BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Legends Return To Ewood

No offence, but was that poster designed by a 6 year old?

Spelling mistake put to one side, it looks like a flyer I woud get through the door selling cheap UPVC windows.

I hope you dont pay anyone to come up with such a poor design.

Spelling mistake put to one side, it looks like a flyer I woud get through the door selling cheap UPVC windows.

Is this just plain criticism of Paul's efforts, or is it an offer from yourself to be constructive and produce something more suitable?

No offence taken ;)

Do we know what charity this is going to?

Some, if not all should go to this local little lad: http://www.justgiving.com/SamShawAppeal

The proceeds are going to the ex players society which is currently chaired by Bryan Douglas .

This worthy cause has over the last few seasons has struggled to keep afloat and focuses primarily

on former players and their widows and families from a time when there was no money in the game .

Kevin Gallacher is putting together the legends team whose names will be revealed nearer the time , although early indications suggest it will be an all star line up with some of rovers finest from times gone by putting the famous blue and white halves on one more time .

In total 16 former players will take part , whilst other ex players who can no longer play will be attendance as will relatives of players who are sadly no longer here .

This is one of those charities which has fallen off the radar a little since the club was sold .

It's also hoped that some former crowd favourites who failed to say their goodbyes will be part of the legends team .

For example Salgado is currently trying to juggle things around so he can play

Hi Glen, think you may have previously done FootballAid like I have. Just wondered if it may be worth having a few sub places at a reduced rate in the same way FootballAid do. Through them you can buy a 90 minute place or a 45 minute place. If the 45 minute places were priced at £200 it might end up making a few more quid.

When was the time when "there was no money in the game?"

Also, is it accurate to describe this cause as a charity?

There is many elements to this event as a number of charities and local organisations are getting involved .

Its a community event which will bring together many schools , crafts , arts and dance .

The ex players society is a voluntary organisation, whilst the charities also involved in the event will also be getting some much needed exposure

Hi Glen, think you may have previously done FootballAid like I have. Just wondered if it may be worth having a few sub places at a reduced rate in the same way FootballAid do. Through them you can buy a 90 minute place or a 45 minute place. If the 45 minute places were priced at £200 it might end up making a few more quid.

We considered the football aid format when we held discussions with the club and Kevin Gallacher , but in the end opted for roll on roll off substitutions to make it more affordability if only a little .

I think I paid £550 to take part in soccer aid , and this had to be taken into consideration too by the steering party to ensure that event was not devalued .

A unique kit will be provided for all players , which they can keep as a memory of the occasion .

Match tickets will be going in sale through the club for the event .

Corporate tickets will also be available which gets supporters into the after party

Archived