BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goalkeeper

Well after talking aout his comeback for a long while robbo finally gets a game under his belt.

Did he show enough to be starter now or do we stick with Eastwood, or does anyone think we roll back to Kean?

For me Robbo showed enough to start now. He will get better every week as hit fitness grows and I felt the back 4 seemed more assured with him there.

Kean needs to spend day-in-day-out with Robbo like Bunn did. You can see the difference it made to Bunn.

Unless we can get an experienced keeper who is still in the up, we need to get the best out of Kean. For me, working with Paul Robinson is the way to do that.

Robbo was number one so if he's fit and he can still hack it then he should be number one again. He looked ok yesterday but if he begins to struggle then of course he should be replaced. The other two being younger will probably have better reflexes for point blank stops etc but weighing everything all round Robbo is still the best bet imo.

Has to be Robbo for me - he doesn't look 100% fit yet - and will possibly let in the odd goal that the others would have the reflexes to stop. However - his experience will be invaluable - as will his distribution (by far the best kicker in all the leagues). He also talks to the defence far more - and has the age and experience where players will stand up and take notice (we would never see Dann trying to push Robbo to the ground).

Robbo with Eastwood on the bench for me

Kean has a long long long way to go

Anybody of the opinion he played yesterday to get him in the shop window and advertise his fitness in the hope someone will come and take him and relieve us of his no doubt very high wages?.They probably dont want to sell Dann but may have to if he's the only one any one wants to take off us.The bad decisions of the last couple of years may well still haunt us .Even Bowyer is saying we have to deal with the massive debt now.

All a bit sad given the encouraging progress we seem to be making.Still all rather fragile and only 2 games since we were hanging ourselves after a poor Xmas return.

Anybody of the opinion he played yesterday to get him in the shop window and advertise his fitness in the hope someone will come and take him and relieve us of his no doubt very high wages?.They probably dont want to sell Dann but may have to if he's the only one any one wants to take off us.The bad decisions of the last couple of years may well still haunt us .Even Bowyer is saying we have to deal with the massive debt now.

All a bit sad given the encouraging progress we seem to be making.Still all rather fragile and only 2 games since we were hanging ourselves after a poor Xmas return.

What he actually said was

Bowyer revealed last month that he would have to generate his own funds in the January window.

But that did not stop Rovers owners Venky’s from committing to permanent transfers for midfielder Cairney and striker Gestede.

Bowyer said: “It was extremely good of the owners to back us and get both of them into the building full time.”

and

“We will now be more reactive than proactive,” said Bowyer.

“If anybody was to make bids for our players or people that we feel are surplus to requirements then we might look to bring additions then.

“But it’s all about reducing the debt now.”

• Backroom

Robbo even at half his best is far superior to Kean or Eastwood. If fit he must start, simple as that.

True

If Robbo didn't save a single shot he would still command the defence better than the other two

Robbo must be no1 for the rest of the season, providing he stays fit he could well prove to be the difference between play-offs and no play-offs. Eastwood as number two and then try and send Kean out on loan somewhere to try an regain his confidence.

• Backroom

Robinson coming back seems like the nailed on consensus. U would be surprised if he is not in for the next game.

Unless I've missed your posts, good to see you on here again jbn :)

Has to be Robbo for me - he doesn't look 100% fit yet - and will possibly let in the odd goal that the others would have the reflexes to stop. However - his experience will be invaluable - as will his distribution (by far the best kicker in all the leagues). He also talks to the defence far more - and has the age and experience where players will stand up and take notice (we would never see Dann trying to push Robbo to the ground).

Agreed. Easy to underestimate the importance in the modern game of a keeper good with his feet. Not sure why so many keepers struggle simply kicking the ball accurately and far.

Archived