BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are Venky's looking for an exit route.

I hope people realise how bad it will be when/if Venkys leave. People won't be queuing up to buy the club, it's tainted now too. Venkys as much, if not more, than anyone need to get back into the premier league. Their intentions are good , however their ambition far outweighs their ability to manage a football club, at the moment anyway..

They don't I fear. I effin hated the sight of em whilst we were in the Prem but unfortunately I fear we would implode immediately if they bailed out now the lucre is drying up. I'd imagine without the parachute money we'd be back to hiding under the desk when the milkman came with his bill.

I believe I too was not happy with them from the start, one look at the chubby playboy told me enough. I do seem to remember the R word being thrown at me.

Precisely why the country is fooked now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't I fear. I effin hated the sight of em whilst we were in the Prem but unfortunately I fear we would implode immediately if they bailed out now the lucre is drying up. I'd imagine without the parachute money we'd be back to hiding under the desk when the milkman came with his bill.

The poor running of the club is making the debt situation worst though and is mostly of their creation. There are natural costs to relegation but Venkys have added to these.

A new owner at the beginning of this season would have sacked Kean, not hired Agnew/Shaw/Shebby in senior positions, sold some of the unused high wage earners, brought in a manager like Mick McCarthy/Ian Holloway and created a squad capable of bouncing straight back up. Jordan Rhodes is a good player but 3-4 players good enough for Championship promotion could've been bought with the money.There would still be a loss for the season but costs would be at least £10 million less with a better chance for promotion.

If Venkys could leave with controllable costs then good management could deliver promotion next season. If Venkys want to destroy their credit rating with the Bank of India then that's fine but it will put Rovers in administration in League 1.

The poor running of the club is making the debt situation worst though and is mostly of their creation. There are natural costs to relegation but Venkys have added to these.

A new owner at the beginning of this season would have sacked Kean, not hired Agnew/Shaw/Shebby in senior positions, sold some of the unused high wage earners, brought in a manager like Mick McCarthy/Ian Holloway and created a squad capable of bouncing straight back up. Jordan Rhodes is a good player but 3-4 players good enough for Championship promotion could've been bought with the money.There would still be a loss for the season but costs would be at least £10 million less with a better chance for promotion.

If Venkys could leave with controllable costs then good management could deliver promotion next season. If Venkys want to destroy their credit rating with the Bank of India then that's fine but it will put Rovers in administration in League 1.

Best post of the year so far !

I wonder, what would the Venky's do if their Chicken business was floundering the way we are? Would they keep incompetent squabbling Chief Exec's in their positions? Would they continue to allow the shady Personell Director to hire top level Managers with no business experience and a track record of failure of anyone they hired? Would they stick to the policies and procedures that got them into a downward spiral? Simple, I very much doubt it. I can only guess they would make sweeping changes, being involved in every key decision at all critical levels. They would replace the incompetents with people with proven track records of turning around ailing businesses. WHY OH WHY CAN THEY NOT DO IT HERE.

I wonder, what would the Venky's do if their Chicken business was floundering the way we are? Would they keep incompetent squabbling Chief Exec's in their positions? Would they continue to allow the shady Personell Director to hire top level Managers with no business experience and a track record of failure of anyone they hired? Would they stick to the policies and procedures that got them into a downward spiral? Simple, I very much doubt it. I can only guess they would make sweeping changes, being involved in every key decision at all critical levels. They would replace the incompetents with people with proven track records of turning around ailing businesses. WHY OH WHY CAN THEY NOT DO IT HERE.

because big sis is teaching little bro a lesson!

Archived