BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Eastwood - Set To Sign

Isn't Robinson out of contract at the end of June?

Just Dunny ain't it for this year-everyone else sat comfy on the gravy train in 1st Class. 30 June will be like the DFS ''everything must go this weekend'' sale!!

Then again we have someone with experience of the ''furniture'' industry on the board don't we??? Wise move not to fire him with the upcoming sale !!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst Taylor sounds like he would be a good signing, can't see this lad adding much to the mix. Disappointing if anything because it doesn't sound as though Sandomierski will be here next season who I think has done really well.

No harm as second choice to Jake Kean, shame we couldn't keep hold of Sando but I guess he's destined for bigger and better things than us.

Who says he'll be second choice. Kean might be off, or he might get injured. It's no good signing players in the hope they don't play. BTW, is Usai still here?

If you call a league 2 keeper on a free, that the fans of his club are far from sorry to see him go, as shrewd then heaven help you. ;)

Well youd only fnd fault with any signing, so your opinions irrelevant as far as in concerned.(and if you cant find one youd invent one;)

If you call a league 2 keeper on a free, that the fans of his club are far from sorry to see him go, as shrewd then heaven help you. ;)

I think the reason they are annoyed with him is because he decided to ditch the club after saying he wanted to stay.

It's still a strange signing though, didn't Sandomierski have some sort of buy out clause in his contract?, very fishy to sign this guy instead if that was the case.

• Backroom

To be fair we signed some has-been from the Rangers reserves and he turned out ok. Some 6'5" bloke from Hertha Berlin's reserve team's reserve team. A kiwi from the MLS. A beanpole from some French 2nd division team. There are many other such examples throughout football.

Admittedly we had far better management back then, but still, it could come together under Bowyer, who knows? All that matters is how they do while here. How many people kept saying 'If he's Polish International, why isn't he starting ahead of our youth keeper?' and he turned out to be quite impressive over the few games he played.

Signing Taylor looks decent to me (certainly on paper is more credible than Samba or Nelsen's signings)! Eastwood, as back-up to Kean? Decent if it allows us to free-up wages from Robbo's departure.

No harm as second choice to Jake Kean, shame we couldn't keep hold of Sando but I guess he's destined for bigger and better things than us.

west ham were said to be lining him up according to the papers at the weekend.

Think it's a sensible move, much rather we got a second choice keeper on a free than putting more debt in the club by paying a transfer fee for the polish lad and higher wages to sit on the bench.

And if Kean gets injured, we will have a league 2 GK in the first team...

• Backroom

And if Kean gets injured, we will have a league 2 GK in the first team...

I prefer to think of him as League 1 (as that's the league he played in at Portsmouth). But less than a year ago, he'd agreed a contract with Bradford Park Avenue of the Conference North!

west ham were said to be lining him up according to the papers at the weekend.

Let's hope we keep Robbo then if Kean leaves. Going from three good keepers to two average one's would be a disaster. (Never seen Usai play so I'm guessing him being average at this level but I might be wrong)

To be fair we signed some has-been from the Rangers reserves and he turned out ok. Some 6'5" bloke from Hertha Berlin's reserve team's reserve team. A kiwi from the MLS. A beanpole from some French 2nd division team. There are many other such examples throughout football.

Mark Bunn also springs to mind, I think Northampton were in League 2 when we signed him, and we were a Prem club at the time. I remember everyone scoffing at that transfer and he hasn't done too badly.

We've done alright for keepers in the past, hope it stays that way.

edit: sorry for double post.

I really don't care who his agent is???

he has been recommend by John Keeley who worked with him at Pompey to GB.

looks a good free transfer for back up GK

If you know who recommended him surely you know who his agent is.

If you know who recommended him surely you know who his agent is.

Sadly I don't Jal. I only know what certain people(ITK on twitter) have said who has recommend him to rovers which is our current GK coach John Keeley

Why ?

just don't sadly. not interest who player's agents are tbh. Trust Bowyer to sign players he wants and not go on who player's agent.

other issues that have been discuss on other threads about certain people and things I have read and will continue read them.

Archived