BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba and Hoillet, what now?.

That`s the think M K it would make the game a hell of a lot better if they did hold there hands up or walk away. I know it`s not human nature but at the very least we should be able to drag them in to the office and say either shape up or we start docking your wages.

I doubt anyone would sign a contract like that - certainly not when loads of other clubs would offer one with no performance-related component.

Maybe if nobody had contracts in football, and players were free to turn up on any day to play for the highest bidder. It could be like in the depression era movies, when a guy turns up in a truck to pick half a dozen men for a day of back-breaking labour in the docks. Chris Samba elbowing his way to the front of the queue...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hoillet reminds me of duff, duffer was a world beater here, went to chelsea and they knocked his natural game right out of him, mourinho's defensive tactics made it difficult for flair players to ever really show themselves, hes been going down ever since

• Moderation Lead

Samba in the championship is a scary thought. Because like him or not, when he's on the pitch he always gives 100%, and he was a beast in the prem. If he stayed with QPR after relegation, he wouldn't lose anything in the air

There's no chance he'll play in the Championship, he'll sod off somewhere else on loan and that gobby Mug Fernandes will pick up the tab....

Very entertaining spat yesterday on Talksport between Neil Warnock and Mark Bowen about whose fault the QPR situation was.

Seemingly Warnock was being asked about Leeds' new manager on one of the shows yesterday.

Warnock basically said it was chaos behind the scenes at Leeds (some Dubai investment Company have taken over or partially taken over) and that some of the names mentioned made him laugh as they'd never come. In a peevish throwaway comment though he said he'd love Mark Hughes to come in and "destroy another of his sides."

Mark Bowen then apparently rang in unprompted to the afternoon Hawksbee and Jacobs show and said that he and Hughes inherited "a strange situation to say the least" at QPR and had to let 21 players go at the end of the season, none of whom he said were good enough as shown by the fact not one ended up at another Premiership Club.

He also pointed out that Warnock had only ever had 3 stabs at the Premiership with different Clubs, been relegated twice, and had only ever won 14 Premiership games in his career!

Great stuff. Extremely annoying stuff if you were a QPR fan though I'd imagine, hearing those two argue about who was less of a failure with their Club on the point of going down and potential oblivion.

Samba in the championship is a scary thought. Because like him or not, when he's on the pitch he always gives 100%, and he was a beast in the prem. If he stayed with QPR after relegation, he wouldn't lose anything in the air

I can't see him staying on those wages BUT one might compare him to a premium quality Shittu.... and we know how he absolutely dominated our star strike force don't we?

Very entertaining spat yesterday on Talksport between Neil Warnock and Mark Bowen about whose fault the QPR situation was.

Seemingly Warnock was being asked about Leeds' new manager on one of the shows yesterday.

Warnock basically said it was chaos behind the scenes at Leeds (some Dubai investment Company have taken over or partially taken over) and that some of the names mentioned made him laugh as they'd never come. In a peevish throwaway comment though he said he'd love Mark Hughes to come in and "destroy another of his sides."

Mark Bowen then apparently rang in unprompted to the afternoon Hawksbee and Jacobs show and said that he and Hughes inherited "a strange situation to say the least" at QPR and had to let 21 players go at the end of the season, none of whom he said were good enough as shown by the fact not one ended up at another Premiership Club.

He also pointed out that Warnock had only ever had 3 stabs at the Premiership with different Clubs, been relegated twice, and had only ever won 14 Premiership games in his career!

Great stuff. Extremely annoying stuff if you were a QPR fan though I'd imagine, hearing those two argue about who was less of a failure with their Club on the point of going down and potential oblivion.

Well done Bowen for using facts to explode the myth that Colinwanker is a top manager and not just one big churlish gobshyte! Never forget how he helped Kean get rid of a troublesome priest in the form of 'sewer rat who should not be playing in this country' EHD..... before going on to sign him for Leeds! 'Colin' is out of a job cos he screwed results up at LUFC and for no other reason.

