BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Arry is not the answer as the last thing we need is a very expensive 65 year old 'part time' manager who would be commuting from Sandbanks. I think it could be a bit like John Bond and Burnley !

It's now exactly a month since Kean went and it is clear, in my view, that the big problem is Singh. IMO, he is proving as damaging to our club as Kean did.

Just why thew feck Kean wasn't fired back in June whilst in India is beyond me. Instead, the club is committed to several mult million pound contracts at the behest of Kean and can anyone say that this summer's investments will prove to be wise. IMO, we have, in the main, bought a right old crock of shyte.

What an absolute mess.

Under the right circumstances, I think John Williams would return as, following the very sad loss of his wife, he could well look forward to throwing himself into something. However, he would almost certainly want the same level of control that he previously enjoyed. Without a change in ownership, this might be our only salvation.

looks like its a young manager we after than.

SS wants a director of football role at rovers in my view.

Almost correct. Shebby wants a young manager. Shaw wants an experienced manager and at the moment appears to be talking a lot more sense.

Initially no - bit like when we sacked Kean - crowds improved for one match and then fell away again.

This bugs me a bit. Kean resigned. He was not sacked, if he hadn't left he would still be here. No doubt. Let's keep it accurate. That is all.

We need a new Topic: "Have the Venkys and their henchman done anything right?"

In retrospect I cannot think of anything,maybe signing Rhodes.

The case of Simon Vuckevic and the over-payment of Murphy and his 2 year Contract;the removal of so much experience etc last season.

This is why they do not want an experienced Manager or Board. They want a puppet.

We want our Club back. The malaise is still there.

And Keano resigned from our pressure . It was a Venkys 'non-decision'.

Still not sure if that's true about a puppet. Seems there's only one person who wants that at the minute. Venkys just want back into PL at any cost so they get the telly money and publicity. Balaji put a hell of his own money on the line to buy players as he wants us promoted at any cost.

Still not sure if that's true about a puppet. Seems there's only one person who wants that at the minute. Venkys just want back into PL at any cost so they get the telly money and publicity. Balaji put a hell of his own money on the line to buy players as he wants us promoted at any cost.

they should have thought of that before selling a premier league team.

they should have thought of that before selling a premier league team.

That's what you get for getting into something you know nothing about then getting the worst possible person to give you advice.

The trust have a lot to answer for in this too.

Ali has done the square root of kean all in football, he shouldn't be a candidate whatsoever. If he gets a lower league job and works through the leagues with some success then he may be an option worth looking at in the future, but until then people should stop touting him as an option.

Despite yesterday’s win I still don’t think Black is a good option, especially if we want to get promoted at the first time trying. We play some pretty dire ultra conservative football under him, a style that will be exposed when we actually play some of the better sides in this league in the battle for promotion.

With the clear lack of fitness levels at the club and players trying to get involved in the decision making process (Lowe pushing for Black for example) it has to be an external appointment for me. The new manager needs to go in there and shake the place up with fresh ideas and disicpline, an internal appointment won’t achieve that.

Ok, I'll try again.

What Black has done reminds me of what Hughes did. It wasn't pretty but he built a base from the back and then improved performances. This is the same. The difference with Kean is that before this season he'd already proved he couldn't build a decent team, he'd had two years to do so. There was no doubt to give him the benefit of. With Black there is, and that's what I'm doing.

I think you're right to an extent but whereas Hughes made sure we shut the back door through better defending, we have been very fortunate under Black that our opponents finishing has been woeful.

If we can reduce the opponents chances - particularly the really easy ones (that have luckily for us not been punished) then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

I suppose, at least with Black, we can "see what he's trying to do". ;)

Trust me if Ali was manager IL clense myself and get rid of anything brfc I own.

Me too, that would be the real end for me, we'd be a laughing stock and wouldnt be able to sign a player of note, unless they were an Indian C International!!

Bloody criminal what these stupid Indians are doing with out football club!!

• Backroom

Black has managed to get us to stop leaking goals, but Stuart's also absolutely correct in saying our opponents abject finishing has had a big part to play in that. Sheff Weds could have beaten us 3 or 4-1 had they put their chances away midweek. Black's doing the perfect job of holding this creaking ship together whilst we wait for a new manager to come in and actually fix the numerous problems we have.

Shebby is a prize tool. He obviously holds some sort of power at Ewood because he is very good at grinding the wheels of motion to a halt but doesn't have the power or overall say that can appoint a manager. He loves the limelight, loves the interaction with the self-appointed fan spokesmen and clearly doesn't have the best interests of the club at heart. I have no doubt he is another Steve Kean who wants to single-handedly run the club without the actual ability or know-how and given half a chance he would be in the dug-out.

So many fans away from Ewood have no idea what it's like being a Rovers fan, putting up with this friggin circus. No fan should have to really think of these people. It should be us discussing results, performances and bad refereeing decisions like the good old days. Now we know the names of every single idiot at the club and have to try to predict which idiotic action will come next...when they finally make one.

Hang on. When venkys took over fans were screaming for some communication from the owners and none came. Finally someone comes in who is open to the fans who attends fans group meetings to try and communicate and listen to fans opinions and he gets slated. Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man. If he didn't care about fans opinions as you say mckinlay would be our manager right now and there would be even more backlash. Yes venkys made a lot of mistakes when they came in, this was due to bad advise. I would love to see JW back at the club and maybe it will happen soon. Times are not great at our club but what we need to do is stick together and stop being so negative.

Archived