BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Please read the Tranmere Rovers Story!

TBTF

Tranmere Rovers owner Peter Johnson has put the Club up for sale and asked the Fans Trust to come up with Half a million pounds to buy it from him . If they can do he will waive all the debt that the Club owes him over the years to ensure it stays in the hands of people who have the Clubs best interests at heart.Apparently he has also asked for their plan for taking the Club forward.

Now Venkys , there is your precedent AND your exit card.!!

The next time Venkys do something for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers .

Will be the first time !!

I wish they would just go !

But 'next' implies that it's happened before. ;)

Anyway, I'm sure the running costs of Tranmere and significantly lower than Rovers. There's no way a Supporters Trust could afford to takeover the club. It's a contingency plan for when we're in the Pompey-esque brown stuff.

A trust will never work, it's all good and well having a trust.. But then people are not happy with that trust after a while, so another trust tries to form.. But the first trust, no matter how bad things are and the second trust has all the answers will stop it at all cost..

At the end of the day it's all about self interest, sadly that's the way Hunan beings work!!

What's the alternative though, Brad, just let the club die once Venkys clear off?

Plenty of Trusts have sprung up in recent times so it might just be the future.

The 50+1 rule introduced organically...?

Just my opinion Stuart, not a bad thing that's for sure.. And I take my hat of to the many people putting in a lot of hard work..

Though I'm looking further into the future.. When does it stop becoming a trust.. Investments are being made and pledges asked..

There's no such thing as trust long term when money is involved!!

In the early days when most football clubs started they had a trust.. Then money got involved!!

Just my opinion Stuart, not a bad thing that's for sure.. And I take my hat of to the many people putting in a lot of hard work..

Though I'm looking further into the future.. When does it stop becoming a trust.. Investments are being made and pledges asked..

There's no such thing as trust long term when money is involved!!

In the early days when most football clubs started they had a trust.. Then money got involved!!

You seem to be mixing up your senses there. The Rovers Trust will always be that, a trust, it cannot be changed into anything else.

As for trust, well we all trusted John Williams and Tom Finn to run the club correctly. There is no reason why another board cannot earn the supporters' trust in the future.

You seem to be mixing up your senses there. The Rovers Trust will always be that, a trust, it cannot be changed into anything else.

As for trust, well we all trusted John Williams and Tom Finn to run the club correctly. There is no reason why another board cannot earn the supporters' trust in the future.

Dont rise to it Paul .What other plan has he got in place? take it he hasnt pledged then?

I think the valid point in the story is that an owner is prepared to write off his debt under certain conditions and put it in the hands of people that care. he has also left them 2 huge plots of land around the ground which they can use to create further capital to run the Club.

Of course its not on the scale of Rovers but if these supposed loaded looneys in Pune are really that then it wont hurt them to think about doing something similar with us will it???

I know its fantasy but the Tranmere Trust probably thought that. Knowing what the end game is for Venkys is the great unknown .But one thing is for sure, they wont be here for ever.

Archived