Guest Norbert

I'm no fan of Mick McCarthy, but he's twice the manager Colin is. He would probably have done far better at Leeds, and may have gotten them in the play offs last season, or indeed this season. Mick is pretty crap at the top level, but he's great in our current division, and managed to sueeze a few Premier league seasons out of Wolves. Colin is probably still going on about Tevez.

Well done Bowen for using facts to explode the myth that Colinwanker is a top manager and not just one big churlish gobshyte! Never forget how he helped Kean get rid of a troublesome priest in the form of 'sewer rat who should not be playing in this country' EHD..... before going on to sign him for Leeds! 'Colin' is out of a job cos he screwed results up at LUFC and for no other reason.

Absolutely correct. Warnock is the most odious character I have ever met in football and I have met a few. I have witnessed his bile and nastiness on several occasions and I had no respect at all for him.

Warnock is a complete tosser.

I've never once heard him give respect to any opposing team or manager following his numerous defeats preferring to blame officials, pitch, dew on the grass etc.

Hopefully he'll hold true on his promise to retire from football now, he won't be missed.

All that performance to get away by Samba , he was isolated from his family and getting pelted by bananas in Russia ,now he is back in England he earns 100 grand a week but is going to get relegated and yet that was apparently why he left us. Hoillet was given a football career by Rovers who stood by him through thick and thin when he couldn`t get work permits etc. they gave him the development he needed to become a professional and he didnt even have the decency to tell the club he had signed for QPR or have the decency to say thank you to the club and goodbye to the fans. That to me shows the character and what is wrong with footballers in the modern game.

who would he have told at the club? it was a merry go round with nobody in charge

any player in his position would have left.

there is no such thing as loyalty in football - that died when matt le tiss retired!

• Backroom

Both of them fully deserve the current nosedives their careers appear to be taking.

Hoilett is a greedy sod who could probably have been playing in a Europa quarter final tonight, and I think his career would have flourished much more at Newcastle this season, especially with Ben Arfa being out.

But no, him and his Dad wanted the extra 15k a week.

If Samba had stayed an extra measly 4 months with us, he no doubt would have been picked up in the summer by a decent Prem club like Everton and would also be doing better.

You reap what you sow in life, and these two have planted some real duffers.

Sounds bitter I know, but that's just the way I see it. Not bothered about either leaving, was always going to happen, but both have made bad decisions in the name of dollar signs, and I don't think either will fully recover from it and fulfill what they could have.

Harry should never have signed Samba. He needed in immediate impact yet went and signed a player who was still doing pre season training. A fit samba would have made a real difference to them. He would have been far better off going for a decent prem CB, at 10m I'm sure he could have got one.

Have never forgiven him for his hypocrisy over Diouf. More or less demanded that Kean sack him and then went on to sign him himself!

Of course, Kean didn't have either the brains or the character to stick up for his own player but Warnock's behaviour took my breath away.

Both of them fully deserve the current nosedives their careers appear to be taking.

Hoilett is a greedy sod who could probably have been playing in a Europa quarter final tonight, and I think his career would have flourished much more at Newcastle this season, especially with Ben Arfa being out.

But no, him and his Dad wanted the extra 15k a week.

If Samba had stayed an extra measly 4 months with us, he no doubt would have been picked up in the summer by a decent Prem club like Everton and would also be doing better.

You reap what you sow in life, and these two have planted some real duffers.

Sounds bitter I know, but that's just the way I see it. Not bothered about either leaving, was always going to happen, but both have made bad decisions in the name of dollar signs, and I don't think either will fully recover from it and fulfill what they could have.

Let me get this right.... signing for a perceived nouveau riche club in London and earning 3m MORE over the corse of his contract or signing for a mid table bunch from the frozen north who just happened to scrat into a minor European competiton. Without the benefit of a crystal ball I can't see he did much wrong.

Odd thing is that Hernandez and QPR appears to be making the self same mistakes Fatty Ashley did in his first season at NUFC. Just like with our numpty's it's a case of fools and their money.

Have never forgiven him for his hypocrisy over Diouf. More or less demanded that Kean sack him and then went on to sign him himself!

Of course, Kean didn't have either the brains or the character to stick up for his own player but Warnock's behaviour took my breath away.

