BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I wouldn't rule out relegation being procured for betting purposes but expert's piece is completely out there on its own.

Usually bits of stories circulate or there is a whisper or two but I have heard absolutely nothing like that before.

Back to the three musketeers entrusted with recommending the Manager.

It will be a miracle if this all ends well given the extent of incompetents involved.

The bets must have been placed after March 20th, when we'd gone on a 5 game run of only one defeat (to the eventual Champions).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn`t matter who takes over as manager, this whole club is like a dysfunctional family. In fact if we got J.W back with Mourinho as manager and Bill Gates as new owner things would be virtually the same. There are far too many people with opinions and far too many extremely gullible people that are running and following Rovers at the moment.

Completely disagree.

I think it was David Dein who said something like "The foundation of a healthy football Club begins is success on the pitch."

If we appointed a top quality manager and they were allowed to get on with the job,(which I guess is the caveat with Shebby about) then a lot of our other perceived problems would quickly disappear.

Keeping Black in charge is also accepting a lengthily stay in this division IMO. A couple of late 1-0 wins against very poor teams shouldn't cloud anyone's judgement in that regard.

A shame how far Venky's have allowed expectations to fall, that a nobody like Eric Black is considered a viable candidate for the manager's position here just because we aren't conceding horrendous amounts of goals under his stewardship. Or perhaps it's a damning indictment of Venky's that nobody trusts them to appoint a manager any better than Black.

Got it in one! Let's just get these keaning clowns out of our club ASAP. END OF!!!!!!

Rubbish. Many of the fans who are staying away have supported the Club through thick and thin for DECADES! They're not fickle Johnny -come-latelys,

they are seasoned veterans of the lower leagues. You don't know what you are talking about.

DavidMailsTightPerm, on 28 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

The thing is mate I do what I'm talking about,we have a hard core 8000,always had,the next 7000 jump in when we are doing ok in the premier and another 3000 pick their matches,please don't insult me saying we are worse off now than the dark days 3rd div,Jim Iley etc,

we know what the Venkys are,but we can't change them,and if people can't be arsed to follow their team in good or bad times they ARE NOT true supporters and never will be.SUPPORT your team not the owners.

Why am I being qouted here - never said any of that.

BTW - always 8000 core - strange I was there against Shrewsbury in 83 - attendance 3,797 (I think our lowest league gate)

Agreed on both counts. Asia is the market of the future. Venkys are spot on when it comes to targeting it. Their execution, however, has been woeful.

And I'd take a Redknapp/Ali pairing, as I would a Holloway/Ali, OGS/Ali, etc. The main thing, short term, is an experienced successful manager. If Venkys want that manager to mentor Ali in some capacity, followed by a spell with a smaller club, the Indian national team and then the Rovers (if he demonstrates the ability) I have no problems with it. It's actually a good marketing plan, if he demonstrates the ability.

Agreed. I like Black and respect him, but I don't think he's the man to gain us promotion.

Spot on. Our board needs to act like professional adults. Instead we have Agnew, Shaw and Shebby. Until they are replaced by professionals, I don't see a lot of room for improvement. John Williams would sort it out in short order, if given the backing, but I don't see Venkys having either the sense or moral courage necessary to hire him back.

But John Williams was writing letters to Venkys because things were happening that he wasn't sorting and couldnt sort.So why does everybody think that would be different now??

Venky's are scum and have to be removed and take their starry eyed Malaysian mate with them.The world can't get better with these looneys involved

BTW - always 8000 core - strange I was there against Shrewsbury in 83 - attendance 3,797 (I think our lowest league gate)

I was also there that day and had the programme too. Bob Saxton said in his managers notes something like:

'Thanks to all who have turned up today, for you are our hardcore fans"

But John Williams was writing letters to Venkys because things were happening that he wasn't sorting and couldnt sort.So why does everybody think that would be different now??

You are correct that at one point Venkys had the best chairman in the league (Williams) and then marginalized him to the point he resigned.

I believe Venksy did so based on advice from people they should not have listened to. In hindsight, they must realize that all of John Williams advice was honest and accurate. If they can get over the shame they should be feeling for letting such a quality man be pushed aside, they should realize that he is exactly what they need to get back on course, improve the team and dominate the Asian market.

JW will get them a good manager and a quality staff, which will improve results and help us return to the PL. He can assist them in their goal of developing Indian talent. Venkys can handle the Indian/Asian end. All in all, what Venkys is missing is quality on the ground management. Pre-Venkys with no cash JW had us as a top ten team. We need to return to that style of management to obtain the results necessary to keep us on stage in the world of soccer, which is key if Venkys wants to develop the Asian market.

Shebby/Shaw/Agnew are not up to the task. We all know who is. It's a shame that Venkys won't act on it.

sorry pal that was a quote from me Unsall,btw the 8000 is an average,smart arse,I know we had lower gates and yes I was there against Shewsbury

Im still waiting for my apology of the indian truffle hunters. They'd rather spend 8 million on Rhodes than apolgise and make an effort to sort their mess out instead they treated us as if we were naive stupid brats so bought us an 8 million pound toy so wed shut it!

• Backroom

I appreciate that Singh and the Venkys aren't the brightest matches in the box, but surely they aren't stupid enough to appoint Ali as manager.

...aren't they?

:huh:

These are the people who sacked JW and Tom Finn and replaced them with Vinny Rao, what do you reckon?

Im still waiting for my apology of the indian truffle hunters. They'd rather spend 8 million on Rhodes than apolgise and make an effort to sort their mess out instead they treated us as if we were naive stupid brats so bought us an 8 million pound toy so wed shut it!

Well you may not be happy with Rhodes, but I am. Especially after Best was injured.

I say credit where it's due to the owners on that one.

Its absolute rubbish who on here believes that kean was trying to get us relegated?and this was all a master plan?what a joke, never heard such nonsense!Kean was just a terrible manager and the venkys are just jokers that have bought a football club and have no idea what to do with itso are being taken for a ride by clever agents and pundits (anderson and singh) there is no masterplan or conspiracy just some clowns in India a terrible (ex) manager and an egotistical football pundit!

expalin spyurs game then,,,,not 1 shot.

I couldn't disagree more GAV.

Imo Black's tactics are abysmal and the players have little or no interest in playing for him.

Still think he is a major part of the problem rather than the solution.

He's already addressed the defensive problems we’ve suffered from since Allardyce left the club, so for that reason alone I’d give the lad a chance if we can’t get anyone better to fill the role.

expalin spyurs game then,,,,not 1 shot.

Terrible manager playing terrible tactics!!Explain the win at wolves and man united?they are funny results for someone trying to get relegated?please dont tell me you believe that crap from "the expert"?

Archived