BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Energy Industry - Your Thoughts?

Pretty much nailed it, koi.

They cry about the cost increases which they "have to pass on", complain about green taxes, and then post obscene profits.

I'm a bit surprised you've asked the question. Are you hoping for balanced views?

Btw, are you getting a free Christmas do this year, tk?

Why surprised at the question?

I'm just interested in peoples views that's all...

As for the Christmas do, we have to pay towards it...

Now, I don't work far enough up the chain to know intimate details of the figures but what we are told (and is readily available to public) is that we make around 5% profit.

Isn't that an acceptable profit for any business to make? I certainly would want that and more from my own business if I had one...

I think we take gas and electric for granted, we waste lots of energy and spend crazy amounts of money on things like sky tv and other things that are non essential...

I blame all the keaners who took the bribe of cheap shares in the days when all these utilities where being sold off under the Iron Lady. It was obvious that there would have been a massive out cry if the shares had have been sold directly to the City so they bribed the little man with a handful of cheap shares knowing the little man would sell the shares to the big institutions right away to make a quick buck.

It was so obvious that it was a scam it was untrue but the stupid keaners fell for it hook line and sinker. Most of ' em are probably bitching about the price rises now.

Greed has many faces Tyrone.

A quick google of "PM name financial scandal" reveals much about your polarised views.

Here are your heroes.......

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=tony+blair+financial+scandals+

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=gordon+brown+financial+scandal

Now compare the above to your previous heroine the Iron lady.... https://www.google.co.uk/#q=margaret+thatcher+financial+scandals

If Cameron wishes to court and rub shoulders with the fantastically wealthy he only need invite Tony and Cherie BLiar around for cocktails.

You are so stupid and your views are so entrenched Jim. How many times have I told you that 'there isn't one politician fit to mend another' these days.

:P

Why surprised at the question?

I'm just interested in peoples views that's all...

As for the Christmas do, we have to pay towards it...

Now, I don't work far enough up the chain to know intimate details of the figures but what we are told (and is readily available to public) is that we make around 5% profit.

Isn't that an acceptable profit for any business to make? I certainly would want that and more from my own business if I had one...

I think we take gas and electric for granted, we waste lots of energy and spend crazy amounts of money on things like sky tv and other things that are non essential...

OK, how do you justify the huge (and I mean HUUUUGE) increase in salaries of exectives once the utility was privatised?

Just for balance, it just doesn't happen in the UK, it happens here too.

For me it's wrong, wrong wrong, when older folk have to shell out on increased prices.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an article about fracking and why it posses a risk to Arab power and influence: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/top_saudi_lets_the_cat_out_of_the_bag.html#.Us1chIeAaGE.facebook

This is the telling quote:

Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, a billionaire businessman and nephew of Saudi King Abdullah, said the production of shale oil and natural gas in the United States and other countries, primarily done through fracking, is a real competitive threat to "any oil-producing country in the world," adding that Saudi Arabia must address the issue because it is a "matter of survival."

New shale oil discoveries "are threats to any oil-producing country in the world," said Prince Alwaleed in an interview with The Globe and Mail. "It is a pivot moment for any oil-producing country that has not diversified. Ninety-two percent of Saudi Arabia's annual budget comes from oil. Definitely it is a worry and a concern."

Guest Norbert

That is indeed true. There probably is a lot of it in such places, and if the USA gets it's own supply it will obviously need to buy less from the Arabs. So long term, we westerners could give less money to these corrupt regimes and slowly disengage from that area with all their crazy religious types.

Of course, there may be environmental issues in extensive fracking, and it is best to make sure there is no long term environmental damage such as polluting drinking water. I'm no expert on that as I have not been keeping up to date with that debate.

Here's an article about fracking and why it posses a risk to Arab power and influence: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/top_saudi_lets_the_cat_out_of_the_bag.html#.Us1chIeAaGE.facebook

This is the telling quote:

Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, a billionaire businessman and nephew of Saudi King Abdullah, said the production of shale oil and natural gas in the United States and other countries, primarily done through fracking, is a real competitive threat to "any oil-producing country in the world," adding that Saudi Arabia must address the issue because it is a "matter of survival."[/size]

New shale oil discoveries "are threats to any oil-producing country in the world," said Prince Alwaleed in an interview with The Globe and Mail. "It is a pivot moment for any oil-producing country that has not diversified. Ninety-two percent of Saudi Arabia's annual budget comes from oil. Definitely it is a worry and a concern."

Well why don't they simply buy majority shareholdings in fracking companies instead of screwing over then Premier League and the British horse racing scene then?

Archived