BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba and Hoillet, what now?.

Yea mate, you've obviously got it all sorted, not like me who just wants to hang round with Essex reality TV stars. London's one of the greatest cities in the world, it offers a lot, lot more than you're suggesting.

Hindsight is important in all this. I didn't think QPR would be in a relegation battle, in fact I'm pretty sure I tipped them for a top 10 finish before the season started. I wouldn't have gone there, nor recommended he would go there if I knew they would be in a relegation battle.

I'm a big fan of Hughes and thought he could have been better for Hoilett than Pardew who I'm not convinced with on the whole. QPR could have potentially gone on to achieve things themselves. Newcastle have won f**k all for like 50 years, let's not distort reality here.

With Samba I thought he had just gone on loan at QPR and they were paying all his wages....not that I've found out they signed him, that was a stupid decision. But play in a relegation battle or get racially abused? He'll still get offers in the summer from teams around Europe.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell, whose side are you on ? That could have been written by some Cockney geezer with a chip on his shoulder about people from "up nawf".

Fact is QPR are a rubbish club and like most of those who leave Ewood supposedly for where the grass is greener better clubs Hoilett and Samba are likely to find their careers go into a nosedive.

Stop rubbishing Rovers and the take some pride ffs.

Tell me..... Where in that post did I rubbish the Rovers?

Not that the Rovers 2013 need my help..... they rubbish themselves almost on a daily basis or are you unaware of that?

I don't think a crystal ball was needed to tell the difference between Newcastle United and QPR. Just a fully functioning brain.

Listen, I have no time for the arrogant Geordies, but that doesn't change the fact that they are a massive club, and always will be.

The only reason Newcastle are down there this season is because of the Europa, it happens to pretty much every team. Newcastle will be a top 10 club more often than not over the next decade. QPR, not so much.

And figures like "3M more" sound impressive, but whether a player is on 40k a week or 60k a week it really has little impact on their lifestyle in the grand scheme of things.

I think young players should never focus on the money in the early stages of their career. They have plenty time to make money in the following 10/15 years. The sensible ones make the decisions based around their career progression. Hoilett doesn't appear to be one of them, that is simply my point, and I have no sympathy.

TBH as much as I loathe him at the moment, it's why I don't blame Danny Murphy. The end of your career is the time to milk it, not at the start when you could blow your chances.

So in a nutshell you are rubbishing Hoilett and sticking up for Murphy!

Not only that but in effect you are a Blackburn fan unbelievably rubbishing a small club with an ambitious and wealthy owner! Everything you are saying is just what was aimed at us when Jack outbid ALL the Billy Big Time clubs for Shearer, Sutton, Batty, Hendry, Flowers etc etc. 'New' money was the kick start for us winning the Prem ffs!

People who live in glass houses eh?

Newcastle are a top 10 side like you mentioned, not a massive club. If it was Liverpool he rejected, then fair enough.

When a player retires at 33 then maybe an extra 15 grand is serious. It definitely is if he gets a serious injury and has to retire at the end of his contract.

Correct Salgado.... You might also point out that not long ago NUFC were in the Championship!

Not only that but players are influenced first and foremost by their agents. The players might not care about the difference between 40k pw and 60kpw but you can be sure Mr 20% damned well does. It beggars belief how naive and closeted some people on here are in their views.

Players chasing money is nothing new, but it must be hard when you're young and have a voice next to you saying take it. Trouble is some agents will push their players to the club that offers the most without considering the career. Parents can do similar as well. I think the best story I know about the pitfalls of chasing money is young aaron spear. 14-15 years old, england international, described as the next wayne rooney and left with a choice of arsenal or Newcastle?

For me it's a no brainer, you sign for the gunners. Alas for Aaron Newcastle got mum and dad jobs and a nice shiny house.

Where's Aaron now?

Playing for some no-mark team in Iceland.

but at least his mum and dad got a nice house.

• Backroom

So in a nutshell you are rubbishing Hoilett and sticking up for Murphy!

Not only that but in effect you are a Blackburn fan unbelievably rubbishing a small club with an ambitious and wealthy owner! Everything you are saying is just what was aimed at us when Jack outbid ALL the Billy Big Time clubs for Shearer, Sutton, Batty, Hendry, Flowers etc etc. 'New' money was the kick start for us winning the Prem ffs!

People who live in glass houses eh?

Correct Salgado.... You might also point out that not long ago NUFC were in the Championship!

Not only that but players are influenced first and foremost by their agents. The players might not care about the difference between 40k pw and 60kpw but you can be sure Mr 20% damned well does. It beggars belief how naive and closeted some people on here are in their views.

Wow, you talk some cack don't you. Good job it's Grand National today as it fits in nicely with the blinkers you wear!!

You call people naive and yet seem to insinuate that any reasoned argument needs to be based around Rovers history. Rubbish, that is the epitome of naive and closeted. I am a passionate Rovers fan but I am also capable of independent thought not based around my football team. And since you mentioned him, that's why I think Shearer also made the wrong decisions in his career. Now watch that explode your head.

And as for your final sentence, well, I say Hoilett has made the wrong decision, and you counter with "it probably wasn't his fault, it's his agents". Errrr, ok and that makes the decision any less wrong does it??

Wow, you talk some cack don't you. Good job it's Grand National today as it fits in nicely with the blinkers you wear!!

You call people naive and yet seem to insinuate that any reasoned argument needs to be based around Rovers history. Rubbish, that is the epitome of naive and closeted. I am a passionate Rovers fan but I am also capable of independent thought not based around my football team. And since you mentioned him, that's why I think Shearer also made the wrong decisions in his career. Now watch that explode your head.

And as for your final sentence, well, I say Hoilett has made the wrong decision, and you counter with "it probably wasn't his fault, it's his agents". Errrr, ok and that makes the decision any less wrong does it??

Are you an alien who is just visiting earth Silas? You must be cos our football history is littered with footballers who moved to the highest bidder. It's hardly a new concept is it?

Archived