies pay out on him!)

I would agree that the betting patterns have been so changeable that you might as well read bloody tea leaves.

I doubt there's been a candidate who's been in the top three odds since we started looking, and even if there was, he probably won't get it. Truth be told, the bookies have no more of an idea than we do. And to be even more frank, I doubt whoever makes the decisions at Ewood knows any better either.

This fumbling indecision and disorganisation is slowly killing the club. It's incredibly frustrating for all who care about rovers, and if I see Singh being quoted as pleading for more time just once more I shall have to put my foot through the keaning telly. It's enough to make a bishop kick in a stained glass window. Come on, for Christ's sakes. It's total paralysis.

@reluctantnicko: @Lifeinstripes U can't take a process seriously when your two 'top' men meet a boss - and one walks out halfway through the chat.

He's added that the new manager is' as far away as has been'.

Depressing if true and someone needs to bang Shebby and Shaw' s heads together.

• Backroom

We're run by clowns, but everybody knows this. I said half-jokingly a week ago that Ipswich will have a new manager before we do... but they actually will do.

I imagine the fact we're winning games under Black also gives Shebby and the rest of the morons further excuse to prolong the search and feel no pressure to make an appointment.

As a 49 year old, with 35 years service (I have played school football/amateur football on Sats which meant I couldn't go to every match when younger) I have a choice. I have spent small fortunes as a fan/sponsor supporting MY team -I take exception to anyone who says I should go to games regardless - but still I RESPECT your decision to attend. That means I have watched good times and bad. I will not apologise for not being there in th 70's, when if I'd have given up playing football I could have been. Gutted when I wasn't at Bury (wasn't it) when the ground rocked. I was at Preston, FMCF, Anfield, Wembley, Cardiff, and at many absolutely excruciatingly terrible performances over all that period. What upsets me is that the schism caused by our incompetent owners has brought us all to this awful infighting. I just don't enjoy the Ewood experience any more. I want a proper manager. If SS gets it wrong, I for one won't be back, and I won't be taking my 12 year old, a potential life long fan!

Shebby has said that the new manager will be in place this week, so has to deliever on his promise.

So, after a month we could end up with an inappropriate panic appointment to fulfil a half-baked bullkean promise?

Sadly, this sounds a very plausible scenario, unfortunately.

• Backroom

I've never been involved in professional football in my life, yet I'm pretty sure I couldn't take an interview with a fool like Shebby Singh seriously. Goodness knows how a professional manager must feel being questioned by a pundit whose previous best claim to fame in this country was his quip that Steven Gerrard's natural position is right back.

So, after a month we could end up with an inappropriate panic appointment to fulfil a half-baked bullkean promise?

Sadly, this sounds a very plausible scenario, unfortunately.

why a panic appointment???

Shebby has mess around chasing to Sherwood and McKinlay for 3 weeks.

we just have appoint a new manager in the international break but SS mess about again.

This is a mess made by Shebby.

Archived