BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Saturday, 28th March, Non-league Day?

With Premier and Championship teams having a break this weekend due to the international matches, local non-league clubs are hoping for a boost in attendances as local football supporters look for some live Saturday afternoon action.

Not many games on in the north west but Kendal are home to Northwich Victoria, and Clitheroe play host to Ossett Town. By far the stand-out non-league fixture of the day is Chorley V Tamworth. Following victories over Stockport County and Leamington this week, the Magpies are pushing for a play-off spot together with Saturday's opponents, Tamworth. A crowd pushing 2,000 is expected, hopefully boosted by many football league team supporters who want to experience the non-league game.

3.00pm kick-off but the social club is open for pre-match drinks from about 1.30pm.
Adult admission price is £10.00, senior citizens and students £7.00, 12 to 16s £5.00, 8 to 11s £2.00 and under 8s FREE!

With Garry Flitcroft and Matt Jansen at the helm, Football Conference for Chorley FC is a distinct possibility for next season!

No better time or occasion to experience the best of non-league football than Victory Park this Saturday!! Come and give Garry and Matt some support!!

Heck! Is that what league Stockport County are playing in these days? How the not so mighty have fallen.

I remember the days of Kevin Francis.

As for Chorley......unfortunately it's a bit of a pain in the ass to get to on the train - via Bolton I think. But if Rovers vanish I guess I might become a supporter - especially since Blackburn Town (lol) folded before the season even got going.

Heck! Is that what league Stockport County are playing in these days? How the not so mighty have fallen.

As for Chorley......unfortunately it's a bit of a pain in the ass to get to on the train - via Bolton I think. But if Rovers vanish I guess I might become a supporter - especially since Blackburn Town (lol) folded before the season even got going.

Bus number 24 two every hour via Feniscowles

There is a bus from Blacburn, via Ewood, that takes you to Chorley Bus Station.

I have a soft spot for Chorley. I remember going on the supporters buses to Wigan when they were non-league and places like Burscough. My Brother also played for them in the 70's alongside Paul Mariner and Micky ??? who alongside Paul also played for England. My Brother had a trial for Wolves who were Division 1 (one EPL) at the time but didn't bother going as it was no career, he finished up being a penniless journalist covering Blackpool.

Good luck Chorley.

Although it wasn't on Saturday, I went to watch AFC Darwen last Wednesday! Wayne Wild has done a cracking job to improve every aspect of the club. The real reality is though that I was more entertained watching Darwen, than I have been watch Rovers this season. They gave it a real go, even though they lost by a goal. I shall be returning this coming Wednesday!

There is a bus from Blacburn, via Ewood, that takes you to Chorley Bus Station.

I have a soft spot for Chorley. I remember going on the supporters buses to Wigan when they were non-league and places like Burscough. My Brother also played for them in the 70's alongside Paul Mariner and Micky ??? who alongside Paul also played for England. My Brother had a trial for Wolves who were Division 1 (one EPL) at the time but didn't bother going as it was no career, he finished up being a penniless journalist covering Blackpool.

Good luck Chorley.

Micky Walsh. Went to Blackpool.

Archived