BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man.

If he didn't care about fans opinions as you say mckinlay would be our manager right now and there would be even more backlash.

Both of these points are just not true though. Shebby has wasted too much time trying to court Sherwood who was never going to come without full assurances. When he realised, we were already two weeks into a search and there clearly was no plan B.

Then plan B came along in the form of Holloway and he has pretty much done everything he can to block that move.

McKinlay didn't happen because Mrs D saw an article on McKinlay and his best pal Steve Kean.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man. If he didn't care about fans opinions as you say mckinlay would be our manager right now and there would be even more backlash.

Two points unclejack.

Firstly, if Venky's really wanted the best manager they wouldn't be using Singh. and secondly, the fans [or BRAGAG] aren't responsible for rovers, so far, not recruiting McKinlay. Singh was showing his inexperience there, by expecting Derby to allow him to unsettle their man without actually knowing that he wanted him. Singh thought that he could walk into any other club and discuss taking their man without any committment whatsoever on his part.

There's no way Ali should be a Championship level manager at this time. By all means, bring him in as part of the coaching team and support his career - that would make some sense.

Despite the multitude of obvious reasons from our perspective, it would make no sense for Ali to accept. He needs to be nurtured and supported, not thrown off a cliff.

There's a reason people didn't want McKinlay but even he has played at the highest level like many of our players. A complete novice will simply become the next Kean.

Hang on. When venkys took over fans were screaming for some communication from the owners and none came. Finally someone comes in who is open to the fans who attends fans group meetings to try and communicate and listen to fans opinions and he gets slated. Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man. If he didn't care about fans opinions as you say mckinlay would be our manager right now and there would be even more backlash. Yes venkys made a lot of mistakes when they came in, this was due to bad advise. I would love to see JW back at the club and maybe it will happen soon. Times are not great at our club but what we need to do is stick together and stop being so negative.

If Shebby cared about the fans opinions we would have an appointment by now as the leader of two polls is more than interested in coming.

Hang on. When venkys took over fans were screaming for some communication from the owners and none came. Finally someone comes in who is open to the fans who attends fans group meetings to try and communicate and listen to fans opinions and he gets slated. Appointing the right manager is not easy and I'm sure the club (shebby included) are doing all they can to try and find the right man.

Some people need to wake up, Singh is out of his depth, has a mouth he can't keep shut, and should still be in Malaysia on the TV.

Bolton, burnley and Chesterfield have all but appointed new managers in less time that is taken us to even identify final targets. If we manage to attract Arry to Ewood Singh will have my respect, but I won't be holding my breath because the mans a joke and I doubt very much he evens knows how to contact Arry let alone appoint him as manager.

Both of these points are just not true though. Shebby has wasted too much time trying to court Sherwood who was never going to come without full assurances. When he realised, we were already two weeks into a search and there clearly was no plan B.

Then plan B came along in the form of Holloway and he has pretty much done everything he can to block that move.

McKinlay didn't happen because Mrs D saw an article on McKinlay and his best pal Steve Kean.

Not having a go at you or anything. Sherwood might have been plan a. Sherwood was approached and wanted to come however Tottenham didn't let him. We can only speculate on rumors as there are no facts on holloway on the article mrs d read. In regard to other managers maybe they are being interviewed as we speak. Some may have fees attached to them and all these details need to be analyzed. Honestly everyone on this forum and all supporters want a manager as soon as possible. Which ever man comes in be olly or arry or anyone there is going to be people having a go at the appointment but that's people's opinions, all I'm trying to say is they are trying to get a manager in, lets give them a chance to make that appointment without the negativity that is around at the moment.

There's no way Ali should be a Championship level manager at this time. By all means, bring him in as part of the coaching team and support his career - that would make some sense.

Despite the multitude of obvious reasons from our perspective, it would make no sense for Ali to accept. He needs to be nurtured and supported, not thrown off a cliff.

There's a reason people didn't want McKinlay but even he has played at the highest level like many of our players. A complete novice will simply become the next Kean.

The reason is that, as ever, decisions are not being made locally, but set in India by Mrs D. She has decreed that this is the time to establish an Asian-oriented football brand that is clearly differentiated from all of the existing outfits bar none. Part of the strategy was indeed to see Rovers relegated (temporarily was the plan) in order to create conditions to underpin massive change, with a completely ground up approach across all levels of the club thereafter. I would care to submit to you all that the evidence for this is clear, with a complete clean slate in practically every area of the club. The main reason that things are taking so long is not because of the shortage of conventional candidates for the managers role, but actually because what Shebby Singh has been doing is trying to find an experienced lead man to work as temporary mentor to Judan Ali, who will be the long term manager of the Rovers. At the end of the day we have all been hoodwinked by a grand plan, whose actors have included Coco (whose 'job' was to see Rovers out of the Premier League), and whose underlying major goal is the establishment of conditions for the development of the biggest branded 'Asian' football club in the world.

Welcome to Venky Rovers. 20,000 native fans at home games, watched by 200 million adoring fans around the world.

Like chickens to the slaughter. all of us.

:brfc:

Some people need to wake up, Singh is out of his depth, has a mouth he can't keep shut, and should still be in Malaysia on the TV.

