BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

It's amazing what a last minute goal does for you, eh? Black is very much not his own man, although I bet he wishes he could be. I would play Jason Lowe there as he's the best player at the club in that position. Failing that, Henley deserves his chance.

The truth is,we were dreadful yesterday, absolutely dreadful. I agree the three points is more important and fair play to the lads and to Black for getting them but for you to suggest that he's changed things around is absolutely bizarre!

So Black hasn't changed the shape of the team from the open style we played under Kean? He dropped Murphy and Pedersen (something which I don't think Kean would have done). It has nothing to do with a last minute goal. He has changed us from being easy to beat to being hard to beat, a bit like Kean in reverse. If these (and others) aren't examples of being your own man then I don't know what is.

I wouldn't appoint him as manager but what he does deserve credit for is giving the team some backbone.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black has done a decent job, he's sorting out the defensive shambles and we do look like we are playing in formation, he isn't the right man for the job though because we need a massive lift from a fresh appointment.

I say this because think the supporters need to do their bit too and we clearly aren't really getting behind the team whilst all this drags on. The players look scared of pushing forward and scared of making mistakes. I think the only thing that will heal the wounds is a manager that won't accept the 60% that they put in but will give them the belief that they are lacking. The fans will accept home defeats much easily if we play with intensity and suffer a defeat to a lack of luck, rather than effort and belief.

Good post

John Williams would return if ask to. even if it was just as a director of the club and advise Shebby on football matters

Been told be several insiders that John Williams would return if asked. Still cares a lot about the club and he's saddened we've dropped like a stone. Getting him back is as important as getting a good manager IMO. If he was here we would already have one by now.

Not being funny but I can't see many people returning back to ewood under any new manager. Stage one is only complete after kean stage two is that williams needs to return and shabby let go.

I seriously doubt that there are people staying away because John Williams has left. As a long time Rover I have suspected that many of the fans we acquired over the recent years would disappear like snow off a dyke come the tough times. First it was 'I wont go whilst Kean is there', now its 'I wont go whilst Venkys/Shebby are there'.

Truth is these people are more interested in Premier League razamataz than supporting the club. Expect them to elbowing you out of the way in the season ticket queue if we go back up.

I don't care about Premier League razamataz but I do care about the club being run properly. Also unlike other clubs in this division if we don't get back up within next two years we are financially screwed. We need that money.

I just want the club to ride this storm and get 6 points from our rivals along the way.

Been told be several insiders that John Williams would return if asked. Still cares a lot about the club and he's saddened we've dropped like a stone. Getting him back is as important as getting a good manager IMO. If he was here we would already have one by now.

CORRECT

My point is, much like Kean's start to the season, results don't tell the whole story.

Our last two games were entirely winnable; Black won both 1-0 so, on paper, it's a successful job done.

However, if we continue to perform like we did this week we will not be promoted as better teams will murder us

Ok, I'll try again.

What Black has done reminds me of what Hughes did. It wasn't pretty but he built a base from the back and then improved performances. This is the same. The difference with Kean is that before this season he'd already proved he couldn't build a decent team, he'd had two years to do so. There was no doubt to give him the benefit of. With Black there is, and that's what I'm doing.

Would be delighted if that happened, even more so than if we appointed a good manager actually. Williams ran the club in a fantastic way, we miss his leadership, experience and wiseness.

Sadly he left the club because he wasnt listened to. "Theres a new way of doing things here" was what he said.

Why would Venkys give him the power that he used to have, when they have made the silly appointment of Shebby Singh, which is a terrible appointment. (Im grateful for him "removing Kean", but common, what a joke Shebby is, really!!). They seem to think Shebby can do just a good a job as JW did, those fools!

Anyway, I hope the rumours are true about Holloway getting the job tomorrow. Forget about Redknapp, cant see it happening, Ollie for me!!

I seriously doubt that there are people staying away because John Williams has left. As a long time Rover I have suspected that many of the fans we acquired over the recent years would disappear like snow off a dyke come the tough times. First it was 'I wont go whilst Kean is there', now its 'I wont go whilst Venkys/Shebby are there'.

Truth is these people are more interested in Premier League razamataz than supporting the club. Expect them to elbowing you out of the way in the season ticket queue if we go back up.

So true my friend,any excuse Kean Venkys your right most of them is because we're in the championship.

It's amazing what a last minute goal does for you, eh? Black is very much not his own man, although I bet he wishes he could be. I would play Jason Lowe there as he's the best player at the club in that position. Failing that, Henley deserves his chance.

The truth is,we were dreadful yesterday, absolutely dreadful. I agree the three points is more important and fair play to the lads and to Black for getting them but for you to suggest that he's changed things around is absolutely bizarre!

To say we were dreadful yesterday is way off the mark in my opinion. It was an improvement on Wednesday as we were able to retain possession, pass the ball more accurately, and generally boss the game at the back and in midfield. Admittedly, we are still failing to provide any service to Rhodes which I agree is criminal but even a better manager than Black will find this difficult against a string of 5 defenders (sometimes 6 or 7) across the 18 yard line, 3 of whom are focusing on Jordan.

