BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Eastwood - Set To Sign

I thought goodwillie was looking good in the last couple of games(especially taking into consideration hes barely played any competitive football in the last 2 years)

I wouldnt put him in the same category of leaches that murphy, dann, roninson, etuhu and likepy 1 or 2 othets are in, i think could do a good job here if the manager wants him.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought goodwillie was looking good in the last couple of games(especially taking into consideration hes barely played any competitive football in the last 2 years)

I wouldnt put him in the same category of leaches that murphy, dann, roninson, etuhu and likepy 1 or 2 othets are in, i think could do a good job here if the manager wants him.

Agreed (tho I wouldn't put Dann in that category) and I'd rather keep BigDick than sign DJ Campbell tbh. Rhodes, Best, him and Rochina is enough in terms of forwards.

This is a complete disaster this Pole was once touted for Chelsea so must have something about him linked with some EPL clubs and when he came in he did extremely well.

In my opinion would have been worth pursuing and paying a small fee for him as he is young and will only get better.

He is an experienced Polish international player and there is the problem if Jake Kean gets injured we will be royally up the creek without a paddle.

Keeley might have unearthed a gem in Eastwood but the point is it is a massive risk as if it does not work out for him here for whatever reason we will be finished and still nowhere near the Prem. Lge.

Before anyone says we have Robbo to come back I would trust my cat to do a better job between the sticks than that Spurs reject not commanding enough, flaps at corners, does not get down quick enough to shots even has trouble getting down to long range efforts & is on massive wages.

As for Urwin yes he could turn out good but is largly unproven at this level & Usai is exactly the same.

At least with Sando we had someone who could come in and do a decent enough job now we are really back at square one.

In my opinion if we need to get people of the wage bill to accomodate Sando we should have got rid of Robbo and loaned out Usai with Kean,Sando & Urwin as our 3.

This signing in my opinion smacks of owners who want to be a million miles away from the EPL.

Very underwhelmed with this signing. I only hope it turns out ok for us but still represents a massive risk. It would also sum up our luck if Sando goes to an EPL club and does a very good job.

Brfcrule1 - Agreed. This signing hinges on Jake Kean being injury-free and not suffering from second season syndrome. Instead of having a promising, Polish international goalkeeper as backup/competition, we have a lower league plodder.

This is a complete disaster this Pole was once touted for Chelsea so must have something about him linked with some EPL clubs and when he came in he did extremely well.

Manchester United and Tottenham courting Radosav Petrovic

From what I've seen, Kean is the better prospect. Sandomierski is a very good shot stopper but there's a presence and authority about Kean that I really like. There is no point having two young goalkeepers, it would harm both of their developments.

• Backroom

Manchester United and Tottenham courting Radosav Petrovic

From what I've seen, Kean is the better prospect. Sandomierski is a very good shot stopper but there's a presence and authority about Kean that I really like. There is no point having two young goalkeepers, it would harm both of their developments.

I see in Kean something I loved about Brad. He @#/? the defenders when they cock-up, regardless of whether a goal is conceded. He has standards of what he wants in front of him. If he can keep up his form for us, then he may develop the same level of respect from his defence that Brad used to have (which will hopefully = a better, tighter, more motivated defence).

Just asked my Pompey supporting mate about this lad and he said Pompey are gutted to be losing him. He said that when he got into the side he had a nervy start but really started to look the part the longer he stayed in the side. When they went on a 23 game (or something like that) winless run he was often the big the reason they didn't lose by 5 or 6 goals in a lot of matches. Make of that what you will.

Twenty three winless games doesnt sound good at all.

Surely hes the type of calibre we want to be seeing in the opponents goals

I see in Kean something I loved about Brad. He @#/? the defenders when they cock-up, regardless of whether a goal is conceded. He has standards of what he wants in front of him. If he can keep up his form for us, then he may develop the same level of respect from his defence that Brad used to have (which will hopefully = a better, tighter, more motivated defence).

Yeah I agree completely. It's not often a young goalkeeper has those qualities. They're usually a bit more fragile and sheepish until they have more experience. His kicking is poor at the moment, but he can learn that. In every other department I think he's at least equal to Sandomierski.

Archived