BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalkeeper

Guest Norbert

There may be instances where he can send a boomer to Gestade to go for, and give Rhodes or another to have a chance.

He really should have taken up rugby, as he could have been an English Halfpenny with those kicks.

There may be instances where he can send a boomer to Gestade to go for, and give Rhodes or another to have a chance.

He really should have taken up rugby, as he could have been an English Halfpenny with those kicks.

He'd have made more money in that dull American version.

Nobert or should i say Nobrain, Robbo is by far our best goalkeeper and regardless or him having a few punts up top i'm sure most will agree that he's streets ahead of Kean or Eastwood.

Hope your not thinking we should always play out from the back as i'm sure you won't have forgotten what happened when Hanley and Eastwood did against Birmingham did you?

Given Robbo's high wage I would imagine Bowyer will be disappointed that neither Kean or Eastwood really grabbed their chance to take the number 1 spot.

I Remember despairing many times at Robbo's inability to save any low shots, but I have to admit that in my opinion he is currently the best we have.

Guest Norbert

Nobert or should i say Nobrain, Robbo is by far our best goalkeeper and regardless or him having a few punts up top i'm sure most will agree that he's streets ahead of Kean or Eastwood.

Hope your not thinking we should always play out from the back as i'm sure you won't have forgotten what happened when Hanley and Eastwood did against Birmingham did you?

Thanks for the personal attack for no reason. That is very classy. Do tell me what you have done in your life that has changed the course of human progress.

I was inferring another bonus that may be of use as well as being a better keeper than those mentioned.

No, you shouldn't.

Though you did just miss a question mark roveranout, or should I say, roveranoutstandingmoron?

Plastic Fantastic. Nice so you'd prefer to listen to pathetic comments about the best goalkeeper at our club. Whooops do you want a question mark?

Fully agree, Stuart. It's great he's back to full health and I hope he can give the defence some confidence in their goalie. Out of the three goalies he's most likely to be able to command the defence, too.

I don't think Kean did too badly in nets overall. He was definitely going through a confidence crisis towards the end of his stint in goal. I think when fans start getting on a goalie's back, particularly if they're a young goalie, it's time to change. Eastwood has been OK, too, so I reckon we've got two good young goalies to spruce up in good time.

Back to Robbo, my only concern is our selective memory. I like the guy as he clearly loves being at Rovers but he had (or still has) his own vulnerabilities that always arose on here on a regular basis. His positioning and his ability to stop shots on the ground are the biggest two I can think of. I'm just worried his time out might mean he won't be as good as before and we might see Kean or Eastwood back between the sticks in six months' time.

Both goalkeepers knew at some point that Robinson would be returning the squad and both had a great chance to showcase their goalkeeping abilities. They are both capable goalkeepers in their own right but Robinson has the experience that the others don't and he also showed is class with a fine save in front of the Darwen end. Class goalkeeper.

Archived