BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I was going when we were in the old third division playing the likes of Rochdale and Halifax Town etc. That was a few seasons after watching what I still consider the most entertaining team Rovers have ever fielded. I won't be back at Ewood whilst the Venkies are our owners, they are a cancer that will kill the club if left to their own devices.

Me too. It breaks my heart to say it and to act on it (again) but I will NOT waste my time and money on a 15 hr round trip each time to support this complete bloody shambles.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not!

No, just be people who a) don't care about football, only money and B) don't care about the short term, only the big picture.

Judan Ali will be the long term manager of Blackburn Rovers. He will arrive as Number 2 to an experience 'marquee' manager whose job will be to guide Rovers back to the Premier League. Once that is accomplished, Judan Ali will be promoted from within to become manager.Lets come back in 12 months and see who is correct eh? My money (literally) is on this scenario.

We will not get promoted under Venkys so that scenario wont happen, a new regime wouldnt even consider him. I am told there will not be players willing to sign for the club with a trumped up novice in charge, even more so after Kean. Ali will fail as he is untried anywhere and a joke figure amongst the London basede players!

I do feel that some posters reflect a section of the Rovers support who are in a perpetual state of anger and hate.

Venkys and their surrogates have abused supporters for two years. After awhile that behavior will twist hearts. If Venkys want to know why a section of fans are in a perpetual state of anger and hate, they should look in a mirror. They've disgraced themselves.

And keep in mind, they did NOT fire Kean. Kean resigned. Venkys appeared wiling to let the Kean problem grow and fester, to the detriment of the fans, and they appear to let the manager "search" continue indefinitely.

I think it comes down to a lack of leadership and integrity. Leadership does not require that one be a football expert, only that you find the right people and set the right example. Integrity means the ability to confess a mistake, adjust course and move on. Venkys have demonstrated neither as of yet.

John Williams is never going to return, I wish people would start to realise this

John Williams would return if ask to. even if it was just as a director of the club and advise Shebby on football matters

Been told be several insiders that John Williams would return if asked. Still cares a lot about the club and he's saddened we've dropped like a stone. Getting him back is as important as getting a good manager IMO. If he was here we would already have one by now.

John Williams would restore professionalism to the club. Unfortunately, if Venkys were to approach Williams it would be an implied admission they made an error. It does not appear that Venkys admits mistakes.

SS wants a director of football role at rovers in my view.

Which would be a disaster.

a realisation that, although one of the clowns had gone, the circus would carry on regardless.

A new manager of proven quality would have seen a significantly bigger crowd.

I think this is accurate. For two weeks I felt euphoric that Kean was gone. Then nothing happened, except per news reports the creating of multiple lists, bumbling contacts, floating of entirely inappropriate candidates, neglecting managers who would see us promoted, and the inability of our board to work cooperatively.

Clowns indeed.

. . .what Shebby Singh has been doing is trying to find an experienced lead man to work as temporary mentor to Judan Ali, who will be the long term manager of the Rovers..

This was one wild conspiracy theory. Why would they need to relegate the club to appoint their own people?

And the above bit isn't as horrible as it seems. At least they recognize Judan Ali is not ready for a club like the Rovers and want to see him trained and give him some experience.

Rubbish. Many of the fans who are staying away have supported the Club through thick and thin for DECADES! They're not fickle Johnny -come-latelys,

they are seasoned veterans of the lower leagues. You don't know what you are talking about.

DavidMailsTightPerm, on 28 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

The thing is mate I do what I'm talking about,we have a hard core 8000,always had,the next 7000 jump in when we are doing ok in the premier and another 3000 pick their matches,please don't insult me saying we are worse off now than the dark days 3rd div,Jim Iley etc,

we know what the Venkys are,but we can't change them,and if people can't be arsed to follow their team in good or bad times they ARE NOT true supporters and never will be.SUPPORT your team not the owners.

Venkys and their surrogates have abused supporters for two years. After awhile that behavior will twist hearts. If Venkys want to know why a section of fans are in a perpetual state of anger and hate, they should look in a mirror. They've disgraced themselves.

BOOM! I am having that. Well said Steve Moss.

The reason is that, as ever, decisions are not being made locally, but set in India by Mrs D. She has decreed that this is the time to establish an Asian-oriented football brand that is clearly differentiated from all of the existing outfits bar none. Part of the strategy was indeed to see Rovers relegated (temporarily was the plan) in order to create conditions to underpin massive change, with a completely ground up approach across all levels of the club thereafter. I would care to submit to you all that the evidence for this is clear, with a complete clean slate in practically every area of the club. The main reason that things are taking so long is not because of the shortage of conventional candidates for the managers role, but actually because what Shebby Singh has been doing is trying to find an experienced lead man to work as temporary mentor to Judan Ali, who will be the long term manager of the Rovers. At the end of the day we have all been hoodwinked by a grand plan, whose actors have included Coco (whose 'job' was to see Rovers out of the Premier League), and whose underlying major goal is the establishment of conditions for the development of the biggest branded 'Asian' football club in the world.

Welcome to Venky Rovers. 20,000 native fans at home games, watched by 200 million adoring fans around the world.

Like chickens to the slaughter. all of us.

:brfc:

Are you Dan Brown? Is this the follow up to The Da Vinci Code?

