BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Eastwood - Set To Sign

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Odd. I'd have thought we'd try to sign the Polish guy. We're signing a lot of people on Bosmans, but who is doing the signing?

Strange signing to be making.

How comes we can manage to sign free transfers but we haven't yet managed to appoint a manager?

Is a deal for Bowyer all but done and he's sanctioning these signings?

It's all bass ackwards if you ask me, and you have to wonder what's going on.

Guess he's signed to be the no. 3? My guess Jake is the definate no. 1, and Robbo is a "if possible, get rid, if not he's no. 2". I don't see the harm, guess he'll be on low wages and decent enough backup, provided he's actually good. I don't think Sando is coming permanently (maybe too expensive atm to be a backup).

Sometimes these no. 3 gk's turn out decent (Jake Kean was 3rd GK a while back, wasn't John Filan number 3 in the pecking order once as well?)

Someone on wiki doesn't like him any more:

Blackburn Rovers [edit]

On the 13th May 2013 Eastwood showed a lack of honour and agreed a deal in principle to become one of Blackburn's many bench-warmers. Eastwood realised during his time at Portsmouth that he didn't really like being a goalkeeper, and my by agreeing this deal to become Blackburn's third choice, he won't have to play again during the duration of his contract.

Sounds alright and provides competition for places with Jake (refuse to tarnish him by referring to his surname).

I would prefer an experienced hand in goal, but Jake has shown a lot of promise and if he continues to develop and work on his weak areas, he'll become a good GK for us.

Guest Norbert

Even if the likes of Robinson, Murphy etc. are offered on a free transfer, it will be a great help to the finances.

Isn't Robinson out of contract at the end of June?

I believe so, but we don't really know Bowyer's stance on Robbo though. Overall I think it's highly unlikely he plays for Rovers again, maybe not for any team considering his health issues.

Haven't seen anything of Eastwood, but if he's a backup to Kean then that's fine. I think it's clear that Sando is on the move after putting in some decent performances due to Kean's injury.

Think it's a sensible move, much rather we got a second choice keeper on a free than putting more debt in the club by paying a transfer fee for the polish lad and higher wages to sit on the bench.

I believe so, but we don't really know Bowyer's stance on Robbo though. Overall I think it's highly unlikely he plays for Rovers again, maybe not for any team considering his health issues.

Haven't seen anything of Eastwood, but if he's a backup to Kean then that's fine. I think it's clear that Sando is on the move after putting in some decent performances due to Kean's injury.

I think there's more chance of me signing for Rovers than Robinson signing a new deal!

I'd rather Kean was our long term number one than Sandomierski anyway. Sando made some excellent saves but Kean looks the much better prospect to me. I think he's a more rounded player. Ideally we'd have both but I can't imagine either would be happy on the bench.

I'm pretty sure I read that he has AT LEAST one year left on his deal. Certain in fact.

I'm sure when the West Ham deal was lined up in January that it was being reported that he had 6 months left on his deal.

"Paul Robinson contract" Google search heavily suggests it expires next month. http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/09/west-ham-join-race-for-blackburn-rovers-keeper-paul-robinson/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10400201.Future_of_61_to_be_decided_at_Blackburn_Rovers/

Here it is Le Chuck. Two years left! @#/? me, he must be on £30-£40k+. If true he'll be the third hardest to shift after Murphy and Etuhu I'd wager.

Wow I hope that's not true. All other sources I can find suggest this summer, but then the LET should be a better source.

Its another sensible and shrewd signing(if they actually go through), cant really complain(though im sure some will anyway)

True we do need a clear out, but until the transfer windows fully open nobody can actually be sold only released from their contract(and surely its best to at least try and get some kind of fee before deciding to cut your loses and pay players off)

Its another sensible and shrewd signing(if they actually go through), cant really complain(though im sure some will anyway)

True we do need a clear out, but until the transfer windows fully open nobody can actually be sold only released from their contract(and surely its best to at least try and get some kind of fee before deciding to cut your loses and pay players off)

If you call a league 2 keeper on a free, that the fans of his club are far from sorry to see him go, as shrewd then heaven help you. ;)

Archived