Yes he did! It fitted in perefectly with him and his agents plans to relieve the slumdogs of as much money in as short a time as possible. The more ins and outs the better for that pair. Everybody knew EHD was Allardyce's man so Kean would naturally want to get rid but in doing so he was then freed up to wheel and deal. Rem the Rochina scam? Barca got 400k we paid close on 2m..... where did the rest go do you think? Formica's move too was far from clear cut was it?

I doubt the truth will ever come out but if it did it might make many foreign wannabee owners think again.

Let me get this right.... signing for a perceived nouveau riche club in London and earning 3m MORE over the corse of his contract or signing for a mid table bunch from the frozen north who just happened to scrat into a minor European competiton. Without the benefit of a crystal ball I can't see he did much wrong.

Odd thing is that Hernandez and QPR appears to be making the self same mistakes Fatty Ashley did in his first season at NUFC. Just like with our numpty's it's a case of fools and their money.

Bloody hell, whose side are you on ? That could have been written by some Cockney geezer with a chip on his shoulder about people from "up nawf".

Fact is QPR are a rubbish club and like most of those who leave Ewood supposedly for where the grass is greener better clubs Hoilett and Samba are likely to find their careers go into a nosedive.

Stop rubbishing Rovers and the take some pride ffs.

• Backroom

I don't think a crystal ball was needed to tell the difference between Newcastle United and QPR. Just a fully functioning brain.

Listen, I have no time for the arrogant Geordies, but that doesn't change the fact that they are a massive club, and always will be.

The only reason Newcastle are down there this season is because of the Europa, it happens to pretty much every team. Newcastle will be a top 10 club more often than not over the next decade. QPR, not so much.

And figures like "3M more" sound impressive, but whether a player is on 40k a week or 60k a week it really has little impact on their lifestyle in the grand scheme of things.

I think young players should never focus on the money in the early stages of their career. They have plenty time to make money in the following 10/15 years. The sensible ones make the decisions based around their career progression. Hoilett doesn't appear to be one of them, that is simply my point, and I have no sympathy.

TBH as much as I loathe him at the moment, it's why I don't blame Danny Murphy. The end of your career is the time to milk it, not at the start when you could blow your chances.

Newcastle are a top 10 side like you mentioned, not a massive club. If it was Liverpool he rejected, then fair enough.

When a player retires at 33 then maybe an extra 15 grand is serious. It definitely is if he gets a serious injury and has to retire at the end of his contract.

Players have excellent insurance cover in case they have to retire early. And they can draw their pensions at 35 if they want to (by special arrangement with HMRC).

Well if his injury seriously affected him and he became a lesser player that had to accept a lesser wage from now on then.

If they had rejected Spurs or something, a good chance of winning a cup or qualifying for the Champions League, to play for QPR then yea.....but Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland etc....I'd rather have the cash. Plus I'd love to be a footballer living in London.

• Backroom

Well if his injury seriously affected him and he became a lesser player that had to accept a lesser wage from now on then.

If they had rejected Spurs or something, a good chance of winning a cup or qualifying for the Champions League, to play for QPR then yea.....but Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland etc....I'd rather have the cash. Plus I'd love to be a footballer living in London.

But that's exactly my point, if I was a footballer, playing at the highest level in Champions League and winning cups would be my main priority. If you are even on the fringes of that level you are going to be rich for life regardless. So why worry about money?

You don't think Hoilett could have progressed much better this season at Newcastle? In a team that plays attacking football and not on the back foot like QPR. A team that has had 3 cups and a league to compete for with a smallish squad so he would have got plenty of game time. He hasn't even been getting on for QPR just like when we were in a battle, because he is often a luxury player that can't be afforded down there.

Get a good run, have a few good seasons for Newcastle and then maybe the top 6 would come in for you. As it is, he may well be plying his trade in the Championship next season. Bad decision.

But if you would prefer money and hanging around clubs in London with those moron Essex reality TV stars then that's your prerogative. If I was fortunate enough to be in that position, I would want to achieve different things with my life. But i suppose that's why we're all different.

Archived