BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba and Hoillet, what now?.

It looks like QPR are going to get relegated this season, and our `ex-bailers` on long term contracts are going to find themselves playing in the championship after all, or are they?, it will be interesting to see if Samba and Hoillet, now on big fat wages are happy to play `beneath their abilities` or will they force a move back to the premiership, by all accounts Samba is already getting a load of stick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/02/christopher-samba-sorry_n_2996762.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-sport

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idiocy is though, players are shooting themselves in the foot. Clubs and fans alike are fed up with the ever worsening attitudes of these money grubbers. We seem to have a fair share of our own ` blessing us with their presence`. QPR is a good example of how even quality managers can be let down by their players.

So Hoilett and Samba should've stayed with us after relegation? I don't understand that line of thinking. What player of their quality would've wanted to stay with us after relegation, especially with the madhouse we were? I guess I understand the Samba dislike, cause he forced his way out midseason, but he was one of our best players for years.

So Hoilett and Samba should've stayed with us after relegation? I don't understand that line of thinking. What player of their quality would've wanted to stay with us after relegation, especially with the madhouse we were? I guess I understand the Samba dislike, cause he forced his way out midseason, but he was one of our best players for years.

All that performance to get away by Samba , he was isolated from his family and getting pelted by bananas in Russia ,now he is back in England he earns 100 grand a week but is going to get relegated and yet that was apparently why he left us. Hoillet was given a football career by Rovers who stood by him through thick and thin when he couldn`t get work permits etc. they gave him the development he needed to become a professional and he didnt even have the decency to tell the club he had signed for QPR or have the decency to say thank you to the club and goodbye to the fans. That to me shows the character and what is wrong with footballers in the modern game.

• Moderation Lead

Both would still be here if the idiots that took over hadn't decimated our club, all a bit academic if you ask me

True, but the ungrateful, greedy c**ts can go sit on a telephone wire as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Norbert

Yep, the press all love him for some reason. The only club he's left without a financial meltdown happening seems to be Spurs, oh and West Ham who went wobbly when the Icelandic banks folded. Portsmouth was down to himself and Mandaric giving out crazy contracts and spending too much money, Bournemouth were in trouble, Southampton have also had problems not long after he left......

Hoilett was never going to stay. He and his dad/agent were all about getting more money wherever they can. If Hughes could have pushed on, and turned us into another Everton, Samba may have stayed.

Yep, the press all love him for some reason. The only club he's left without a financial meltdown happening seems to be Spurs, oh and West Ham who went wobbly when the Icelandic banks folded. Portsmouth was down to himself and Mandaric giving out crazy contracts and spending too much money, Bournemouth were in trouble, Southampton have also had problems not long after he left......

Hoilett was never going to stay. He and his dad/agent were all about getting more money wherever they can. If Hughes could have pushed on, and turned us into another Everton, Samba may have stayed.

Harry left Wham in 2001, dont think you can blame that on him.

As for Samba and Hoillett, at least they contributed, theres plenty others who have taken a slice but contributed nothing (Grella etc).

Guest Norbert

That's why I didn't blame him for Wham.

And you're right. Grella is far more loathsome in that he could have left, but was happy getting more money being injured here.

• Backroom

That's why I didn't blame him for Wham.

And you're right. Grella is far more loathsome in that he could have left, but was happy getting more money being injured here.

Imo, people can shove that argument up their arses :) if you're injured at your place of work, you reserve the right to claim a wage in that time. Whether he chooses to walk away or not is nobody's business but his. Similarly, I don't blame many players for their obscene wages. Clubs should just refuse to pay it and maybe they'll get real. Or they should enforce a wage cap. But no, that'd be too fair.

Imo, people can shove that argument up their arses :) if you're injured at your place of work, you reserve the right to claim a wage in that time.

I'd agree if he'd gotten injured whilst playing for us. That wasn't the case though, he turned up a crock and left a crock.

In my opinion it's completely unethical for him to have sat his way through that contract. If he signed to do a job for 4 years and found out he wasn't up to it, the right thing to do is walk away.

It looks like QPR are going to get relegated this season, and our `ex-bailers` on long term contracts are going to find themselves playing in the championship after all, or are they?, it will be interesting to see if Samba and Hoillet, now on big fat wages are happy to play `beneath their abilities` or will they force a move back to the premiership, by all accounts Samba is already getting a load of stick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/02/christopher-samba-sorry_n_2996762.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-sport

wake us up at the point we are supposed to give a kean

In my opinion it's completely unethical for him to have sat his way through that contract. If he signed to do a job for 4 years and found out he wasn't up to it, the right thing to do is walk away.

How many crocked players *have* walked away from lucrative contracts? They're notable by their absence, so what does that tell you about human nature.

Much as I admire his qualities on the pitch as a footballer, shouldn't be long now before Samba chucks his toys out of the pram, accuses QPR of not living up to his expectations, and refuses to play for them again.

Feel a bit sorry for Hoiillet looking likely to have 2 successive relegations. His goals kept us temporarily 2 seasons ago.

Samba has looked awful since he returned from Russia - little wonder QPR fans are fuming. Hoilett hasn't made any progress since he left us - sadly I don't think he'll ever fulfil his promise.

Samba has looked awful since he returned from Russia - little wonder QPR fans are fuming. Hoilett hasn't made any progress since he left us - sadly I don't think he'll ever fulfil his promise.

The only thing I would say in Samba's defence is that it appears he was nowhere near full fitness when he returned from Russia. I thought I'd heard he'd been much improved in recent games before Monday night's horrific display.

Shame if he doesn't cos he has plenty. Franz Carr / Andy Crawford Mk 3 perhaps?

A lesson not to have your Dad as your agent perhaps?

Much as I admire his qualities on the pitch as a footballer, shouldn't be long now before Samba chucks his toys out of the pram, accuses QPR of not living up to his expectations, and refuses to play for them again.

Feel a bit sorry for Hoiillet looking likely to have 2 successive relegations. His goals kept us temporarily 2 seasons ago.

I posted some time ago that I'd read that Samba doesn't have a relegation clause in his contract (like a lot of the QPR high earners). It will be interesting to see what happens when their relegation is confirmed.

That would be utterly insane. Nobody would do that, and nobody should expect anyone else to do it. Rovers should have been more diligent. They gave him a medical and a long contract, if the insurance didn't pay out (did it?) then it's entirely the club's fault.

Same thing with Samba. He's not going to apologise for being crap and collecting a vast amount of money while failing to do the job he was brought in to do, i.e. save QPR. Neither is Harry Redknapp.

That would be utterly insane. Nobody would do that, and nobody should expect anyone else to do it. Rovers should have been more diligent. They gave him a medical and a long contract, if the insurance didn't pay out (did it?) then it's entirely the club's fault.

Same thing with Samba. He's not going to apologise for being crap and collecting a vast amount of money while failing to do the job he was brought in to do, i.e. save QPR. Neither is Harry Redknapp.

That`s the think M K it would make the game a hell of a lot better if they did hold there hands up or walk away. I know it`s not human nature but at the very least we should be able to drag them in to the office and say either shape up or we start docking your wages.

Archived