BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saha

UpShad

Unfit and wanting probably a fortune, we have enough of them already thanks. Great player 3 or 4 years ago.

We play one up front and we already have Rhodes and Best coming back.

With Saha you are looking at a great player about 7 or 8 years ago. He's been a crock since.

Even if we were to play 2 up top , Saha is not the man to play with Rhodes , imo Rhodes needs a strike partner to do the donkey work , to work the channels , to pull c/b's out of position , giving Rhodes more time and space in the box , and i dont think Saha can do that at this stage of his carrer. The problem with only playing Rhodes up front is he consistantly finds himself with 2 c/b's marking him , even if he escapes from 1 another is always close by , i'm looking forward to see if Leon Best can be that foil for him

Perversly i would think someone like Jason Roberts (in his pomp) would've been an ideal partner for him

Even if we were to play 2 up top , Saha is not the man to play with Rhodes , imo Rhodes needs a strike partner to do the donkey work , to work the channels , to pull c/b's out of position , giving Rhodes more time and space in the box , and i dont think Saha can do that at this stage of his carrer. The problem with only playing Rhodes up front is he consistantly finds himself with 2 c/b's marking him , even if he escapes from 1 another is always close by , i'm looking forward to see if Leon Best can be that foil for him

Perversly i would think someone like Jason Roberts (in his pomp) would've been an ideal partner for him

Not sure Best is the kind of striker you describe there, I definitely don't expect to see him working the channels in the way that Roberts could.

I see Hull are trying for Frazier Campbell on loan. He would be the sort of striker that could pull defences about and work the channels.

Archived