BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appointing Black based purely on his performance to date would be utter folly. Not because they have been good or bad, but because the new manager must be able to stand up to the owners and Singh, as well as being able to move the club forward in the transfer market and maybe even compete as a manager in the PL. A few clean sheets is no way to judge any managers credentials.

So true my friend,any excuse Kean Venkys your right most of them is because we're in the championship.

Rubbish. Many of the fans who are staying away have supported the Club through thick and thin for DECADES! They're not fickle Johnny -come-latelys,

they are seasoned veterans of the lower leagues. You don't know what you are talking about.

Perhaps Redknapp is too expensive - at the end of the day 13k crowds won't support any more expenditure.

Its actually the other way round---if Redknapp were appointed we wouldn't get 13k crowds.

Shebby is a prize tool. He obviously holds some sort of power at Ewood because he is very good at grinding the wheels of motion to a halt but doesn't have the power or overall say that can appoint a manager. He loves the limelight, loves the interaction with the self-appointed fan spokesmen and clearly doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart. I have no doubt he is another Steve Kean who wants to single-handedly run the club without the actual ability or know-how and given half a chance he would be in the dug-out.

So many fans away from Ewood have no idea what it's like being a Rovers fan, putting up with this friggin circus. No fan should have to really think of these people. It should be us discussing results, performances and bad refereeing decisions like the good old days. Now we know the names of every single idiot at the club and have to try to predict which idiotic action will come next...when they finally make one.

He says so that he's picking the team and tactics.

do you have any evidence that he's not???

Lol of course i don't. I don't have access to the club in terms of i'm not there to secretly record conversations or anything. Just because you can't share evidence, doesn't mean nothing's happening. Black did once make reference to it after the Forest away game in his post-match comments though.

Without bringing up a huge legal dispute, a couple of agents that I know have suggested certain things are happening at Ewood but no journo can get any evidence of any wrong-doing, even from agents. That doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Harry would have been better England mgr than Roy. But he needs a budget of 3-4 times our size. Could be immediate promotion then medium term bankruptcy. He'll go to QPR. OGS the closest to the Hughes model of 10 yrs ago. Great ex-player. Will deal with the fitness problem. We will not have to pay Molde lots for release. Real managerial success there. Will make do on a very medium to limited budget. McKinlay or Flitcroft have no status and will be completely dominated by Pune. Not OGS. We need to be a big patient and stay with Black till OGS is free.

Lol of course i don't. I don't have access to the club in terms of i'm not there to secretly record conversations or anything. Just because you can't share evidence, doesn't mean nothing's happening. Black did once make reference to it after the Forest away game in his post-match comments though.

Without bringing up a huge legal dispute, a couple of agents that I know have suggested certain things are happening at Ewood but no journo can get any evidence of any wrong-doing, even from agents. That doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Even less likely to mean it is. Extraordinary claims usually require extraordinary evidence, on here they just require "I've heard a whisper"

Who, specifically, do you personally think is picking the team?

Its actually the other way round---if Redknapp were appointed we wouldn't get 13k crowds.

Initially no - bit like when we sacked Kean - crowds improved for one match and then fell away again. What has to be considered - would the crowds continue if they appointed him - personally not so sure they would. Best thing they can do - if they appoint on Wednesday - is issue a new season ticket, using a pro-rota price - only way we will continue with increased crowds is if we can swell the season ticket numbers back to what they were.

Shebby is a prize tool. He obviously holds some sort of power at Ewood because he is very good at grinding the wheels of motion to a halt but doesn't have the power or overall say that can appoint a manager. He loves the limelight, loves the interaction with the self-appointed fan spokesmen and clearly doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart. I have no doubt he is another Steve Kean who wants to single-handedly run the club without the actual ability or know-how and given half a chance he would be in the dug-out.

So many fans away from Ewood have no idea what it's like being a Rovers fan, putting up with this friggin circus. No fan should have to really think of these people. It should be us discussing results, performances and bad refereeing decisions like the good old days. Now we know the names of every single idiot at the club and have to try to predict which idiotic action will come next...when they finally make one.

Oh dear, I can really feel the pain in this post.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm counting the days until we get our club back. Hopefully that will be when these people decide to sell up, but we cannot preclude the possibilities of it either being a messy exit or selling on to similarly negligent ignorant owners.

Even less likely to mean it is. Extraordinary claims usually require extraordinary evidence, on here they just require "I've heard a whisper"

Who, specifically, do you personally think is picking the team?

Black and Singh. Singh tells Black who he thinks should be playing, Black picks team with Singh's suggestions in mind. Shouldn't happen that way. Manager should pick team without somebody breathing down his neck.

These aren't whispers, they are well known, certainly within the agent world and with certain journos. The problem is, there is no visual proof. Moving the financing of the club over to India doesn't help either.

Btw, Toronto is a beautiful place, grew up there for a while as kid and have loads of relatives living in the city nr. Eglington. You lucky devil! lol

Initially no - bit like when we sacked Kean - crowds improved for one match and then fell away again. What has to be considered - would the crowds continue if they appointed him - personally not so sure they would. Best thing they can do - if they appoint on Wednesday - is issue a new season ticket, using a pro-rota price - only way we will continue with increased crowds is if we can swell the season ticket numbers back to what they were.

