BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

As much as I like Henning Berg, there is still one thing missing, genuine experience of managing at Championship level. If, for some reason (SS), we can't get that, then it would take an exceptional foreign talent to be able to genuinely change things.

Just hire Holloway you clowns and get it done. Seems like Shebby is doing the rounds until he finds 'anyone' other than Holloway. Pathetic.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tendency you have is to take it awfully personally when people comment on Shebby's footballing background.

The Malaysian League is a minor Asian league. Which part of that do you have a problem with?

Singapore, on the other hand, is a major Asian city, though I've visited there twice and it's also one of the dullest places I've ever been to.

This man has gleefully accepted taking large amounts of money for doing a job he's nowhere near qualified to do at the expense of our club, and has already tried to appoint people nowhere near suitable for the job at Ewood, without accepting he should be taking the opinions of people who clearly know far more than he does.

Whether this story is true or not, the guy deserves all the stick he gets.

No problems with anything. I'm just openly admitting that I'm from a minor Asian country. Sorry that you think my country is dull, nothing I can do about that. Must say Sydney is beautiful though.

No objections to your other criticism of Shebby Singh. Just that I used to have a friend who accused of arson because he happened to be a delinquent (and he smokes too). The amount of abuse he received was disgusting - they vandalized his desk, hounded him out of school, filled his locker with trash, etc. He fought back at first, but it only served to confirm his guilt in his abusers' eyes and eventually he was forced to change schools.

Eventually the real culprit was caught, and it wasn't him. Even then, nobody bothered to apologize to him.

As much as I like Henning Berg, there is still one thing missing, genuine experience of managing at Championship level. If, for some reason (SS), we can't get that, then it would take an exceptional foreign talent to be able to genuinely change things.

Just hire Holloway you clowns and get it done. Seems like Shebby is doing the rounds until he finds 'anyone' other than Holloway. Pathetic.

Probably the exact reason that Singh is interviewing him.

I wake each morning with a glimmer of hope that our club has, after two years, done the right thing and signed a suitable manager. I then realise who the decision makers are, and prepare myself for another day of disappointment.

This current fiasco cannot continue, surely enough people are now seeing Shebby Singh for the fraud that he is?

Surely this must now be removed from the BRAG website :-

“The sincerity and honesty that we share, the BRFC Action Group and I, is the brickwork which is needed in building relationships"

I really don't get the point in searching for an untested manager. Why do we want to make a gamble on the "new Mourinho"? Are we doing it to put them on a long-term contract and hope for a massive amount of compensation when they move on? If this is the case, it would make much more sense to appoint an experienced man who has a better chance of achieving success and a better chance of being poached off us in the short-term.

Singh is an egotistical moron. What more can be said about this under-qualified idiot? He is simply scraping around for a plausible gamble, with a focus on appointing an ex-player. Prick.

Berg in the running to take over at Ewood

http://www.lancashir..._over_at_Ewood/

This is like the old Jimmy Young programme on Radio 2. Who's the manager today Jim ?

It seems a different manager is being linked every day - in the space of 3 days last week we had McKinlay, Flitcroft and Redknapp.

When are they going to do the bleeding obvious and hand it to Black ?

Berg might work out but it all comes down to who he would bring in as staff. Also a bit worrying that his failure while at Lillestrøm was under almost equally inept owners/board etc that we have now if I remember it correctly.

But if we are looking to Norway I would prefer OGS every day of the week. Great display against Rosenborg yesterday all things considered.

Henning berg was known for his defensive stability and dynamic play. His teams where rock solid at the back which resulted in rather free roles for the attacking players.

Berg did a very good job with Lyn FC and led them to third place his first season. He also had a good start with Lyn when it was decided that he was taking over the hotseat at Lillestrøm SK. What can I say about Lillestrøm ? A club in total turmoil. Its a graveyard for managers. They used to be among the best teams in Norway, but have been suffering for a long time.

When Henning Berg was under a lot of pressure and the supporters wanted him sacked he actually met them all after a match and apologized on behalf of the players.

I spoke to him 3 years ago and he was clear that he wanted to come back to Rovers as a manger or coach one day. He pays attention with rovers and follows have they are doing. He had very good memories from the time here.

Emge: Agree about OGS, but you have to consider that he was given a shitload to spend and at the same time they had a very good squad when he came in.

He had a 42% win ratio at Lyn and 28% win ratio at Lillestrøm.

I think most Norwegian would NOT want Berg as manager. Although fondly remembered as a player, his manager qualities are obviously lacking. Did a poor job at Lillestrøm and seem to lack skills for manmanagement.

Harry is definitely interested and the deal he is offering is heavily back-ended ie a big promotion bonus.

The fact that it should be a no brainer to take him just goes to show we are being run by no brains.

The battle seems to be between Shaw who knows how to run an English club in the last century and Shebby who just wants to ponce around with SS on his track suit and meddle.

Deeply deeply depressed about Rovers this morning.

This has become such a joke now.. Can someone who has direct contact with this idiot please explain this has gone on far to long and the fans want either holloway or arry and nothing more or less will do.

+1000000000000

Harry is definitely interested and the deal he is offering is heavily back-ended ie a big promotion bonus.

The fact that it should be a no brainer to take him just goes to show we are being run by no brains.

The battle seems to be between Shaw who knows how to run an English club in the last century and Shebby who just wants to ponce around with SS on his track suit and meddle.

Deeply deeply depressed about Rovers this morning.

The fact that Singh is running around in trainers and a tracksuit with SS on suggests he is on an ego trip, never good enough as a player and trying to mentor a manager who has forgotten more than he will ever know about football, Venkys, let him advise, dont listen to him, get 'Arry or Ollie in and let them get us back to the PL

What is the order of preference of people on here? (Obviously can't be Ferguson etc)

Mine would be:

1st choice, Hughes (must be on a knife edge)

2nd choice, Harry (must be lined up to replace Hughes)

3rd choice, Olly (Sounds keen to come here)

Calm down guys, while I have no idea on who is going to be eventually appointed they are at the moment going through the process that they embarked upon on Thursday to interview as many as possible on their shortlist. I believe that this process finishes with Berg being interviewed, a decision on who the first choice and backup choice will then be made. Shebby et al are very confident that the chosen one will be in place well before the game on Saturday.

Let's see what this week brings.

You know anything regarding Nixon's comments from yesterday Kamy and also if they have spoken to some people more than once?

For me it sounds like a mind baffling process. You should have more than one conversation with a potential employee before hiring them?

You know anything regarding Nixon's comments from yesterday Kamy and also if they have spoken to some people more than once?

For me it sounds like a mind baffling process. You should have more than one conversation with a potential employee before hiring them?

To be fair, Nicko's version of events may well be sensationalised. The truth may well have been, Shebby briefly stepped out of the room in order to politely drop his guts.

Archived