BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket Thread

Two cracking test matches over the weekend.

Fantastic performance by England to square the series 1-1 with India. Really happy for Monty in particular who has waited a long time for his chance.

Also Australia v South Africa was a fabulous test match, what a debut innings by Du Plessis to save the match for South Africa.

Great to the see the best form of the game alive and well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, Kamy.

Some really great cricket down under.

Unfortunately for us, we don't have that "game breaker" that we used to have.

Injuries on both sides have restricted the matches somewhat, but have been entertaining non the less.

Great knock by Du Plessis, didn't look like getting out.

Preparing a dustbowl backfired on Dhoni big time, Monty was turning it square!

Think it's time for Tendulkar to bow out gracegully.

The bounce in the pitch suited our Spinners who bowl at a faster speed than the Indian spinners.

Fully expect a slow, low turning wicket in Kolkata next week.

Cracking performance by England after the disappointing batting in the first Test.

Panesar has been a revelation, while Cook is on course to break all batting records as I predicted.

Looking forward to the decider.

Michael Clark's year to date has been outstanding.

His average has been 119+, a triple ton and four doubles.

No wonder he has climbed to the top of the batting ranks.

About 15 months or so ago I met his grandfather. He was showing everyone his christmas present from MC; he gave him his "Alan Border medal" for the best cricketer in Aus, his grandad was stoked.

Hopefully the injuries to both sides will be resolved and we can get back to full blown test cricket.

Not wrong SAR. The Saffer bowlers are doing themselves proud, and their front end have stood up, in the second innings, but there's a long way to go.

I'm just glad that a pitch has been produced to give the bowlers a go for once. Some of the lower order bats show that it's not a minefield.

Poor sportsmanship by India re Cooks dismissal.

I haven't seen the run out yet, but I heard it on Test Match Special and the consensus seems to be that the umpire got the decision spot on. The key was that Cook had never got in behind the crease. Had he been in and then moved out of the way to avoid the ball he would have been not out.

Poor sportsmanship by India re Cooks dismissal.

Not at all. Cook did not have his bat grounded and Kohli had every right to aim at the stumps. Had Cook grounded his bat, then moved aside, he would have been given not out. However, his bat did not touch the ground at any point during the incident, therefore how you can put that down to poor sportsmanship, is beyond me.

Archived