I'm not saying the Watford performance level would get us promoted but I'm sure most posters who were there would agree it was not 'dreadful'.

A decent manager will definitely squeeze another 10-15% out of the squad but it is glaringly obvious we need to find a new Dunny in January. I know he's well past his best but if we can get him fit for 15-20 more games this season he will hopefully consign the knee-jerk, cynical Dunny-abusers to history for good.

Proper Rovers fans don't really care about the Premier League, they just care for the institution of BRFC and I think people won't return whilst we are an obvious shambles. Appointing a decent manager with no obvious ties to the previous one will be a small step, appointing a highly experienced manager with a high profile will be a leap that will bring thousands back. If the likes of John Williams came back to the club, you would think that common sense had prevailed and again, many time-served Rovers fans would come back.

I don't blame them but hate and anger at Black is misguided. He has made the best of a keany situation and his 33% win percentage is way higher than Steve Kean's! Now we just have to hope that the clueless cretins in charge make at least a half decent decision. Harry has gone to QPR and will be appointed as soon as Hughes' compo is sorted. So that leave Holloway who would be #1 for me out of all the possibilities.

ugh

We were clearly not dreadful, and if anyone should know it's us after the last 2 years. Solid, good work rate (CKR aside) and nicked a goal. Black has so obviously improved the side in a short space of time

Proper Rovers fans don't really care about the Premier League, they just care for the institution of BRFC and I think people won't return whilst we are an obvious shambles. Appointing a decent manager with no obvious ties to the previous one will be a small step, appointing a highly experienced manager with a high profile will be a leap that will bring thousands back. If the likes of John Williams came back to the club, you would think that common sense had prevailed and again, many time-served Rovers fans would come back.

I was going when we were in the old third division playing the likes of Rochdale and Halifax Town etc. That was a few seasons after watching what I still consider the most entertaining team Rovers have ever fielded. I won't be back at Ewood whilst the Venkies are our owners, they are a cancer that will kill the club if left to their own devices.

I never pretend to be one of the ITK'ers but it appears I have stumbled upon some very genuine information.

Just been tweeting a friend of mine who spent a considerable amount of time chatting with Dunny last night. Dunny showed him his phone with texts from Redknapp. Apparently he wants the job but Singh et al won't offer it him. I didn't know Dunny and Harry would chat but it seems very genuine and the chap I know wouldn't make this up.

If this is the case then we really are Keaning about and Singh is too caught up in his stupid ideal for the young Mourinho. Redknapp is THE BEST we could do right now. If he is willing to take the job we need to go all out to get him!!

I never pretend to be one of the ITK'ers but it appears I have stumbled upon some very genuine information.

Just been tweeting a friend of mine who spent a considerable amount of time chatting with Dunny last night. Dunny showed him his phone with texts from Redknapp. Apparently he wants the job but Singh et al won't offer it him. I didn't know Dunny and Harry would chat but it seems very genuine and the chap I know wouldn't make this up.

If this is the case then we really are Keaning about and Singh is too caught up in his stupid ideal for the young Mourinho. Redknapp is THE BEST we could do right now. If he is willing to take the job we need to go all out to get him!!

Same with Holloway mate. He's willing to come allegedly, but he's not liked. Too forthright is what I've heard.

Perhaps Redknapp is too expensive - at the end of the day 13k crowds won't support any more expenditure.

Correct. Dunn pushing for Redknapp but no 'official' approach made.

Shebby is a joke.

So Black hasn't changed the shape of the team from the open style we played under Kean? He dropped Murphy and Pedersen (something which I don't think Kean would have done). It has nothing to do with a last minute goal. He has changed us from being easy to beat to being hard to beat, a bit like Kean in reverse. If these (and others) aren't examples of being your own man then I don't know what is.

I wouldn't appoint him as manager but what he does deserve credit for is giving the team some backbone.

Firstly Pedersen shouldn't have been dropped. He was brilliant at Derby and looked decent again yesterday.

Yes, he has changed the style of play but has it been for the better? Based on performances and i've been to most of Black's games, i'd say absolutely not although I would agree that this takes time - I just can't see Black ever developing that.

I agree with your last point but this over a period of time would not see us get promoted. To be successful you have to take risks and Black's team are the most ultra-conservative team i've ever seen. Lowe and Etuhu are way too deep, one of them has to play in front of the ball. We create very, very few chances and will draw too many games.

Don't want to knock Black too much but he would be a poor appointment. I want some excitement, something that brings the buzz back to Ewood and gives us something to be hopeful about!

About the own man bit though, you think Black is solely picking the team and running things his way?

Perhaps Redknapp is too expensive - at the end of the day 13k crowds won't support any more expenditure.

Think it's more likely that Singh wants an "up and coming" young manager, for two reasons.

1] Singh can retain his role at Ewood, nurturing this man

and

2] it retains the buy 'em cheap and sell 'em on philosophy.

Archived