BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

You'd think we'll have had people watching this one. Any lads for either side who looked like they may be worth taking on, and play for clubs we should be able to prise them from? Even if only as youth team prospects.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You'd think we'll have had people watching this one. Any lads for either side who looked like they may be worth taking on, and play for clubs we should be able to prise them from? Even if only as youth team prospects.

We do - Philipl is all over it.

• Like 3

Scrappy game. Polish passing not crisp enough.

Poland down to 10. Two yellows for Matyevich. Both deserved.

Both Rovers forwards survived the striker sacrifice for a replacement defender.

Malta forced an excellent save from a free kick. Theuma for Malta looks a real prospect. Very quick forward with good feet and strength.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

Nsonga started as well.

12 hours ago, philipl said:

Nsongu no end product.

Poland 1-0 after Nsango does enough to impede the keeper

Nsangou subbed.

Thanks for the updates philipl, but how many ways do you want to spell Nsangou's name? 😂

• Like 5

It wasn't me, it was the beer...

Should have stuck with Junior.

I would be very surprised if either Rovers youngster start against Italy.

I wouldn't knock them for their performances here. The Poles look very under coached compared with the Portugese and even Malta had a much better shape and game plan.

In both games the Poles seemed to have no sense of where their colleagues were moving to. There was close to no shape or instinctive movement and passing when in the opposition half. Looked terribly ponderous as the player in possession scanned the field for the next pass.

Biniek in particular was guilty of under hit passes towards players who instead of looking to receive the simple ball had sprinted away needing a Tugay special to find them.

Poland played virtually no triangles all night which is an instant tell that the coaching is not up to scratch.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Italy predictably dirty but Vigato is the best player I have seen in this tournament. Italian first yellow.

Nsangou has created a shooting chance. In all fairness the balls forward in his approximate direction have been woeful.

Edited by philipl

Fabulous run the length of the pitch by Vignato to set up Italian equaliser. Vignato skied a great chance from the restart.

Nsangou has touched it twice now.

Three with an insipid attempt which he should have buried.

Edited by philipl

Rovers Academy have a big job to do when the Polish lads get back to Brockhall.

I don't know whose bank manager the Polish coach is but he is clueless. I watched 270 minutes and I don't think I saw one Polish triangle. Extraordinary inept second half against an Italian defence and midfield full of mistakes if pressed.

Biniek started with intelligent running making space but no ball because nobody was looking to the right and certainly not to the right touchline. Biniek had to go hunting the ball meaning receiving it back to goal but even so had a fantastic outside in run but nobody came short for a lay off and no intelligent off the ball runs to create space..

Nsangou is Gallageresque in going where the ball isn't. He looked totally dejected on the bench in the second half today.

• Like 1

Portugal hammered Norway 5-0 and Italy beat Spain 3-2 so the 2 who qualified from Poland group are in the final. Portugal beat Italy 5-1 in the Group stage.

The one outstanding team in the competition are also the reason why England aren't in Malta...

• Like 1