Crowd fell away for 2 reasons-------one of the most dire exhibitions of football ever seen-------a real let-down

a realisation that, although one of the clowns had gone, the circus would carry on regardless.

A new manager of proven quality would have seen a significantly bigger crowd.

Same with Holloway mate. He's willing to come allegedly, but he's not liked. Too forthright is what I've heard.

Even though it's imperative that we get a new manager, I think the biggest challenge is changing the way that the club is operated. Would someone like Ian Holloway allow himself to be dictated to on team selection and transfer policy? Would he hell. And I doubt there are many serious managers out there - the type of one we need to solve the mess that we are in - that would. We could easily appoint the likes of Kean again, someone who is happy to do what he is told, as he is in a job, at a good level and getting well paid, so will keep his mouth shut. But then we'd be back to square one.

This is where the problem lays IMO. Will Singh and Venky's be contrite enough to admit that there way hasn't worked and now is the time to let people who know what they are doing, do the job they are employed for, without meddling from onhigh? This is the difficult part. If they were to interview Harry Redknapp, Ian Holloway or another serious manager and the candidate said to them that they needed complete control over transfer targets and team selection, otherwise its a no go, I don't know if the owners and Singh could accept being sidelined in that manner as it is obvious to me that they want to have a far bigger say in team affairs than they are qualified for. I think this has something to do with the delays in naming a new manager.

Black and Singh. Singh tells Black who he thinks should be playing, Black picks team with Singh's suggestions in mind. Shouldn't happen that way. Manager should pick team without somebody breathing down his neck.

These aren't whispers, they are well known, certainly within the agent world and with certain journos. The problem is, there is no visual proof. Moving the financing of the club over to India doesn't help either.

Btw, Toronto is a beautiful place, grew up there for a while as kid and have loads of relatives living in the city nr. Eglington. You lucky devil! lol

Well known whispers then.

Best time of the year here atm!

John Williams would return if ask to. even if it was just as a director of the club and advise Shebby on football matters

Chaddy, your argument is flawed on two counts.

Firstly, why have a feckin advisor if he needs to be advised !!!

Secondly, as though Shebby would listen !!!

Seriously. The procrastination is 100% down to Singh frantically trying to find a way to position Ali in a way that will give him any chance of taking the club forward. He's been charged by Mrs D with making it happen, whatever the short term cost, despite all of the market intelligence that says it would cause complete meltdown. Her vision is to create a more marketable franchise for 'her club' in emerging Asian markets, particularly through establishing credibility amongst our East Lancashire potential fan base, and through providing a platform for the long term development of the proposition by appointing a manager with the correct (jher view) ethnicity. It is not Venky's policy (other than with Allardyce) to change their management structures often, and Ali will be given complete carte blanche to implement a long term strategy of his own design.

The only reason Shebby Singh has taken so long to pull the wrappers off Judan Ali, is the fact that he is afraid of the inevitable end of his tenure at the club, once this 'decision' which is already done and dusted, is put into effect. He is simply enjoying his '15 minutes of fame'. Mark my words, in 12 months, no one on here will remember who or what Shebby Singh ever was relative to the name of Blackburn Rovers. The Judan Ali dynasty is about to begin.

Horses Mouth. End of.

what agents and journos are these? can you tell us any names please?

Seriously. The procrastination is 100% down to Singh frantically trying to find a way to position Ali in a way that will give him any chance of taking the club forward. He's been charged by Mrs D with making it happen, whatever the short term cost, despite all of the market intelligence that says it would cause complete meltdown. Her vision is to create a more marketable franchise for 'her club' in emerging Asian markets, particularly through establishing credibility amongst our East Lancashire potential fan base, and through providing a platform for the long term development of the proposition by appointing a manager with the correct (jher view) ethnicity. It is not Venky's policy (other than with Allardyce) to change their management structures often, and Ali will be given complete carte blanche to implement a long term strategy of his own design.

The only reason Shebby Singh has taken so long to pull the wrappers off Judan Ali, is the fact that he is afraid of the inevitable end of his tenure at the club, once this 'decision' which is already done and dusted, is put into effect. He is simply enjoying his '15 minutes of fame'. Mark my words, in 12 months, no one on here will remember who or what Shebby Singh ever was relative to the name of Blackburn Rovers. The Judan Ali dynasty is about to begin.

Horses Mouth. End of.

all rumours yet again.

81613dfae2f280e8f092c3a5f66ebddd_normal.jpegJudan Ali@judanali

@10IMRANALDO10, its key irrespective of race, that we all work collectively to encourage the future of English football by promoting within

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in mo's of comfort & convenience, bt where he stands @ times of challnge & controversy

@clarkecarlisle5 @omid9 'Sleeping Giant: An Indian Football story’ film premiere next Wednseday Pls Spread the word RThttp://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/190912-kicking-and-screening-377040.aspx

Horses Mouth. End of.

As critical as I am of Venky's and Singh, I can't see this. McKinlay would definitely have been in the post if he was not a friend of Steve Kean. That's the only reason I say that.

Archived