BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nickname thread

Read this on the beeb and thought this could be the prompt for an interesting/humorous thread especially as we all adopt nickname/handles for posting but what about pubic personalities!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26354143

It's quite funny that they call friends names which may seem to be derogatory to us.However we tend to do the same over here.

When i worked in a pub there was a guy who used to come in regular and was in the darts team and stuff so we knew him quite well.He turned up for darts one night and his neck was in a brace and he had a walking stick as he had been in a minor car accident a couple of days earlier.During the couple of days he lost his voice and he had fallen over and broken his big toe.With a deadpan voice a mate of mine turned to him and said: "Come on lucky,you're next on at dominoes...".

So much for sympathy.

Another mate of mine was always trapping off with girls but never seemed to stay with one.After yet another girl had dumped him he was looking down in the dumps and one of the lads said to him: "Well you're @#/? with women you might as well try the blokes...".

We still call him gayness now........and he's still single.

Read this on the beeb and thought this could be the prompt for an interesting/humorous thread especially as we all adopt nickname/handles for posting but what about pubic personalities!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26354143

Not sure exposing a members 'pubic personalities' is a good idea!

But did you pick up on my choice of words?

Of course, I typed it that way remember

:lol:

Anyway I was thinking more in terms of giving nicknames to people like politicians, personalities etc

Archived