Bolton, burnley and Chesterfield have all but appointed new managers in less time that is taken us to even identify final targets. If we manage to attract Arry to Ewood Singh will have my respect, but I won't be holding my breath because the mans a joke and I doubt very much he evens knows how to contact Arry let alone appoint him as manager.

2.5 million a year plus huge promotion incentives is ALOT of money meet those demands and we get him. Don't get me wrong I'd love Arry here but is it feasible for our club? In regards to olly he currently is contracted to a club and like a poster above said you can't just walk in and take him there are fees attached and those costs need to be factored in unfortunately.

The reason is that, as ever, decisions are not being made locally, but set in India by Mrs D. She has decreed that this is the time to establish an Asian-oriented football brand that is clearly differentiated from all of the existing outfits bar none. Part of the strategy was indeed to see Rovers relegated (temporarily was the plan) in order to create conditions to underpin massive change, with a completely ground up approach across all levels of the club thereafter. I would care to submit to you all that the evidence for this is clear, with a complete clean slate in practically every area of the club. The main reason that things are taking so long is not because of the shortage of conventional candidates for the managers role, but actually because what Shebby Singh has been doing is trying to find an experienced lead man to work as temporary mentor to Judan Ali, who will be the long term manager of the Rovers. At the end of the day we have all been hoodwinked by a grand plan, whose actors have included Coco (whose 'job' was to see Rovers out of the Premier League), and whose underlying major goal is the establishment of conditions for the development of the biggest branded 'Asian' football club in the world.

Welcome to Venky Rovers. 20,000 native fans at home games, watched by 200 million adoring fans around the world.

That's the biggest conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

The name of the horse?

Does the Blue Square Prem get worldwide coverage for these 200m fans?

I am not accepting that at all, I know for a fact that Mckinley was blocked by someone other than the BRAG group and Shebby could do sod all about it.

Ali will not be the manager at Rovers, he may get a coaching role at some stage but he is neither experienced nor good enough at the moment to take up that role, its different than coaching 15 year old kids at Arsenal!!

lets give them a chance to make that appointment without the negativity that is around at the moment.

Some if this isn't opinion, its based on information direct from Shebby and other people at the club and in Pune. If you choose to disbelieve it then fair enough but I know at least some of it to be true. Ring up Shebby and ask him who he wants. He will tell you he wants a young up and coming manager. Infact you don't need to ring him (as at least three people I personally know in media circles have) you just need to watch him on that Sky Sports show the other night.

Nurse!

I am not accepting that at all, I know for a fact that Mckinley was blocked by someone other than the BRAG group and Shebby could do sod all about it.

Ali will not be the manager at Rovers, he may get a coaching role at some stage but he is neither experienced nor good enough at the moment to take up that role, its different than coaching 15 year old kids at Arsenal!!

Yep, McK blocked before uproar from fans. Also if there is interest in Ali it's as a coach,

are you mg road in disguise

time to hide your posts!!!

Would be delighted if that happened, even more so than if we appointed a good manager actually. Williams ran the club in a fantastic way, we miss his leadership, experience and wiseness.

Sadly he left the club because he wasnt listened to. "Theres a new way of doing things here" was what he said.

Why would Venkys give him the power that he used to have, when they have made the silly appointment of Shebby Singh, which is a terrible appointment. (Im grateful for him "removing Kean", but common, what a joke Shebby is, really!!). They seem to think Shebby can do just a good a job as JW did, those fools!

Anyway, I hope the rumours are true about Holloway getting the job tomorrow. Forget about Redknapp, cant see it happening, Ollie for me!!

Spot on Emge!!! I too would be delirious if by some miracle JW could be persuaded to return, but sadly it is never going to happen as long as the Venkys are our owners.

So for me, phase two of the battle to restore our beloved club to it's former self is just commencing, and that is to get the club sold to proper and decent owners that actually UNDERSTAND and FEEL our long proud history, and past achievements. Until that has been achieved neither the ghost of Jack Walker nor the true loyalties of our many thousands of Rovers fans can be appeased. Sadly there is absolutely no other way.

2.5 million a year plus huge promotion incentives is ALOT of money meet those demands and we get him. Don't get me wrong I'd love Arry here but is it feasible for our club? In regards to olly he currently is contracted to a club and like a poster above said you can't just walk in and take him there are fees attached and those costs need to be factored in unfortunately.

Bolton, burnley and Chesterfield don't seem to have had problems with contracts, fees and factors.

We're run by idiots, thats the difference.

Proper Rovers fans don't really care about the Premier League, they just care for the institution of BRFC and I think people won't return whilst we are an obvious shambles. Appointing a decent manager with no obvious ties to the previous one will be a small step, appointing a highly experienced manager with a high profile will be a leap that will bring thousands back. If the likes of John Williams came back to the club, you would think that common sense had prevailed and again, many time-served Rovers fans would come back.

+100

time to hide your posts!!!

Definitely not!

Bolton, burnley and Chesterfield don't seem to have had problems with contracts, fees and factors.

We're run by idiots, thats the difference.

No, just be people who a) don't care about football, only money and B) don't care about the short term, only the big picture.

Judan Ali will be the long term manager of Blackburn Rovers. He will arrive as Number 2 to an experience 'marquee' manager whose job will be to guide Rovers back to the Premier League. Once that is accomplished, Judan Ali will be promoted from within to become manager.Lets come back in 12 months and see who is correct eh? My money (literally) is on this scenario.

Archived