You would have thought if close it would have leaked out by now, like everything else has - last week was a soap opera with Mckinley , Harry, Flitcroft etc

Maybe Shebby is having his final phone call with Gerrry Armstrong just to check he verifies it.

Rubbish. Many of the fans who are staying away have supported the Club through thick and thin for DECADES! They're not fickle Johnny -come-latelys,

they are seasoned veterans of the lower leagues. You don't know what you are talking about.

DavidMailsTightPerm, on 28 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

The thing is mate I do what I'm talking about,we have a hard core 8000,always had,the next 7000 jump in when we are doing ok in the premier and another 3000 pick their matches,please don't insult me saying we are worse off now than the dark days 3rd div,Jim Iley etc,

we know what the Venkys are,but we can't change them,and if people can't be arsed to follow their team in good or bad times they ARE NOT true supporters and never will be.SUPPORT your team not the owners.

Edit: I am one of those seasoned veterans and whilst I respect the freedom of the individual to make his/her own choice I tend to agree with DMTP.

You should ideally support your team through thick and thin and not pick and choose your attendance because you don't like the manager/owners/style of play/whatever.

Surely IF an appointment was going to be made Tuesday/Wednesday we must be close to finalising an agreement with someone? Key word being 'if' there.

They haven't even decided on their top two candidates, allegedly. That's supposed to be tomorrow morning.

I would be delighted if 'Arry were appointed.

Of the runners and riders, he is the most certain to guide us to promotion this season.

Ah, hey, philipl! Good to see you! Your role has just been taken by The Expert. I hope you've got news of your own to overwrite his, or at least confirm what he said.

Ah, hey, philipl! Good to see you! Your role has just been taken by The Expert. I hope you've got news of your own to overwrite his, or at least confirm what he said.

If the expert really was the expert, he would know differently to what he has posted!!

The reason is that, as ever, decisions are not being made locally, but set in India by Mrs D. She has decreed that this is the time to establish an Asian-oriented football brand that is clearly differentiated from all of the existing outfits bar none. Part of the strategy was indeed to see Rovers relegated (temporarily was the plan) in order to create conditions to underpin massive change, with a completely ground up approach across all levels of the club thereafter. I would care to submit to you all that the evidence for this is clear, with a complete clean slate in practically every area of the club. The main reason that things are taking so long is not because of the shortage of conventional candidates for the managers role, but actually because what Shebby Singh has been doing is trying to find an experienced lead man to work as temporary mentor to Judan Ali, who will be the long term manager of the Rovers. At the end of the day we have all been hoodwinked by a grand plan, whose actors have included Coco (whose 'job' was to see Rovers out of the Premier League), and whose underlying major goal is the establishment of conditions for the development of the biggest branded 'Asian' football club in the world.

Welcome to Venky Rovers. 20,000 native fans at home games, watched by 200 million adoring fans around the world.

Cool story, bro.

You really think Mrs. Desai cares enough for such a master plan?

Cool story, bro.

You really think Mrs. Desai cares enough for such a master plan?

She knows a very good thinker when she sees one so she might be a very good thinker herself.

The current delay for the next manager is because Shebby and Derek are struggling with Steam to load the Football Manager 2013 demo and check the stats of the managers they want. Gareth Southgate has very high stats on it so has become the front runner.

Hang on. When venkys took over fans were screaming for some communication from the owners and none came. Finally someone comes in who is open to the fans who attends fans group meetings to try and communicate and listen to fans opinions and he gets slated. Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man. If he didn't care about fans opinions as you say mckinlay would be our manager right now and there would be even more backlash. Yes venkys made a lot of mistakes when they came in, this was due to bad advise. I would love to see JW back at the club and maybe it will happen soon. Times are not great at our club but what we need to do is stick together and stop being so negative.

Can I correct you on something? "The fans" weren't screaming for communication, only certain ones were. Now we are in a situation where some of the fans who were screaming to be let into the loop, constantly flap their lips on Twitter etc. and feed this idiocy with any tit-bits of gossip they hear... and both are supposedly representing the club or fanbase! This is simply not the way a proffessional club should operate.

Shebby Singh and the way he conducts himself in such an unproffesional manner (texting fans, issuing false promises, slating players and popping himself on the mike without the ability of basic tact) is nothing but an attention whore and an embarassment. He needs to stop communicating by text etc. with people who are only fans and concentrate his communication solely on acquiring an established, experienced manager who has a fighting chance of healing the wounds of the club and stemming the flow of supporters who we have hemorrhaged since Nov 2010.

Not defending Shebby at all but the only reason he's making a mockery of the whole thing is because he's being allowed to do so. He may be a problem at the club, the ex manager was no doubt an even bigger one but in my mind it just re-emphasises what we've always known, the owners are the biggest problem at the club and I can't see us ever moving forward with them in charge.

With the all the s**t going on, rumours, Kean leaving, ridiculous new manager search, there are still big question marks over how financially stable we are. Some believe if we fail to get promotion this season we could face big problems.

Just the time for a novice to come in and steady the promotion ship....

So, the 'horses mouth' posts earlier were not true then?

Earlier today he was joining as manager, now just as an apprentice to be mentored into the role.

Another ITK not ITK

Archived